Anonknee Muss

Minecraft 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

What’s in store for Steve and Alex next year? Let’s build discuss below.

Sets based off of the latest update - Update Aquatic have been rumoured. What could these entail? 

Oddly enough, we will be receiving 2 normal sets alongside 3 'big fig' sets.

21148 Steve with Parrot

21149 Alex with Chicken

21150 Skeleton with Magma Cube

21151 The End Battle

21152 "Pirate Ship"

Based on this list and the leaked image, I would guess that 21152 is an underwater ruin with a dolphin, a turtle, and perhaps a Drowned. Otherwise, 21151 may be a rerelease of the Ender Dragon Battle, considering it will have been 4-5 years since the last set.

Interesting list :thumbup: I'm glad they're trying new concepts, can't wait to see the buildable figures :sweet: However, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for 21151 being based on the End city, but the name sadly suggests otherwise :sadnew: The amount of lavendel bricks required for such a theoretical set might also pose a problem, rendering a redesigned Ender Dragon set much more viable in comparison.

23 hours ago, latenightguy said:

Oddly enough, we will be receiving 2 normal sets alongside 3 'big fig' sets.

21148 Steve with Parrot

21149 Alex with Chicken

21150 Skeleton with Magma Cube

Well, I'll be most interested in seeing how these brick-built figures will be done, as I'm surprised we haven't seen Lego do such a thing for the theme since its start in 2015! Given their simplistic, pixalated designs, Steve and Alex at least should be easy to capture in a wide range of scales without any need for prints and/or stickers. 

Hmm. The Pirate Ship interests me, though it might be hard to put in a layout since it's supposed to be underwater. 

I'd love an Ender Dragon rerelease, since I missed the first one. 

That said, I have no interest in constraction . . unless they could possibly be used as statues of some sort in a minifig-scale layout . . but I digress.

It would appear that The End Battle is $20, so it will most likely be a slightly larger version of the Farm and Nether battle packs.

Buildable figures sound great. Those 6” figures keep catching my eye, so Lego versions would be very welcome. Hopefully they come with lots of accessories.

A new minifig has leaked, and it‘s a new Player skin :thumbup: It‘s a female character with a hoodie (azur blue I think?) and a printed Creeper backpack :laugh:

1 hour ago, Benny benny BENNY said:

could she be from a new skin pack ???

Maybe, but I hope/think she's in a set. We've had too many Steves and Alexes, and the Skull Arena set has shown us that they are willing to shake things up.

I'm also very glad they release the Skull Arena for 2 more characters, very bored of the same skins for Steve and Alex.

The leaked skin is also looking very cool and I hope it'll be included in regular sets like the Skull Arena did.

Very shocked this thread isn’t that busy is minecraft such a small niche product ??? 

my children and I are late to the show we did this with ninjargo and played catch up ever since there getting a few sets as a surprise for Christmas (no body tell them please) 

when do you think the sets will be out ?? There’s a couple of leaked pics on Instagram of a dolphin and a turtle so looking forward to the pirate ship 

Just now, Benny benny BENNY said:

when do you think the sets will be out ?? There’s a couple of leaked pics on Instagram of a dolphin and a turtle so looking forward to the pirate ship 

Those were from a post on LEGO's Twitter, actually, not really leaked

The piece Counts are listed I’ve on brick fan looks like it’s a very small wave with small sets no more that 400 pieces with the “pirate ship” being the biggest 

do they normally do the big sets in the summer wave ??? 

Bigfig Steve with Parrot (21148) – 159 pieces
Bigfig Alex with Chicken (21149) – 160 pieces
Bigfig Skeleton with Magma Cube (21150) – 142 pieces
The Last Battle (21151) – 222 pieces
The Pirate Ship Adventure (21152) – 386 pieces

*Source = TheBrickFan

So yeah, kinda sad we'll only get 2 normal sets, and small ones too. I'm not into bigfigs at all. Hopefully those 2 sets are gonna be with cool new skins like the leaked one.

Edited by Mikuri

On 11/3/2018 at 2:12 PM, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Catalogue images of the "Bigfig" Minecraft sets have leaked on Insta. 

I'll just say, while I do admit that they're designed quite well, I'm still somewhat disappointed that they utilize printing for their faces. It's just that they would've been more impressive if all their pixalated features were instead brick-built, something I think would've been rather easy to do. 

it would seem that the mountain cave is Out of Stock on lego shop @home  (in the uk anyway) 

do you think that means a new "big" set will be released next wave/year ??

Im not familiar with the game but is there any big locations or things in the game that are missing from the sets ???

Already? I thought D2C sets are supposed to have a longer lifespan than regular retail sets :oh3:

Yes, there is a big location they haven‘t touched upon yet, the Woodland mansion :wink: The problem there is the colour, it would have to be dark brown and I‘m not sure they‘d have enough parts in that colour to pull it off (which may also be the reason End cities have been ignored as well, too much lavender in that case)