obijon

[MOC] MINI Conveyex Transport (SOLO)

Hello again everyone.

To celebrate the DVD release of Solo I present my MINI version of the Conveyex transport. 

conveyex.jpg.6afe406d1e4f8d45ae601b40a55fc49b.jpg

It took me a while to get the overall shape without the cars becoming too wide.  There are technic bricks and bricks with studs on the side in the middle of the model and slopes, plates and tiles arranged on the exterior in such a way so that they all interact to hold the little models together.

At first I was just going to build the front engine and caboose (like the system scale model) but then I decided to do both top and bottom once I worked out how I could attach both sides to the track!

The track is simply tiles and plates and the bottom engine and container are attached by inverting bricks with studs on the sides at the bottom of the two modules.

I really enjoyed building this and am really pleased with how this one turned out.  Now to watch the movie for the first time!

Let me know what you think.

Jon

The model is below and here is a link to the Solo gallery (when public).

conveyex1.jpegconveyex2.jpegconveyex3.jpegconveyex4.jpegconveyex5.jpegconveyexmodules.jpegconveyex_display.jpeg

Edited by obijon

Great way to put the downside of the Conveyex. To do that in Lego system scale means to use two of the sets and to mod them. But then the price would be close to €200... *huh*

Very nice! An interlocking system would be nice so they attach on to each other with the rail in the middle.

Edited by JarJarBonks

Thanks for the compliments guys.

On 9/25/2018 at 7:07 PM, dvogon said:

Great way to put the downside of the Conveyex. To do that in Lego system scale means to use two of the sets and to mod them. But then the price would be close to €200... *huh*

It would also be extremely heavy I would guess combining two of those sets.  Keeping the track from warping would be an issue.

On 9/26/2018 at 9:24 AM, JarJarBonks said:

Very nice! An interlocking system would be nice so they attach on to each other with the rail in the middle.

If you mean connecting the trains top and bottom I tried that with clicky hinges, clips and plates but the spacing just did not look right.  It is much cleaner how it is.

This is really nice, on top of that, with that little display and minifig on the side, this would be a great collectible line for TLG.

Realistic mini-sets with a minifig, how much cooler is that than the microfighters

And now for a monorail version! :wink:

Kidding aside, its very well captured with the rail in between. Would be really cool if possible to build a small complete rail track to drive this on. I assume there is no wheel or so inside? But should be possible to keep the tiles to a minimum so it could still slide a bit.

Too bad it was impossible to attach both parts to each other. Really awesome microscale build!

Looks very good! Maybe do a bigger diorama with it? With longer part of track, and the white at-hauler ship?

Thanks again for the nice comments.

On 9/29/2018 at 10:16 AM, Jerac said:

Looks very good! Maybe do a bigger diorama with it? With longer part of track, and the white at-hauler ship?

A great idea, but i don't have the parts, time or space to do this. 

On 9/28/2018 at 12:35 PM, Maranar said:

And now for a monorail version! :wink:

Kidding aside, its very well captured with the rail in between. Would be really cool if possible to build a small complete rail track to drive this on. I assume there is no wheel or so inside? But should be possible to keep the tiles to a minimum so it could still slide a bit.

Too bad it was impossible to attach both parts to each other. Really awesome microscale build!

No wheel inside.  The top level would slide if it was all tiles for the track. the door rail pieces would keep it on the track.

On 9/27/2018 at 3:39 PM, brobert said:

This is really nice, on top of that, with that little display and minifig on the side, this would be a great collectible line for TLG.

Realistic mini-sets with a minifig, how much cooler is that than the microfighters

I know! Planet Sets! :cry_sad:

Edited by obijon

On 9/29/2018 at 1:24 AM, Bartybum said:

My god why can’t LEGO make micro replicas like this. :cry_sad:

the planet sets weren't bad!