Ivan_M

CADA battery with 4 motor outputs and remote control

The power cable looks like a USB cord, but the wires are actually not connected the same way. Yes it's dumb, but it's how it is and you know that if you RTFM. So what you did, was short circuit a lipo which ofc exploded it.

9 minutes ago, amorti said:

what you did, was short circuit a lipo

Maybe you first read what I wrote before commenting.

I did not short anything
The damned thing blew during a perfect normal loading process.

btw
If it looks like a bird and flies like a bird then is it probably a bird
So this is (was) a usb loading wire.

If not we encountered another piece of JUNK since it does not comply to the USB rules.

But whatever
The whole thing is actually forbidden to import here since it doesn't comply to even the slightest CE rule.

And for those that are laughing, check if your fire extingishers are okay and doublecheck your fire insurance

This was the original entry post to start this topic:

On 9/25/2018 at 8:57 AM, Ivan_M said:

I know there is a lot of buzz about Chineese clones nowadays, but this is not a clonning brand and the product is very different from BuWizz, only sharing its form factor with it. I have discussed it with @Jim and he gave me permission to make this topic. Please refrain from meaningless post that you hate anything from China and that you wouldn't buy this. Thank you

So if there is anyone here who already purchased it and is willing to open it to give us some details, I would appreciate it.

The topic was allowed to stay in the Technic Forum, to enrich the discussion about insteresting technical aspects of the third party devices, including the CaDA models they are being featured with. Concluding from the last pages in this topic everything is welcome from off-topic distraction, doing the opposite of what the OP was asking for, curse & swear and open insults by users who obviously are underaged pubescents (which violates the guidelines as well). 

Yesterday another "CaDA topic" started by @amorti, has been banned into the darkest corner of EB where nobody will find it, due to compaints from some members who "have been offended by the fact this is not LEGO" (that´s how democracy works nowadays). I´m about to leave in disgust...

47 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

The topic was allowed to stay in the Technic Forum, to enrich the discussion about insteresting technical aspects of the third party devices, including the CaDA models they are being featured with. Concluding from the last pages in this topic everything is welcome from off-topic distraction, doing the opposite of what the OP was asking for, curse & swear and open insults by users who obviously are underaged pubescents (which violates the guidelines as well). 

Yesterday another "CaDA topic" started by @amorti, has been banned into the darkest corner of EB where nobody will find it, due to compaints from some members who "have been offended by the fact this is not LEGO" (that´s how democracy works nowadays). I´m about to leave in disgust...

Shame, but foreseeable.

I've said my piece on the other thread. No one will read it there though, and many will put their heads in the sand if they do.

On 9/22/2020 at 9:20 PM, brunojj1 said:

I was actually looking for it how the discussion went there. Since your model looks AWESOME....

On 9/22/2020 at 12:00 PM, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Yes JUNK
And when I say JUNK i really REALLY mean JUNK

Let me give you an example.
I have a CADA set, yes, I not the kind of man that talks about JUNK when he's not really sure that it is really JUNK
Okay... a cada set....
Load it, quite nice idea to use an USB cable to load it, perfect actually cause you don't need the expensive LEGO (or cheap Ali) loader.
So I connect the batterybox to my computer.... ALARM....USB PORT OVERLOADED AND SHUT DOWN...
Ow happily I have a high end motherboard that monitors everything and shuts it down when it goes wrong.

But wtf?
Overload?
At some day I also bought an inline powercontrol monitor thingy so this was the moment to use it in combination with an 6 Amp USB loader (not Ali, so safe and overload protected)
OEPS... ohoh... the current draw was out of range for the monitor.

But wait
Whats that smell?
I could just grab the batterybox and throw it in my garden trouhg the window, halfway it burst into large flames....
Yes a Lithium fire...
The internal loading circuit was blown, it didn't work at all.

So maybe you now have the picture, this Chinese stuff does NOT comply any safety rules, its JUNK
But the very very worst part of it is that this JUNK also can set your house on fire
And it does not end here.
This JUNK can also poison you since Lithium fire gives an extremely dangerous vapor.

Maybe you best throw all this JUNK in the safety container at your local waist centre.
I did
And I wll never ever but such devices from Chinese sellers that do not comply to safety rules.
Thanks for reading
Yours sincerely me, electronics engineer.

I thought I was the only one that exact same thing happened to me and my carpet caught fire and nearly burnt down my whole house. Learned a lesson, Never buy any fake Lego power functions from China.

@9v system those are a very specific servo from a particular Chinabrick manufacturer which only comes in a handful of their latest sets. As far as I know that's only the one in the link below, so far. It also (probably) only works stepless with their own battery box and app or remote as it doesn't work in the same way as Lego servos. What you're getting will be bang-bang, probably only capable of shooting at high speed to 100% in either direction before returning to 'sort of' centre. Pants for steering, but not at all bad for stepper assemblies.

Edited by amorti

@amorti i think the proportional steering servo is the new one from mold king, i dont have a need for the servos but i brought some of the L motors for testing with GBC

Edited by 9v system

That is a standard 2 cell lipo battery pack. lipo batteries usually come with 3.6V (3.7V is the same) and you can stag them as any battery. so there are 2 battery cells in there 3.7+3.7 = 7.4. And no, 500 mAh is nothing.
If you want to change batteries for your LEGO or cada or whatsoever you can use something called "step down converter" or "buck converter", pretty chaep on ebay, tell it to output 9V and they will do.
if you want to do some serious hacking, you don't need all the rubish half hearted boxes from lego/cada/mouldking nor the expensive s-brick or buwizz, you can take some power functions motors, connect them to a 6€ esp32 microcontrtoller using a few other chips and controll your cars with bluetooth (app or game controller) or even build your autonomous LEGO killer robot to frighten the hell out of your neighbour's german shepard ;-P
Did something like that with the big batman tumbler, check it out:

Edited by recklessGlitch

i brought a copy of the fake 8878 rechargeable battery box, and it works good, heres a video of it working

We know how useful mini motors could be in a vehicle of any sort. I have never used any because they have been so rare ever since (and likely to break down?). What functions in a car instantly come to your mind? Screenwipers, popping headlights, collapsing side mirrors, ...?

So I was happy to know, unexpected but the more appreciated, there is good news from CaDA. I can´t wait to get my hands on the 4 pieces they have promised to send me :moar: ! Bad news: they will not be available in your supermarket around the corner today or tomorrow, but hopefully anytime soon ...

I seen someone do a review on those a few weeks back. I think it's only available in a set for now. It also would be nice if it had pinhole or pin for mounting.

I have this motor too and i like it. Perfect for steering in small models and small linear actuators. Only not suitable as drive motor, it is not possible to rotate it by hand.

10 minutes ago, efferman said:

I have this motor too and i like it. Perfect for steering in small models and small linear actuators. Only not suitable as drive motor, it is not possible to rotate it by hand.

What if you use an Sbrick and a 9v battery?

50 minutes ago, weavil said:

What if you use an Sbrick and a 9v battery?

not tried yet, but the reduction in the motor is so large so you cant rotate the motor from the axle side. If there is no power on the motor nothing is moving.

1 hour ago, weavil said:

I seen someone do a review on those a few weeks back. I think it's only available in a set for now. It also would be nice if it had pinhole or pin for mounting.

You can use the pinholes of the surrounding pieces for mounting this - the motor is 5x plates high. 

@efferman: Thank you, that makes me the more confident! 

At approx. 140rp/m you can expect decent action as shown in the video, compared to 35rp/m in the Lego micromotor (source: Philo)

27 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

You can use the pinholes of the surrounding pieces for mounting this - the motor is 5x plates high. 

Indeed!

51370005155_7fcb408998_w.jpg

5 hours ago, efferman said:

Why is it not suitable as drive motor and how is this related to rotating it by hand?

12 minutes ago, m2fel said:

Why is it not suitable as drive motor and how is this related to rotating it by hand?

The vehicle would stop like a crash into a wall. not good for the drivetrain.

1 hour ago, efferman said:

The vehicle would stop like a crash into a wall. not good for the drivetrain.

Well, that's not the case with the tank model I designed. CaDA micromotors are stronger and faster than LEGO micromotors but I don't think they can propel a vehicle to a speed that would endanger the drivetrain. Or that the vehicle could be heavy enough to damage anything in the mechanism.

They are already available on AliExpress, i just bought 4 pieces of CaDa micromotors ... (and 3 pieces of new CaDa LED lighting cables)

link to AzoomStore https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002790547198.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.7a794c4d6Ey06o

So I am just waiting for delivery. I wanna use them in my WIP Wrecking truck for moving fake truck engine and wanna test them to power linear actuators of outriggers

Prices are good - C61019 Mini motor € 7,53 (free shipping and VAT inclusive) + C61019 Light € 7,01 (free shipping and VAT inclusive)

I recently bought a BlueBrixx servo motor (PF compatible). It does it's job but you can only use 90° 0 -90°. In between isn't really possible. It's just beeping and acting weird.

Now ofc it's a china product, but TLG doesn't make them more.

ANd think of it that way. TLGs electronics come from china as well. Probably from the same factory...