See replies in this thread for NEW models - I have consolidated all models from Solo from other topics in to one thread (I had time on my hands during lockdown!)

Models in this thread - 

1. CONVEYEX TRANSPORT
  2. TIE/rb HEAVY STARFIGHTER
  3. AT HAULER
  4. KESSEL RUN MILLENNIUM FALCON
  5. FIRST LIGHT YACHT
  6. M-68 LANDSPEEDER (HAN's)
  7. A-A4B TRUCKSPEEDER (MOLOCH's)
  8. IMPERIAL ARRESTOR CRUISER

CONVEYEX TRANSPORT

Hello again everyone.

To celebrate the DVD release of Solo I present my MINI version of the Conveyex transport. 

conveyex.jpg.6afe406d1e4f8d45ae601b40a55fc49b.jpg

It took me a while to get the overall shape without the cars becoming too wide.  There are technic bricks and bricks with studs on the side in the middle of the model and slopes, plates and tiles arranged on the exterior in such a way so that they all interact to hold the little models together.

At first I was just going to build the front engine and caboose (like the system scale model) but then I decided to do both top and bottom once I worked out how I could attach both sides to the track!

The track is simply tiles and plates and the bottom engine and container are attached by inverting bricks with studs on the sides at the bottom of the two modules.

I really enjoyed building this and am really pleased with how this one turned out.  Now to watch the movie for the first time!

Let me know what you think.

Jon

The model is below and here is a link to the Solo gallery (when public).

conveyex1.jpegconveyex2.jpegconveyex3.jpegconveyex4.jpegconveyex5.jpegconveyexmodules.jpegconveyex_display.jpeg

Edited by obijon

Great way to put the downside of the Conveyex. To do that in Lego system scale means to use two of the sets and to mod them. But then the price would be close to €200... *huh*

Very nice! An interlocking system would be nice so they attach on to each other with the rail in the middle.

Edited by JarJarBonks

Thanks for the compliments guys.

On 9/25/2018 at 7:07 PM, dvogon said:

Great way to put the downside of the Conveyex. To do that in Lego system scale means to use two of the sets and to mod them. But then the price would be close to €200... *huh*

It would also be extremely heavy I would guess combining two of those sets.  Keeping the track from warping would be an issue.

On 9/26/2018 at 9:24 AM, JarJarBonks said:

Very nice! An interlocking system would be nice so they attach on to each other with the rail in the middle.

If you mean connecting the trains top and bottom I tried that with clicky hinges, clips and plates but the spacing just did not look right.  It is much cleaner how it is.

This is really nice, on top of that, with that little display and minifig on the side, this would be a great collectible line for TLG.

Realistic mini-sets with a minifig, how much cooler is that than the microfighters

And now for a monorail version! :wink:

Kidding aside, its very well captured with the rail in between. Would be really cool if possible to build a small complete rail track to drive this on. I assume there is no wheel or so inside? But should be possible to keep the tiles to a minimum so it could still slide a bit.

Too bad it was impossible to attach both parts to each other. Really awesome microscale build!

Looks very good! Maybe do a bigger diorama with it? With longer part of track, and the white at-hauler ship?

Thanks again for the nice comments.

On 9/29/2018 at 10:16 AM, Jerac said:

Looks very good! Maybe do a bigger diorama with it? With longer part of track, and the white at-hauler ship?

A great idea, but i don't have the parts, time or space to do this. 

On 9/28/2018 at 12:35 PM, Maranar said:

And now for a monorail version! :wink:

Kidding aside, its very well captured with the rail in between. Would be really cool if possible to build a small complete rail track to drive this on. I assume there is no wheel or so inside? But should be possible to keep the tiles to a minimum so it could still slide a bit.

Too bad it was impossible to attach both parts to each other. Really awesome microscale build!

No wheel inside.  The top level would slide if it was all tiles for the track. the door rail pieces would keep it on the track.

On 9/27/2018 at 3:39 PM, brobert said:

This is really nice, on top of that, with that little display and minifig on the side, this would be a great collectible line for TLG.

Realistic mini-sets with a minifig, how much cooler is that than the microfighters

I know! Planet Sets! :cry_sad:

Edited by obijon

On 9/29/2018 at 1:24 AM, Bartybum said:

My god why can’t LEGO make micro replicas like this. :cry_sad:

the planet sets weren't bad!

TIE/rb HEAVY STARFIGHTER

Hi again everyone

A quick model this time round.  This is the new Tie variant from Solo The TIE/rb heavy starfighter, also known as the heavy TIE fighter. 

There is nothing fancy or earth shattering technique wise in this model.  It is a just tie with a gun turret after all!  The model is held together with bars.  I also decided to use the 3x3 dishes for the ball.

I built this while tinkering around with a couple of other models I am close to finishing and for completeness I suppose.  Can you have too many TIEs?

Jon

tierb1.jpegtierb2.jpegtierb3.jpegtierb4.jpegtierb5.jpegtierbdisplay.jpeg

Edited October 15, 2018 by obijon

AT-HAULER

Hello again everyone

This time I present a MOD rather than a full MOC – a mod of the 30498 AT-Hauler polybag which I tinkered with over the Christmas break.

51vHjyhadzL._SX355_.jpg.391a00c79962b9a7ce552c3c205fa065.jpg

I quite liked the overall design and construction of this but there were a few things that I felt needed changing:

·         Changed it from white to grey.  Think grey is better fitting for a cargo vessel and for most vessels in Star Wars.

·         Added the gantry underneath.  A simple addition with 4 extra parts which I am surprised were not included in the original.

·         Beefed up the lifting arms as they looked too thin.

·         The big one – the cockpit.  This is what made me want to MOD the polybag in the first place.  The use of the slope in the polybag is a bit lazy so I have built this using bricks with studs on the side and wedge plates.

·         And like all my other models a display stand with Rio Durant minifig.

More new and original stuff soon.

Jon

athauler1.jpegathauler2.jpegathauler3.jpegathauler4.jpegathauler5.jpegathaulerdisplay.jpeg

Edited January 8, 2019 by obijon

KESSEL RUN MILLENNIUM FALCOM

Hi again everyone

To celebrate the recent release of Solo (i must admit I have not seen it yet) I decided to build a Millennium Falcon in its honour.  I decided to base it on the MINI model which came with the Lego Star Wars magazine:

FalconMagazine.JPG.58fe7b6be99cb33fd70cf5bd74b0396c.JPG

But in true Lando fashion I decided to pimp his ride back to the state it was in before Han got his grubby mits on her.  The original model is a nice size for a mini with the saucer section six studs wide.  8 studs and you start getting a much larger model.  I have changed it to white with blue, changed the radar dish to be flat, changed the gun and added the cargo pod at the front as well as a few other changes which add a bit more shape to the back section.

kesselfalcon1.jpgkesselfalcon2.jpgkesselfalcon3.jpgkesselfalcon4.jpgkesselfalcon5.jpgkesselfalcondisplay.jpg

FIRST LIGHT YACHT

This time I present a vessel from the latest star wars movie, Dryden Vos' luxury yacht the First Light.  I have not seen the movie yet but have found some good reference pictures, 

My first attempt at building this involved slopes but to get all the detail on the outside it just became too thick.  I eventually decided on using wedge plates but I needed to have studs on both sides of the model so as not make the body of the ship too thick. I also needed a third layer in between (gold) for the elevator shaft which runs up the entire front of the ship.

This was solved by attaching the top of the two sides made of wedges with a clip plate which holds the top section and the bottom half of the model is clamped together using two brackets and a plate connecting the two which is the engine section.  There are also interlocking plates on both sets of wedges to stop the model sliding apart.  Using this method allows the gold parts and other details to be added to both sides and be symmetrical.

The black and pearl gold colour combination also looks pretty striking.

There is also no official Dryden Vos minifigure so I have again built my own only from official parts.  I like the use of the gold claws for the dagger. ;-)

Anyway enough of the waffling here is the model.

Hope you like it and let me know what you think.

Jon

firstlight1.jpgfirstlight2.jpgfirstlight3.jpgfirstlight4.jpgfirstlight5.jpgfirstlightdisplay.jpg

and the Dryden Vos figure.

drydenvos.jpg

M-68 LANDSPEEDER

Hello again everyone

This time I present my last (I can’t think of anything else to build?) model from Solo – Han’s Landspeeder.

Han Solo acquired his overpowered Mobquet M-68 Landspeeder under circumstances he doesn’t care to explain. ? The M-68 is a favorite of Corellian speeder enthusiasts, as its repulsorlift generator is easily modified and overcharged.

This was quite a tricky little build to keep the overall shape and sleekness in this scale.  It is supposed to resemble a sports car after all.

The first problem I came across was the windshield.  1x1 clear cheese slopes looked too small and the 1x2 panel was just too upright and looked terrible.  In the end I managed to use some slopes which have been turned on their ends.  They are attached using bricks with a stud on the side and a tile on the studs of the slopes.  Luckily it fits perfectly in the space for them.

Another part was the “spoiler” at the back.  Luckily those new 1x1 brackets came in dark blue!

Then the engines.  I went through a few different versions before finally using this:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=11458&C=63#T=C&C=63

These pieces are then attached using 2 headlight bricks in the main body of the model and then attaching another 2 to these to be able to attach the above piece.

Anyway, I think this model looks pretty good if I do say so myself, nice and sleek!

Hope you like it.

Jon

hanspeeder1.jpeghanspeeder2.jpeghanspeeder3.jpeghanspeeder4.jpeghanspeeder5.jpeghanspeederdisplay.jpeg

A-A4B TRUCKSPEEDER

Hello again everyone

This time I present another model from Solo  - Moloch’s speeder.  This model  is an A-A4B landspeeder.  The Baja desert-racing trophy trucks along with their powerful suspensions and engines were an early source of inspiration for this truckspeeder.

This isn’t the most exciting vehicle ever in the Star Wars Universe so therefore the model is not the most exciting but it does look like what it is supposed to!  I have managed to include most if not all of the features including the pen for the hounds by using a panel piece and vertical clip plates for the bars.

As ever I have included a display stand this time with the Moloch minifigure which looks pretty cool together.

Let me know what you think.

Jon

molochspeeder1.jpegmolochspeeder2.jpegmolochspeeder3.jpegmolochspeeder4.jpegmolochspeeder5.jpegmolochspeederdisplay.jpeg

IMPERIAL ARRESTOR CRUISER

The Imperial Arrestor Cruiser first appeared in the Star Wars canon in the 2018 film Solo: A Star Wars Story, barely visible in an Imperial recruitment film.  However, in the script for Solo, the Millennium Falcon was at one point to be captured by a tractor beam ship, which was developed into the Arrestor Cruiser. However, this full appearance in the film was eventually cut but can be seen in a deleted scene where Han crashes his Tie Fighter.  A scene I wish they had kept in.

Colin Cantwell originally pitched the design of what would become the Imperial Arrestor Cruiser directly to George Lucas, for use in the 1977 movie Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, although it was ultimately discarded in favor of the Star Destroyer.

I built this model fairly quickly, again in between finishing other models.  It is a fairly simple design with the only complicated part the “nose”.  It needed to be slightly tapered and bricks would just not cut it.  I have attached this using clip tiles and handle plates to attach the side tiles.  I have also then used door rail plates to close the gap at the front.

Anyway, here is the model.

Jon

imperialarrestor1.jpegimperialarrestor2.jpegimperialarrestor3.jpegimperialarrestor4.jpegimperialarrestor5.jpegimperialarrestordisplay.jpeg

Edited by obijon