Ivan_M

CADA battery with 4 motor outputs and remote control

@ozacek I had 1 unit that was completely dead and the other one had issues with one output, I guess it was servo control problem, similar but not as severe as the one in the video above. What you could test:

- Speed compared to a PF rechargeable battery box (if you have one)
- Speed compared to AA battery box
- Can it really run 4 L motors and a Servo under load?
- Quality of the app, configuration possibilities
- Range of control with remote / app
- Does it have proportional control with the app (I guess it does not have with the remote as it only has buttons)?

3 hours ago, roeleman said:

I can't install the android app.  All android smartphones I tried it says "not suitable for this device".  According me nobody can because downloads and reviews on the play store are 0.

Can't comment on that since I don't have a smartphone.

3 hours ago, roeleman said:

Second problem: with the remote frontwards is backwards and backwards is frontwards, so the buttons are switched.  There isn't a button on the remote to change the direction.  

According to the instuctions, if you hold a button pair for 3 seconds, it swaps the direction.

3 hours ago, kbalage said:

@ozacek I had 1 unit that was completely dead and the other one had issues with one output, I guess it was servo control problem, similar but not as severe as the one in the video above. What you could test:

- Speed compared to a PF rechargeable battery box (if you have one)
- Speed compared to AA battery box
- Can it really run 4 L motors and a Servo under load?
- Quality of the app, configuration possibilities
- Range of control with remote / app
- Does it have proportional control with the app (I guess it does not have with the remote as it only has buttons)?

I have no setup for make measurement, but here's what I observed:
- Speed compared to a PF regular battery box (I don't have a rechargable one): seems to be the about same
- Speed compared to AA battery box: also seems to be about the same (but I would except both Lego boxes to run motors at the same speed, no? - the speed depends on the voltage and they're both 9V)
- Can it really run 4 L motors and a Servo under load: I guess I'll only be to answer that once I have a big vehicle with 4 motors to test with. I was planning to build Madoca's 8x8 Shaman anyway. 
- Quality of the app, configuration possibilities: can't answer that as I don't have a smart phone.
- Range of control with remote: it works at least accross the entire length of my appartment which is about 12 meters. I could try outside when I get the chance.
- Does it have proportional control with the app: again, can't say for the app. Remote buttons are indeed on/off only. But considering all the advantages, if that's the only drawback, I'll take it!

Edited by ozacek

@ozacek I was asking for the rechargeable vs AA battery box because the rechargeable is 7.4V, the AA with fresh alkalines is 9V so I wanted to know which one has a similar speed. Looking forward to see further tests, it'd be great if you could get someone with a smartphone to test the control interface.

23 minutes ago, kbalage said:

@ozacek I was asking for the rechargeable vs AA battery box because the rechargeable is 7.4V, the AA with fresh alkalines is 9V so I wanted to know which one has a similar speed. Looking forward to see further tests, it'd be great if you could get someone with a smartphone to test the control interface.

I see. 7.4V vs 9V is a 20% difference. When I tested, it certainly didn't seem like the Mould King box was 20% slower, so it might be 9V.

For now I'm very happy with it. The reason I bought it is because I hate using disposable batteries, and I'm not paying CA$80 instead of $20 for a battery box just because it's rechargable, like Lego charges. I find that outrageous. Also I find it crazy that with Lego, in order to simply drive two big motors on the same port, you need a rare & expensive V2 receiver. That's also unacceptable.

Edited by ozacek

@ozacek

Thanks for the tip to switch directions, there wasn't a manual with the set that I bought.  So this is nice to know

@kbalage

I measured the output voltage of the mould king box and it was 8.2V.  My battery wasn't freshly charged so it's possibel it's 9V.  I can open my box and check the batteries.  But according me it's a 2S-lipo (you can see them through the holes) and maybe bumped up to 9V.

I didn't manage to download the app, as google play says my device is not compatible.  So if anyone can download it and share it with me, it's this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qunyu.yuxing&hl=nl 

Edited by roeleman

5 minutes ago, roeleman said:

I didn't manage to download the app, as google play says my device is not compatible.  So if anyone can download it for and share it with me, it's this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qunyu.yuxing&hl=nl 

It also tells me I have no compatible devices to install in, and I have a few ranging from Android 4.4.2 to 9.0. I wish Play Store would say exactly why a given device is deemed incompatible with a given app.

4 hours ago, roeleman said:

[...] there wasn't a manual with the set that I bought.

Here it is

MouldKingManual.png

On 10/10/2019 at 3:42 PM, roeleman said:

@ozacek

Thanks for the tip to switch directions, there wasn't a manual with the set that I bought.  So this is nice to know

@kbalage

I measured the output voltage of the mould king box and it was 8.2V.  My battery wasn't freshly charged so it's possibel it's 9V.  I can open my box and check the batteries.  But according me it's a 2S-lipo (you can see them through the holes) and maybe bumped up to 9V.

I didn't manage to download the app, as google play says my device is not compatible.  So if anyone can download it and share it with me, it's this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qunyu.yuxing&hl=nl 

I was curious so I tried to download it with my smartphone (android 5.0+ compatible) to no avail.

So I search for the apps on aptoide and also tried direct download with 3 differents services (or chrome extensions like apkdownloader). The result is always the same : there's no compatible apps and it seems that there's even nothing to download so I wouldn't buy those if the smartphone control is what you're looking for, unless the vendor provides a direct (but maybe suspicious) link to download (outside google play store).

Hi everybody, during last days I read a lot from your forum and discovered this fantastic place! The reason I searched was a gift: a McLaren P1, RC Version, from Aliexpress (Mould King). I tried, before starting to assemble, to test all electric components work. Every piece seems OK and working. I confirm it's impossible to download the app, so I have only the one Remote controller with two battery/receiver, but when I connect one, it's impossible to connect simultaneously the other, and if I turn off and after 2-3 seconds on remote, it connects with the other receiver after losing connection with the first one. What can I do? Thank you! 

Lastly, I did some thinking on custom Lego Technic parts. I tried to think of 7 rules or guidelines for new Lego Technic parts: 

The Seven Golden Criteria of custom Lego Technic parts:

1. The part must have a general Lego Technic look -> OK
  2. The part must be fully compatible with Lego Technic -> OK
  3. The part should enable something in Lego Technic that was not achievable before with combining pure-Lego parts -> 2.4 GHz control with physical remote, WOW!
  4. The part must be connected to other parts with only Lego parts -> OK
  5. The look and strength of the part must adhere to the same high-quality standards as general Technic parts -> OK (but not yet sure of long term quality)
  6. Possible electronics must work with Lego Technic electronics and adhere to the same safety standards as pure-Lego parts. -> OK
  7. The part may not be a slight alteration of an existing Lego part -> OK

So to answer all naysayers: when looked at seven very important criteria for a new Lego Technic part, it flies past all of them. I think we should welcome these remote control parts. They can be a great addition to an existing line of S-brick and BuWizz products while TLG gets some time to clear the mess they made by introducting the Control+ system.. 

Edited by 896gerard
generalised approach

46 minutes ago, aol000xw said:

I'm afraid discussing copy cats is frowned upon on this forum.

So sorry, I didn't want to offend or irritate anyone! I wrote here because some pages back a similar problem was posted with no solution, and I wanted to understand if someone solved the issue, or has some ideas! I love original and and respect Lego as one of my infant mate, to be clear! 

Hai, first of all the battery box that all of you are referring to was not from CaDA, its from Mouldking brand. Please download the .apk file from the link below:

https://fir.im/kzae

Hope it helps.

Edited by azimsu80

6 hours ago, azimsu80 said:

Hai, first of all the battery box that all of you are referring to was not from CaDA, its from Mouldking brand. Please download the .apk file from the link below:

https://fir.im/kzae

Hope it helps.

Thank you very much, downloaded and installed, this evening when I'll come home I'll try and inform you if it works! 

To be honest yesterday I tried to start building, and the PDF instruction my friend sent me after giving me the pack were very unreliable...different colors, in only 10 or 15 pages I found already some pieces not present (even if I have the doubt I have to open all of 7 steps, and not only 1 like in static version instruction). Anyway very much more difficult than building my beloved Falcon last summer! 

2 hours ago, Valecozz89 said:

the PDF instruction my friend sent me after giving me the pack were very unreliable

That's one of the reasons those brands are cheaper than LEGO.

That's why I wouldn't see those as anything but an alternative source for the now discontinued power function with extra functionnality. I bought those in set (with a model and instructions) but only because it was the cheapest way to get the electronics but I was far from being impressed by the model itself.

That being said I would not buy mould king or other brand that sell rip off of official lego or moc stolen from rebrickable users.

Indeed. But note that the motors aren't guaranteed to have the same behaviour as those form LEGO, especially the servo: apparently it has only 3 positions (full left, centre, full right) instead of the many of the official part.

7 hours ago, fosamax said:

That's why I wouldn't see those as anything but an alternative source for the now discontinued power function with extra functionnality.

OK: Anything but an alternative source. I can see that. But you would go for that source once TLG is pulling the plug on PF? I am a bit lost here: Set not good, but electronics are once they are discontinued by TLG? Or did I read that incorrectly?

Best
Thorsten

I had no problem with electronics so far ( except you must use the included cable to charge). The product is inferior to buwizz but the price tag is not the same either. I would have prefered analog support as well as precise servo but I can't really complain for the price (got one free set from gearbest only for a broken suspension shock...)

There's also some nice addition : battery box of the same size as buwizz, RF 2.4 GHz with physical remote. So I'm OK with the electronics (but that not the general impression so it may be gamble) but don't find the all set really good for the rest of the parts.

If Lego had released official 2.4 GHz PF, I would not have bothered with Cada.

Regards,

Marc

Just now, fosamax said:

don't find the all set really good for the rest of the parts

Yeah, the parts (and the set's design) aren't very good, but they have some ideas I wish LEGO would also implement, like beams with a pin at each end, and beams with holes rotated 90º in relation to each other (like what you'd get if you cut a Technic frame).

@ozacek From where did you get that manual?  I have that exact battery box and remote from Mould King, but I got no manual.

Has anyone been able to download and install the android app?  I have the same results as @fosamax - I either cannot find the app, or it is not compatible with any of my android devices.

Finally, I have opened up the battery box.  The main controller chip is unmarked, but it does have 4 of these chips on it (https://www.yoycart.com/Product/590623288557/), which implies that the motors should be able to be driven at variable speeds.

On 3/11/2020 at 10:21 PM, Zirafarafa said:

@ozacek From where did you get that manual?  I have that exact battery box and remote from Mould King, but I got no manual.

Has anyone been able to download and install the android app?  I have the same results as @fosamax - I either cannot find the app, or it is not compatible with any of my android devices.

Finally, I have opened up the battery box.  The main controller chip is unmarked, but it does have 4 of these chips on it (https://www.yoycart.com/Product/590623288557/), which implies that the motors should be able to be driven at variable speeds.

What battery is in there? Could it be upgraded with more capacity?

On 10/10/2019 at 3:32 AM, ozacek said:

I think it's exactly the same as the Mould King one, which I just started talking about 2 posts above.

It'll happily drive a 2kg model with 4 L motors and a servo at a decent speed. But only for about 5 minutes.