Ivan_M

CADA battery with 4 motor outputs and remote control

@ozacek I had 1 unit that was completely dead and the other one had issues with one output, I guess it was servo control problem, similar but not as severe as the one in the video above. What you could test:

- Speed compared to a PF rechargeable battery box (if you have one)
- Speed compared to AA battery box
- Can it really run 4 L motors and a Servo under load?
- Quality of the app, configuration possibilities
- Range of control with remote / app
- Does it have proportional control with the app (I guess it does not have with the remote as it only has buttons)?

3 hours ago, roeleman said:

I can't install the android app.  All android smartphones I tried it says "not suitable for this device".  According me nobody can because downloads and reviews on the play store are 0.

Can't comment on that since I don't have a smartphone.

3 hours ago, roeleman said:

Second problem: with the remote frontwards is backwards and backwards is frontwards, so the buttons are switched.  There isn't a button on the remote to change the direction.  

According to the instuctions, if you hold a button pair for 3 seconds, it swaps the direction.

3 hours ago, kbalage said:

@ozacek I had 1 unit that was completely dead and the other one had issues with one output, I guess it was servo control problem, similar but not as severe as the one in the video above. What you could test:

- Speed compared to a PF rechargeable battery box (if you have one)
- Speed compared to AA battery box
- Can it really run 4 L motors and a Servo under load?
- Quality of the app, configuration possibilities
- Range of control with remote / app
- Does it have proportional control with the app (I guess it does not have with the remote as it only has buttons)?

I have no setup for make measurement, but here's what I observed:
- Speed compared to a PF regular battery box (I don't have a rechargable one): seems to be the about same
- Speed compared to AA battery box: also seems to be about the same (but I would except both Lego boxes to run motors at the same speed, no? - the speed depends on the voltage and they're both 9V)
- Can it really run 4 L motors and a Servo under load: I guess I'll only be to answer that once I have a big vehicle with 4 motors to test with. I was planning to build Madoca's 8x8 Shaman anyway. 
- Quality of the app, configuration possibilities: can't answer that as I don't have a smart phone.
- Range of control with remote: it works at least accross the entire length of my appartment which is about 12 meters. I could try outside when I get the chance.
- Does it have proportional control with the app: again, can't say for the app. Remote buttons are indeed on/off only. But considering all the advantages, if that's the only drawback, I'll take it!

Edited by ozacek

@ozacek I was asking for the rechargeable vs AA battery box because the rechargeable is 7.4V, the AA with fresh alkalines is 9V so I wanted to know which one has a similar speed. Looking forward to see further tests, it'd be great if you could get someone with a smartphone to test the control interface.

23 minutes ago, kbalage said:

@ozacek I was asking for the rechargeable vs AA battery box because the rechargeable is 7.4V, the AA with fresh alkalines is 9V so I wanted to know which one has a similar speed. Looking forward to see further tests, it'd be great if you could get someone with a smartphone to test the control interface.

I see. 7.4V vs 9V is a 20% difference. When I tested, it certainly didn't seem like the Mould King box was 20% slower, so it might be 9V.

For now I'm very happy with it. The reason I bought it is because I hate using disposable batteries, and I'm not paying CA$80 instead of $20 for a battery box just because it's rechargable, like Lego charges. I find that outrageous. Also I find it crazy that with Lego, in order to simply drive two big motors on the same port, you need a rare & expensive V2 receiver. That's also unacceptable.

Edited by ozacek

@ozacek

Thanks for the tip to switch directions, there wasn't a manual with the set that I bought.  So this is nice to know

@kbalage

I measured the output voltage of the mould king box and it was 8.2V.  My battery wasn't freshly charged so it's possibel it's 9V.  I can open my box and check the batteries.  But according me it's a 2S-lipo (you can see them through the holes) and maybe bumped up to 9V.

I didn't manage to download the app, as google play says my device is not compatible.  So if anyone can download it and share it with me, it's this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qunyu.yuxing&hl=nl 

Edited by roeleman

5 minutes ago, roeleman said:

I didn't manage to download the app, as google play says my device is not compatible.  So if anyone can download it for and share it with me, it's this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qunyu.yuxing&hl=nl 

It also tells me I have no compatible devices to install in, and I have a few ranging from Android 4.4.2 to 9.0. I wish Play Store would say exactly why a given device is deemed incompatible with a given app.

4 hours ago, roeleman said:

[...] there wasn't a manual with the set that I bought.

Here it is

MouldKingManual.png

On 10/10/2019 at 3:42 PM, roeleman said:

@ozacek

Thanks for the tip to switch directions, there wasn't a manual with the set that I bought.  So this is nice to know

@kbalage

I measured the output voltage of the mould king box and it was 8.2V.  My battery wasn't freshly charged so it's possibel it's 9V.  I can open my box and check the batteries.  But according me it's a 2S-lipo (you can see them through the holes) and maybe bumped up to 9V.

I didn't manage to download the app, as google play says my device is not compatible.  So if anyone can download it and share it with me, it's this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qunyu.yuxing&hl=nl 

I was curious so I tried to download it with my smartphone (android 5.0+ compatible) to no avail.

So I search for the apps on aptoide and also tried direct download with 3 differents services (or chrome extensions like apkdownloader). The result is always the same : there's no compatible apps and it seems that there's even nothing to download so I wouldn't buy those if the smartphone control is what you're looking for, unless the vendor provides a direct (but maybe suspicious) link to download (outside google play store).