Ivan_M

CADA battery with 4 motor outputs and remote control

I have recently got one, it works, I have not thoroughly tested it yet.

As far as I can tell, the ports don't seem to have a high fuse (unlike Lego), also I am still puzzled by the six pin PF connector, I have no clue why it exists and what it does.

42 minutes ago, BrickTronic said:

Hello,

In this (german) Video at Timestamp 17:55 there is told, that there are 2 additional Power-Function Connector Pins used.

Jo

I use this one in my drift car and it works really good!! 👍😊

Edited by FriedlS

1 hour ago, BrickTronic said:

Hello,

In this (german) Video at Timestamp 17:55 there is told, that there are 2 additional Power-Function Connector Pins used.

Jo

Yes, I've noticed that! I'm super intrigued by this, because MouldKing already has a programming interface in it's app (which works with this battery), so all it needs is sensors and smart servos to use these extra wires, and it will have the better PF-based PU I described a couple summers ago on here, where there is full backwards compatibility and stackable plugs, as well as programmability. The low price, six ports, proportional (on four of six channels) physical remote, rechargeable battery, and studless design are icing on the cake, in my opinion.

Edited by 2GodBDGlory

I used it, and its good, long life battery,  using 2x Buggy(china) motor, 2x L Hyper Motor ,a Servo motor together  , 

The only downside is they use 1 channel only, you can't play 2 hubs in 1 time,  i have 5 sets of those($35/pc), my alternative to high prices Buwizz 😉😄

43 minutes ago, Dylan M said:

The only downside is they use 1 channel only, you can't play 2 hubs in 1 time

Don't they connect via radio (proprietary 2.4 GHz, or, since it can connect to an app, more likely Bluetooth), and therefore it's only a matter of pairing one receiver to a controller at a time?

34 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Don't they connect via radio (proprietary 2.4 GHz, or, since it can connect to an app, more likely Bluetooth), and therefore it's only a matter of pairing one receiver to a controller at a time?

... i tried 1 controler in all hubs, when i tested it after i received my order, then next i tested all controllers 1 by 1 in all 5 hubs that i order,  thats what i found out, don't know about controller APP, 🙂

I also have got two sets of these Mould King hubs and controllers. And it isn‘t possible to control both hubs with the same controller at the same time. This should be possible with the app, but i have never tried it.

As far as I know this system doesn't have a proportional steering. It is OK for trial, but will not work for fast cars... That is why I can not use it by now. Hope CADA will add the proportional control later!

3 hours ago, Daniel-99 said:

As far as I know this system doesn't have a proportional steering. It is OK for trial, but will not work for fast cars... That is why I can not use it by now. Hope CADA will add the proportional control later!

The MouldKing hast got proprtional controlling! For the steering it depends on the servo. Only the original Lego PF Servo alows proportional steering

If you have a look at the video BrickTronic posted it is explained (German) that 4 ports have proportional control. It is possible to slowly speed up the L-motors and control the position of the servo. All motors are none Lego. But he claims that only the new? generation of those servos work proportional. For two ports there's only on/off possible.

I think this fits in here: I recently bought a CaDA POWER SYSTEM PRO Servo (JV5029). According to this document (posted here already earlier) this is expected:

1. to be compatible with BuWizz (and others like SBrick, but I only have BuWizz 2.0 and 3.0 units) as motor
  2. to be not compatible with LEGO IR receiver

I interpret (1) as working with 7 steps in each directtion plus 0° position and (2) as working with 1 step in each direction (i.e. +/-90°) plus 0° position. @brunojj1: Does this reflect your experience with the CaDA Servo motor (JV5029)?

My interpretation could of course be wrong and the reality also looks different for me:

I first tested this servo motor with a BuWizz 2.0 unit using a horizontal control (with spring) in the BuWizz app (version 2.1.4) and it only moves one 90° step in each direction when going over a certain position of the control. Well this was not what I expected.

So I went on and tested it with V1 and V2 IR receivers and the IR train control and guess what, it works there with 7 steps in each direction - i.e. like the PF Servo motor - most of the time. With "most of the time" I mean, that it sometimes (i.e. seldomly) overshoots (on the first three steps or so) and resets itself to the 0° position but you can go on from there. On my V2 IR receiver it doesn't work correctly on both ports (i.e. only in one "direction", but all 7 steps there and also back to 0° in 7 steps), but when I connect a PF Servo motor between a port and the CaDA Servo motor it also works correctly on my V2 IR receiver, so maybe this is a contact issue of the connectors. UPDATE: It also works when I put the dark bluish gray connector of a PF extension cable between a port and the CaDA Servo motor.

So for the IR receivers the CaDA Servo motor behaves like a PF Servo motor, but for BuWizz 2.0 it does not, which I find strange.

@Zerobricks Do you maybe have an idea what could be the differentiating thing between the PF Servo motor and the CaDA Servo motor (JV5029)? Because the behaviour is certainly useful for IR controlled PF driven models like 9398, but not so much when using BuWizz for control of RC race cars like these.

Another observation: This CaDA Servo motor only resets itself to the 0° position on "startup" when it was at a different then 0° position when power was removed.

On 11/20/2021 at 1:22 PM, johnnym said:

@Zerobricks Do you maybe have an idea what could be the differentiating thing between the PF Servo motor and the CaDA Servo motor (JV5029)? Because the behaviour is certainly useful for IR controlled PF driven models like 9398, but not so much when using BuWizz for control of RC race cars like these.

No idea, I haven't been testing any thrid party motors.

On 11/21/2021 at 6:03 PM, Zerobricks said:

No idea, I haven't been testing any thrid party motors.

@Zerobricks

Bummer. I hoped to use these CaDA Servo motors as "cheap(er)" alternative to used or NOS PF Servo motors. According to the linked document, at least the older round version of it looks very much like a PF Servo motor internally, if I'm not mistaken. Well, doesn't say much about the workings, but as - at least the newer version (JV5029) - works like a PF Servo motor on IR receivers (w/ or w/o a little help of a real PF plug), it might not be too hard to get it going with BuWizz.

7 hours ago, johnnym said:

@Zerobricks

Bummer. I hoped to use these CaDA Servo motors as "cheap(er)" alternative to used or NOS PF Servo motors. According to the linked document, at least the older round version of it looks very much like a PF Servo motor internally, if I'm not mistaken. Well, doesn't say much about the workings, but as - at least the newer version (JV5029) - works like a PF Servo motor on IR receivers (w/ or w/o a little help of a real PF plug), it might not be too hard to get it going with BuWizz.

The Mouldking servos support proportional control when paired with a Buwizz. They only have 3 steps between 0 and 90 though, but the torque is very good while Cada's is disappointing. I can't get Cada servos to work with Buwizz either, and their own control unit doesn't support proportional control.

6 hours ago, madn3ss795 said:

The Mouldking servos support proportional control when paired with a Buwizz. They only have 3 steps between 0 and 90 though, but the torque is very good while Cada's is disappointing.

So three 30° steps (incl. 90° => 30°,60°,90°)? Well, definitely better than 90° steps. And they keep their angle when you hold the controls at specific positions? Unfortunately I haven't yet found a source in Germany and they are not exactly a replacement for the PF Servo motor. Do you have a part number maybe?

6 hours ago, madn3ss795 said:

I can't get Cada servos to work with Buwizz either, and their own control unit doesn't support proportional control.

It's not that they don't work with BuWizz for me, they just go to their 90° extremes there when you exceed a specific position of the controls, so you can do -90°, 0° and 90° but not the 7 steps in each direction like on PF IR receivers.

4 hours ago, johnnym said:

So three 30° steps (incl. 90° => 30°,60°,90°)? Well, definitely better than 90° steps. And they keep their angle when you hold the controls at specific positions? Unfortunately I haven't yet found a source in Germany and they are not exactly a replacement for the PF Servo motor. Do you have a part number maybe? 

You get 0 25 45 70 90, and they hold the angle. Part number is M-0005. If you can't source them locally maybe try aliexpress?

4 hours ago, johnnym said:

It's not that they don't work with BuWizz for me, they just go to their 90° extremes there when you exceed a specific position of the controls, so you can do -90°, 0° and 90° but not the 7 steps in each direction like on PF IR receivers.

Yes, that's what I meant, Cada + Buwizz can only do -90 0 90, even though TechCheck document said they support full positions (that's why I bought Cada servos in the first place).

On a related note, the MK LEDs are also much brighter than Cada's. I bought the Cada S059 kit but now only use their L motor.

2 hours ago, madn3ss795 said:

and they hold the angle

Do you mean that, for example, if you used one of those in the 42030 instead of the LEGO version and manually turned it away from the desired angle, it'd automatically return to it (like regular servos do)? If so, that's a big advantage over the LEGO version.

9 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Do you mean that, for example, if you used one of those in the 42030 instead of the LEGO version and manually turned it away from the desired angle, it'd automatically return to it (like regular servos do)? If so, that's a big advantage over the LEGO version.

Yes, assuming you can manually turn it away without breaking it. When holding an angle between 0 and 90 this servo is very noisy, there's an internal mechanism actively keeping it in position. This is unlike LEGO version which only make noises when it moves.

FYI, 

1. CaDA motors work with LEGO PF 2.0

2. CaDA servo motor is proportional and it works well with LEGO IR controllers (same as LEGO's servo)

Test video here youtube.

Edited by nintiendo
Update link

2 hours ago, nintiendo said:

FYI, 

1. CaDA motors work with LEGO PF 2.0

2. CaDA servo motor is proportional and it works well with LEGO IR controllers (same as LEGO's servo)

Test video here youtube.

That´s true. Just keep in mind there are several generations of the CaDA servo. The one shown in the video is the second official version, as far as I can tell, same as the old regarding technical characteristics, with newer casing and the regular PF plugs. It was introduced with the Italian Supercar, together with the Pro L motors. The currently running sets feature new exclusive plugs, due to copyright aspects, which are compatible only with the CaDA inventory. Caution: the servos don`t respond gradually on SBrick / BuWizz, unlike the Lego servos. Good news, which are not new to almost anybody: an upgraded RC system is in the making which will definitely have proportional control for any motor. At least! 24 will be great, God willing!

2 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

Caution: the servos don`t respond gradually on SBrick / BuWizz, unlike the Lego servos.

I wonder why that is, they are getting the same signal, from an SBrick / BuWizz no? What's the difference? Do these Cada servos need a different signal than the Lego ones?

Good news, which are not new to almost anybody: an upgraded RC system is in the making which will definitely have proportional control for any motor.

Sounds good! Wonder if it is just an upgrade to the controller, or other components, such as motors will also be upgraded..

At least!

You mean, at last, right? :) Or did you mean at least, really? That would imply something different..

On 7/4/2023 at 11:03 AM, brunojj1 said:

an upgraded RC system is in the making which will definitely have proportional control for any motor. At least! 24 will be great, God willing!

When will these be finished? Is there anywhere I can find more info

Edited by Skiwie

Is the buggy motor worth getting and does it work with 750mah battery on videos I saw it doesnt stop directly

14 hours ago, Skiwie said:

Is the buggy motor worth getting and does it work with 750mah battery on videos I saw it doesnt stop directly

The White Box can handle two buggy motors.

Posted (edited)

I’ve ordered MK M-0005 Servo motor and MK 6 ports hub. Will check it asap when it arrives. This combination should have proportional control.

BTW do original Lego Servo Motors work with 3rd party hubs? Proportional etc.

Still looking for a 4 ports PF hub with proportional control on 2 channels + 2 buttons.

Like Lego 8885 IR with 2 sticks, but with additional buttons - like this one from CaDA:

IMG_5594.jpeg.4184972360fdfb6e16af765827b36ed9.jpeg

Edited by legoisfun