Ivan_M

CADA battery with 4 motor outputs and remote control

3 hours ago, roeleman said:

In this case Mould King has also these "Black Furious Hyper speed motor"

.522790670_HyperspeedL-motor.jpg.8eb8fa408c38d2e1299df4bf1b43b514.jpg

and a Black 10.4V control brick controlled only by app

1868255516_MouldKing10_4V.jpg.74197a798aa46753cd9d1ed807cde60f.jpg

The motor is the one I referenced which I've been told can do 1,200 rpm.

I assumed that was with a different planetary gear inside the motor and the advantage that MK uses stronger motors than Lego, but if they're also boosting it to 10.4v to get that speed it starts seeming much more plausible.

3 hours ago, swgt said:

I have discovered that plugging in a lego buggy motor into the cada battery box is a very bad idea.  The box is dead.

Ha, I guess I got lucky then... Recently I took @nico71's Leaning Tricycle -- with Lego buggy motor and CaDa battery -- to the office and the guys were racing it around, doing donuts and whatnot. I'll be more careful from now on...

1 hour ago, amorti said:

I assumed that was with a different planetary gear inside the motor and the advantage that MK uses stronger motors than Lego, but if they're also boosting it to 10.4v to get that speed it starts seeming much more plausible.

I thought the black/orange one was different then the grey/orange one.  I ordered the black ones, I will check if I can find the grey ones to compare them.

I don't think I they use the 10.4V battery box for these motors.  I only wanted to share they have a 10.4V battery box. 

This is the QR-code for the app (should support analogue control):

QR-MK.png.5aa9b47c85ae02fea78713260e7862bb.png

If they now only should release a API, so other people can make apps for it or the possibility to control it with arduino or python.

30 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Ha, I guess I got lucky then... Recently I took @nico71's Leaning Tricycle -- with Lego buggy motor and CaDa battery -- to the office and the guys were racing it around, doing donuts and whatnot. I'll be more careful from now on...

Well, I may have really killed the box when I tried to run two buggy motors off of it: one was the original Lego buggy and one a Chinese copy (the copy's speed is  not quite the same, so the two motors were rigged to run together through a differential).  I am trying to suppress that memory --- I feel so stupid.

9 hours ago, ace_klimax said:

This gives me hope, based on this comment i decided to open battery.

After unscrewing all 4 screws i had to depart light and dark grey part, that were tightly glued together.

Insides looks without burn or anything bad, so i'll try to solder one of battery wires from mainboard.

If i'll solve the issue i woud think, for the future, to implement there some small switch accessible from outside of the box, ideally in the top center space

let's see

drsrvs thanks for sharing your workaround

So after whole operation buwizz battery is back in business and working flawlessly

drsrvs: many thanks for sharing workaround 

I overheated it when driving my Trophy Truck MOC in configuration of 2x Buggy motors (cheaper china monster motors) + servo motor

12 hours ago, amorti said:

Just found out the black one is 1400rpm.

14 hours ago, ace_klimax said:

So after whole operation buwizz battery is back in business and working flawlessly

drsrvs: many thanks for sharing workaround 

I overheated it when driving my Trophy Truck MOC in configuration of 2x Buggy motors (cheaper china monster motors) + servo motor

Ok, I was able to fix mine also. My Cada battery is back to business. I only desoldered the red wire, pushed the on/off button and then resoldered the red wire and it was fixed.

Thanks for the tip.

23 hours ago, roeleman said:

and a Black 10.4V control brick controlled only by app

1868255516_MouldKing10_4V.jpg.74197a798aa46753cd9d1ed807cde60f.jpg

Where did you find that Mould King brick?

I've got some experience with CADA, I own 3 bricks and all my colleagues also have some. I replaced CADA brick batteries with slightly better "nonames". I also tested it with my chinese Buggy Motors and it seems that it works fine with one, but I think it would blow up with two working at the same time. Stock CADA batteries gave us 2 - 3 minutes of constant drifting in the woods with small buggy motor equiped car. It's not much, but I will test new batteries and I hope for 5 minutes at least.

Can someone post here photo of CADA brick electronics? I'm interested in how small PCB soldered to the original batteries is connected to the main PCB. I think that it's connected incorrectly in the bricks we have, and I'm wondering if it's a global problem or some batch\batches. After re-connecting it seems to be charging a lot quicker.

1 hour ago, fosamax said:

Ok, I was able to fix mine also. My Cada battery is back to business. I only desoldered the red wire, pushed the on/off button and then resoldered the red wire and it was fixed.

Thanks for the tip.

When my Cada brick hangs I simply connect it to some power source and it starts working again.

Edited by daavid117

7 minutes ago, daavid117 said:

When my Cada brick hangs I simply connect it to some power source and it starts working again.

Yes, it's even stated in the manual but it did'nt worked for me this time. seems like the hard reset was somehow needed here.

Hi,

I was searching for these motors and 10.4v brick on the internet but couldn't find anything. Can someone please either put a link here (if it's allowed) or message me? 

Thanks 

On 6/4/2020 at 4:34 PM, ask_j said:

Hi,

I was searching for these motors and 10.4v brick on the internet but couldn't find anything. Can someone please either put a link here (if it's allowed) or message me? 

Thanks 

AliExpress

Hello,

Question about transfer protocol:

I thought that CaDa as well as MouldKing boxes are using BLE ?! For that reason i tried to follow communication on wireshark between app and box, without access. I can't notice the battery boxes neither with wireshark nor bei using NRF Connect. Does someone has a hint how to follow communication to learn more bout protocoll Mouldking or CaDa uses ?

Thanks Marc

On 6/2/2020 at 10:42 PM, roeleman said:

This motor has only one plenetry stage even lego original and other copy has 2 stage. Thats why this motor has fast speed.

I tested those motor. it has very fast speed right. But VERY low torque.

On 5/26/2020 at 8:09 PM, amorti said:

Gotcha. Yeh, a standalone controller would be ideal.

In case that the Buwiz guys will have published their bluetooth protocol, it will be an easy task to build one.

As me and several other did for LEGO and Sbrick.I asked several times about that with unfortunately still no reaction from Buwiz

Can you connect two of these battery boxes with two remote controls for one moc with eight functions? That would be a great and affordable alternative to sbrick or buwizz.

6 hours ago, ruppie said:

In case that the Buwiz guys will have published their bluetooth protocol, it will be an easy task to build one.

As me and several other did for LEGO and Sbrick.I asked several times about that with unfortunately still no reaction from Buwiz

Dissapointed about this myself, as they said something around April-ish about publishing the API soon.

My thoughts on if/when they do, is one could even do some sort of robot by controlling it with an EV3 brick.

On 8/16/2020 at 11:54 AM, myvideo000 said:

Can you connect two of these battery boxes with two remote controls for one moc with eight functions? That would be a great and affordable alternative to sbrick or buwizz.

Yes,you can. Unfortunately they haven't published anything about their protocol yet.I ? to build a remote that connects to two boxes simultaneously as I did for my remote handset for the liebherr 

On 8/16/2020 at 6:27 PM, MisteryMan said:

Dissapointed about this myself, as they said something around April-ish about publishing the API soon.

My thoughts on if/when they do, is one could even do some sort of robot by controlling it with an EV3 brick.

Never mind, I will build my own BLE System based on nrf52480 it will also used my own handset and is compatible to control+ and powered up

Hi All, i purchased 3 of these black Mould King power bricks to use with trains but im struggling to figure out how to control nicely.  I can assign a joystick button to the output that has the train motor plugged into it which is good it gives me forward and reverse on the joystick for the train movements.  However with joystick you need to obviously hold your finger on the joystick for the whole time you want the train to be moving and it is also very fast and unless you have a lot of carriages its easy for the train to derail at that speed.  Is there any way to control the speed using the slider control, even at the first step along the slider the train is fast.

thanks.

Hi, 

Just to avoid problems: the CADA set do NOT tether with the app, only the Mould King one. Furthermore, the CADA controller is on/off, means that there's no regulation of power. As far as I read the thread, no power control is possible with any of the kids, regardless of using the app or the controller.

Edited by HectorMB

32 minutes ago, HectorMB said:

Hi, 

Just to avoid problems: the CADA set do NOT tether with the app, only the Mould King one. Furthermore, the CADA controller is on/off, means that there's no regulation of power (which, apparently, can be done through the app of the MK kit). 

I don't have the later MouldKing box, but the earlier type definitely does not have analogue control for drive or steering through the app. The sliders on screen show proportional inputs, but the box outputs on/off.

This stuff works like all the other Chinese crap... NOT GOOD
Power is 0 or 100%
Servo's bang hard left or right (and don't center afterward)
Not one Chinese product has a proportional control.

Only simple devices like the power funtions motors (V1) work correct but they draw a lot more current.

3 hours ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

1)

This stuff works like all the other Chinese crap... NOT GOOD
Power is 0 or 100%

2)

Servo's bang hard left or right

Not one Chinese product has a proportional control.

3)

(and don't center afterward)

4)
Only simple devices like the power funtions motors (V1) work correct but they draw a lot more current.

1)

In what way is this different from original Lego PF solutions? Except having a lipo inside and Bluetooth control.

2)

The servos I've had have all been hard left or hard right except one which would allow a part steering if you tapped the steering buttons.

https://youtu.be/FrKE3Hpxnfk

If you use a Lego servo on these boxes though, they behave same as on pf controls, as video shows.

3)

True that Chinese servos often just miss the center. But they're cheap and you get what you paid for.

I've also had two Lego servos fail to RTC by the tracks in the control circuit rubbing through as this video shows

https://bricksafe.com/files/A_morti/fixing-servos/20200905_103333_001_001.mp4

the difference is they cost 30€ a piece whereas Chinese servos are maybe 10€.

4)

The new generation of Chinese motors from MouldKing does draw more current. They also give more torque and more speed. And the battery boxes have enough juice to power them. Fair trade imho.

Edited by amorti

35 minutes ago, amorti said:

Fair trade

Maybe you didn't notice but this is an LEGO forum and that mouldy king it not really welcome here.

2 hours ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Maybe you didn't notice but this is an LEGO forum and that mouldy king it not really welcome here.

Fair enough, and that's why I post any reviews or comments about their sets elsewhere.

However some people might be open to cheaper and stronger pf motors, but close when they read your post that it's all junk so I'll still correct you if you give misinformation. That is, unless you can substantiate that all Chinese motors are junk (they're not) and draw more current (if they do they give more power for it).

Ps: "mouldy king"? Really? How childish.

Edited by amorti

On 9/21/2020 at 5:25 PM, amorti said:

junk

Yes JUNK
And when I say JUNK i really REALLY mean JUNK

Let me give you an example.
I have a CADA set, yes, I not the kind of man that talks about JUNK when he's not really sure that it is really JUNK
Okay... a cada set....
Load it, quite nice idea to use an USB cable to load it, perfect actually cause you don't need the expensive LEGO (or cheap Ali) loader.
So I connect the batterybox to my computer.... ALARM....USB PORT OVERLOADED AND SHUT DOWN...
Ow happily I have a high end motherboard that monitors everything and shuts it down when it goes wrong.

But wtf?
Overload?
At some day I also bought an inline powercontrol monitor thingy so this was the moment to use it in combination with an 6 Amp USB loader (not Ali, so safe and overload protected)
OEPS... ohoh... the current draw was out of range for the monitor.

But wait
Whats that smell?
I could just grab the batterybox and throw it in my garden trouhg the window, halfway it burst into large flames....
Yes a Lithium fire...
The internal loading circuit was blown, it didn't work at all.

So maybe you now have the picture, this Chinese stuff does NOT comply any safety rules, its JUNK
But the very very worst part of it is that this JUNK also can set your house on fire
And it does not end here.
This JUNK can also poison you since Lithium fire gives an extremely dangerous vapor.

Maybe you best throw all this JUNK in the safety container at your local waist centre.
I did
And I wll never ever but such devices from Chinese sellers that do not comply to safety rules.
Thanks for reading
Yours sincerely me, electronics engineer.