Minecraft 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

On 11/2/2018 at 11:35 PM, Mikuri said:

Bigfig Steve with Parrot (21148) – 159 pieces
Bigfig Alex with Chicken (21149) – 160 pieces
Bigfig Skeleton with Magma Cube (21150) – 142 pieces
The Last Battle (21151) – 222 pieces
The Pirate Ship Adventure (21152) – 386 pieces

*Source = TheBrickFan

So yeah, kinda sad we'll only get 2 normal sets, and small ones too. I'm not into bigfigs at all. Hopefully those 2 sets are gonna be with cool new skins like the leaked one.

I hope they do Shipwrecks justice. They're my favourite generated structure. 

I also hope it's exposed on the surface of the water, maybe partly buried in the sand? In my experience a lot more shipwrecks generate on the surface of the water than underneath it. Since it's confirmed there'll be a dolphin and a turtle, I'm also hoping for a new Drowned minifig, and if we're really lucky a new molded Trident in sand green. 

Also, it's not 'The Last Battle'. It's 'The End Battle', and it's themed around the End. As in, the dimension full of Endermen. 

Personally, I predict that they'll recolour that new Silverfish mold in lavender or purple and use it as an Endermite. That, plus some trans dark green 1x1 round plates to represent Ender Pearls, an Enderman or two, Steve in diamond armour and a bit of terrain, and I'll be happy. 

8 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Personally, I predict that they'll recolour that new Silverfish mold in lavender or purple and use it as an Endermite. That, plus some trans dark green 1x1 round plates to represent Ender Pearls, an Enderman or two, Steve in diamond armour and a bit of terrain, and I'll be happy. 

Around half of your guesses are correct :wink: I’ve just come across a German set description that revealed the following: The set includes a dragon hunter (in all likelihood that hooded character that leaked a while ago), an Enderman, the Ender Dragon and Ender Pearls. I wonder how they‘ll pull off the dragon at this price point :snicker:

In terms of minifigs, the pirate ship includes Alex, a pirat and a Zombie :thumbup: Besides the previously revealed dolphin & turtle, it also comes with a parrot.

Edited by Lego-Freak

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Around half of your guesses are correct :wink: I’ve just come across a German set description that revealed the following: The set includes a dragon hunter (in all likelihood that hooded character that leaked a while ago), an Enderman, the Ender Dragon and Ender Pearls. I wonder how they‘ll pull off the dragon at this price point :snicker:

In terms of minifigs, the pirate ship includes Alex, a pirat and a Zombie :thumbup: Besides the previously revealed dolphin & turtle, it also comes with a parrot.

A pirate?

Is that, like, a new player character?

Wow. Not that I'm opposed to having more players in my Minecraft layout, but if there's two more new characters when I already have nine (Steve, Alex, the two from the Skull Arena, four from one of the skin packs a couple of years back, and a duplicate Steve who I interpret as Herobrine) it's gonna start to get crowded. 

Also, I didn't see this hooded character. Can someone send me a link to the picture?

Catalogue leaks are out! The Shipwreck is resting by a cave or fortress (hard to tell, it cuts off), and has a turtle and zombie (which could a placeholder for a drowned), but it also has a sail, which is not accurate at all. The End battle set is indeed a battle pack like the Melon Farm and Nether ones. It has a End tower, an Enderman and a new player skin, which is always nice. Also, there is an Ender Dragon. It's tiny as.

These sets both look great. I'm definitely getting them both. Kinda bummed that there's only one Enderman, though. Eh, oh well. Can't wait for full pictures. 

Also, it looks like the Shipwreck set is built on a 16x16 blue plate. That'll be interesting. 

I do hope that the Zombie is indeed a Drowned placeholder. 

Like the rest of you, I'm hoping the zombie is a placeholder for a drowned. The turtle is certainly an excellent addition, and a highlight for me in this wave. The End battlepack-like set is kinda weird, but between the low price and the new skin, it's a guaranteed buy for me. 

Is there some kind of new piece for undead mobs on fire in the daylight? I can't tell if the fire on the zombie is digital, brick-built, or what.. Any ideas?

1 hour ago, Cottin said:

Is there some kind of new piece for undead mobs on fire in the daylight? 

I think it's just brickbuilt, probably using transparent cone parts and white plates. But that new candlelight part from the HP sets might be part of it.

Y'now, something's bothering me. 

The prelims make it look like that new player character is fighting the Ender Dragon without any armour. Or anything other than an enchanted bow and a potion. 

That can't be right, can it? Because that would be suicidal. Endermen can't be killed by bows and arrows. 

And I was really counting on this set as a good source of cheap diamond armour. It's bad enough that no major Australian retailer in my area stocks Minecraft stuff. 

Also, I REALLY hope that, since the Pirate Ship Set has a turtle, there'll be a helmet coloured in green to represent a turtle shell. That would be amazing. 

Which means it probably won't happen. 

ill never understand how they can't take pictures of the whole page 

I've just got a used/half built original ender dragon set for the kids from santa so not bothered for the ender set hopefully the pirate ship will look better in "real Life" 

The cave is out of stock on UK S@H and the Ocean Monument is listed as retiring soon 

hopefully a new D2C is coming 

The Pirate Ship Adventure is the only one that I probably will get, possibly one of those brick built figures. Still need clearer and full images to make a full opinion though, I don't get why these leakers can't just take pictures of the entire page and not have it be half the picture... 

31 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

Still need clearer and full images to make a full opinion though, I don't get why these leakers can't just take pictures of the entire page and not have it be half the picture... 

I don‘t want to insinuate anything, but you wouldn‘t attract new followers on social media if you spilled all the goods at once, would you :wink:

B2T: The pirate ship looks like a fun set with some neat details (e.g that flag) :thumbup: I also hope that‘s a Drowned rather than a regular Zombie, would be quite a missed opportunity otherwise. The Ender Dragon looks quite neat from what I can tell. Of course it‘s going to be puny compared to the original version, maybe we can pretend it’s its offspring or something :tongue:

12 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I don‘t want to insinuate anything, but you wouldn‘t attract new followers on social media if you spilled all the goods at once, would you :wink:

B2T: The pirate ship looks like a fun set with some neat details (e.g that flag) :thumbup: I also hope that‘s a Drowned rather than a regular Zombie, would be quite a missed opportunity otherwise. The Ender Dragon looks quite neat from what I can tell. Of course it‘s going to be puny compared to the original version, maybe we can pretend it’s its offspring or something :tongue:

Who says the Dragon Egg don't hatch? XD

I am particularly excited about the flag, mostly my because it looks like it's a banner printed on a normal 2x3 tile! As in, not on one of the 2x3s wit clips on the end. 

Finally, we will have Lego banner shields!

I mean, we do already, but only if you can ignore having clips at the top. And this'll work much better, 

Pictures of the Pirate Ship set have surfaced on IG :thumbup: It's a regular Zombie after all, but the new flame piece is great :wub:

Edit: pictures of the End Battle set are available as well. I can't believe they managed to do the Ender Dragon justice in such a small set, IMO it even surpasses the first version :sweet:

Edited by Lego-Freak

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Pictures of the Pirate Ship set have surfaced on IG :thumbup: It's a regular Zombie after all, but the new flame piece is great :wub:

So that is a new part! The rest of the set is actually better than I thought. The island bit is a bit blocky (the irony is not lost on me), but the ship looks good! Much like an actual MC shipwreck would look in action. Pirate skin is neat, the dolphin is adorable, turtle is cute (eggs even cuter), and OH MY GOD THEY FINALLY MADE A PARROT I'M GONNA DIE!

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

pictures of the End Battle set are available as well. I can't believe they managed to do the Ender Dragon justice in such a small set, IMO it even surpasses the first version :sweet:

I'm surprised too! This dragon looks like an Ender Dragon (even more so than the original, which had regular dragon wings), is not a disproportioned caricature, and while smaller, is actually reasonably scaled! I wouldn't say the rest is amazing, but the new skin is great and this may be the cheapest way to get an Enderman. Definitely picking this up, might even break me out of my MC dark age!

Looking at the pictures, I just remembered that a Minecraft movie adaptation was supposed to be released next May. I ‘ve now looked up what happened to the production since WB have been suspiciously silent about it. Apparently both the director and writer have recently left the project (and the former was himself a replacement) and now the movie has been pushed back to an unknown release date. Maybe that’s the reason the Spring wave is that small, especially in comparison to this year’s offerings? Sort of what happened to BvS, but even more short-notice? *huh*

I like both of these new sets. 

The Shipwreck is impressive, though I really should have guessed that it could be rebuilt into a full, functional ship. Not like anyone cares that ships like that don't work in Minecraft, eh? (Without mods, anyway.)

I'm actually a bit disappointed by the town new player skins. They both look underdetailed, and I thought the prelim pictures showed a player with dark skin and a green jacket. I was looking forward to that, damnit. The pirate one looks plain, and the dragon hunter one is . . alright, but . . eh. Very eh. 

Also disappointed by the accessories in both sets; no armour? One gold sword for Alex and pirate boy to share? Fighting the Ender Dragon with only an enchanted bow? 

The mobs, though, are definitely the highlights. The dolphin and turtle are adorable, cheap Enderman is a plus, and the Ender Dragon is epic. And ah, turtle eggs. Little banes of my games. I approve of the 'cannon' dispensers, too. Are those supposed to be fire charges they're shooting? Nice!

Just noticed something on the Ender Dragon box. At the bottom right corner, its says that you can unlock an in-game skin with a code. Cool to see the level on which they're collaborating.

28 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

The dolphin and turtle are adorable, cheap Enderman is a plus, and the Ender Dragon is epic. And ah, turtle eggs. Little banes of my games. 

DON'T FORGET THE PARROT.

Edited by GrandDukeofKumquats

So, how does everyone think Lego is going to handle all the new stuff in 1.14?

I'm particularly interested in the villagers. The Classic 'plain brown robe' villager still exists as one of the many, many, many new skin combinations, but if Lego wants to do these villagers justice in a potential new Village set, they'd need a lot of new prints. 

I'm also seriously hoping that somewhere down the line we'll get minifig versions of Illagers - and I'm certain that a Pillager Outpost would make a great set for Summer 2019 or 2020. 

However, I somehow think the Crossbow might be best represented with some kind of brick-built design that integrates the existing pixel bow element. I'm already working on a possible design. 

Any thoughts?

A summer set list has popped up on IG:

21153 The Wool Farm, 260 pcs

21154 The Blazing Bridge, 372 pcs 

21155 The Creeper Mine, 834 pcs

Doesn‘t sound like a wishlist AT ALL, so I trust it for the time being :sweet: Interesting selection, sounds like we‘re getting more sheep (hopefully in a new colour, though please anything but pink ones, those are a bad omen :head_back:), another Nether set and yet another mine :hmpf_bad: I guess they have to release a mine set once in a while, it‘s called Minecraft after all...

The new set list sounds promising. 

I actually would like a pink sheep. And the Blazing Bridge . . I'm not certain if that will be a Nether set, but it would make sense. That said, if it is I probably won't get it. 

The Creeper Mine, on the other hand . . eh, maybe . . could be interesting. 

Apparently, we're getting our first Minecraft polybag :classic: It includes some grass, sand, a TNT block, a torch, some sugar cane and Steve + a Creeper :thumbup:

I suppose summer leaks are still surfacing, but I'm seeing nothing from the Minecraft theme. I hope it continues, even in small waves.