Ivan_M

CADA battery with 4 motor outputs and remote control

36 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

II feel tempted to download the instructions and adapt them to use only LEGO parts.

It could be problematic with this one ;)
db60d7f2-9229-4c50-bdc9-1a13a69611e6.jpg

But they do have few nice looking models, especially this one:

20181206134909_96180.jpg

If TLG could take inspiration from only one thing from these sets, personally I'd prefer the beams with holes in perpendicular directions.

3 hours ago, AVCampos said:

If TLG could take inspiration from only one thing from these sets, personally I'd prefer the beams with holes in perpendicular directions.

They are very nice indeed!

I took the time to browse through some of the Cada sets released by Double Eagle and there's a lot of sets that don't really appeal to me. Lots of older sets for example included a prebuild frame with a fixedwheelbase and axle width, making most of those sets look similar and better for kids.

I think some of noticeables sets are :

- C51041 (crawler)
- C51043 (buggy) : probably better than crawler
- C51057 (excavator) : should be easy to make a full rc mod
- C51058 (buildozer) : should be easy to make a full rc mod
- C61001 (Abrams tank) : that one uses lego style PF (but with 2,4 ghz technology), it looks great but is way too much expensive.

Buildozer and Excavator are interesting : driving is remote controlled but other functions are manual but seems pretty playable for kids, with a well thought use of shock absorber for the two models. I find those too expensive nonetheless.

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/Compatible-Legoings-RC-Blocs-De-Construction-Briques-T-l-commande-Construction-Camion-Pelle-Sur-Chenilles-Mod/32914861802.html?spm=a2g0w.search0104.3.17.50154f754OWPit&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0%2Csearchweb201602_2_10065_10068_319_10892_317_10696_453_10084_454_10083_10618_10304_10307_10820_10821_538_537_10302_536_5730115_10843_10059_10884_10887_100031_321_322_10103_5729115%2Csearchweb201603_51%2CppcSwitch_0&algo_pvid=a78a56dd-95d7-4f02-8385-41f29d1e7a52&algo_expid=a78a56dd-95d7-4f02-8385-41f29d1e7a52-2

I don't know if anyone found better price ?

Hi,

This is my first post on the forum.

I have bought CaDA C51041 last December from a seller in Hong Kong by way of ebay for less than US$45 with shipping.    It arrived a few weeks later.   I was impressed by the complicated design (but I am not much of a technic builder).   I had no problems recharging the battery box --- I use the USB cable that it came with that I plug into an old i-phone 4 transformer.  The crawler is quite slow when built for climbing.    The quality of the structure pieces is good, the panels not as much, as others have already reported.  The servo works, but is a bit sloppier than the Lego servo. 

I then went ahead an ordered C51043W from a different seller on ebay for US $41 with shipping. It arrived in a few weeks.   The design is more straightforward --- a buggy with a rear differential and 4 wheel suspension.   One of my kids wanted to compare CaDA L motor to Lego's.   He suggested we use a trick he learned from one of Sariel's videos --- connecting the two motors by way of a differential.    We ran them off the same Lego battery.    You could see the differential turning slowly --- CaDA L motor is a bit slower then Lego's.    We have not compared their torques.

Again, no problem with charging the battery.  The charging process itself is fairly slow and the charge lasts about 20 minutes of constant use.    But the battery/receiver is compact and has many options for mounting.

Overall,  I am quite happy with my purchase.  I feel that I got what I paid for and maybe a bit more.

We have been discussing some of Cada sets here, and some people feel that they are "ok" since they are not copies of Lego sets. But the parts they use are almost same as Technic, i.e. the parts are direct copies. Does that make them illegal ? Or perhaps unethical ?

I am not sure ... things are complicated because these topics tend to be subjective.

4 hours ago, iLego said:

We have been discussing some of Cada sets here, and some people feel that they are "ok" since they are not copies of Lego sets.

Actually the original topic was just about the battery pack and remote, as often happens though the thread has slightly derailed. 

Hello! Very useful read, thanks for sharing!

After a bit of search I discovered, that the remote & receiver are available for sale in a Polish-based shop here:
https://allegro.pl/oferta/zestaw-zdalnego-sterowania-2-4ghz-do-lego-technic-7808911436

The posted link aims to assist those of you who prefer to order it from a European location. I hope posting links to items for sale does not violate the forum rules.

I will share my opinion about this product as soon as I get my hands on it.

On 1/27/2019 at 7:16 AM, Johnny1360 said:

Actually the original topic was just about the battery pack and remote, as often happens though the thread has slightly derailed. 

You're right. After dismantling the crawler, I can also confirm that some parts breaks quite easily. I broke 9 or 10 black pins with friction, some of them without applying any force to it.

I think it's really annoying for people that may be tempted to buy it as a gift for childrens.

The battery pack and controller remains really interesting nonetheless, given the price.

On 10/10/2018 at 6:31 PM, Jim said:

I definitely recommend getting a unit, especially given the price. Not sure about the durability, but I am happy I got one :thumbup:

Thanks, Jim! I will order one.

I'd personally love to have TLG manufacture these custom parts with their high quality standards.. 
These third party bricks like CADA have nice parts but very poor quality. Only reason why i would ever buy parts that are non TLG parts are for parts that don't exist on TLG's inventory. Like those beams with holes in both sides. 
I would consider a more compact battery pack that's USB charged and promises a good run time from an third party brick company.. 
Guess i could give it a go some time in the future.. Once they polish their stuff and work out the problems first. 

On 2/9/2019 at 3:25 PM, xerwin said:

Thanks, Jim! I will order one.

:thumbup:

To be honest, lepin new generation motor is much much stronger than lego and other fake brands.

CADA's servo motor is a week point, and quality is not so good.

The best Plastic parts in fake brand is SY(shengyuan), a old  fake brand with crazy high quality, but they Rarely launched technical parts.

I am a bit frustrated about this product.

1) The battery springs in my remote control deform plastically by the weight of AA batteries if you don't handle it with absolute care. I have to deform it into the other direction to get contact again.

2) I can't find the original charging cable. I've tried all of the 15 micro USB cables in my house and none of them is working. It blinks in red and purple and after 2 minutes, the lights turn off. Nothing happens when I push the power button. I think the solution to use micro USB with a proprietary cable is not clever at all, people (or at least me) just don't expect missing compatibility to other cables. Any Idea what to do now?

Cheers, Jannik

1 hour ago, Yonnix said:

I am a bit frustrated about this product.

1) The battery springs in my remote control deform plastically by the weight of AA batteries if you don't handle it with absolute care. I have to deform it into the other direction to get contact again.

2) I can't find the original charging cable. I've tried all of the 15 micro USB cables in my house and none of them is working. It blinks in red and purple and after 2 minutes, the lights turn off. Nothing happens when I push the power button. I think the solution to use micro USB with a proprietary cable is not clever at all, people (or at least me) just don't expect missing compatibility to other cables. Any Idea what to do now?

Cheers, Jannik

I had the same problem with the charging you describe. The cable is NOT different, I still have the cable supplied with cada and use it with my phote and other devices. In my case the electronic circuit was dead and since it uses SMD parts and there is no datasheet it was beyond my skills to repair it.

@superdog Yes, that's true but they tend to be a bit over priced.. Be careful of others china's motor's knock offs.. they are way under power!!  

I bought a crawler myself, and am rather pleased with the ease of use and range of its RC system, with the caveat of not having fully tested the integrated battery's capacity. The set itself, while extremely ugly, with too stiff suspension and with a huge steering radius, is strongly designed with lots of structural reinforcing. It made me wish, like other folks here, that TLG produced the beams with holes in perpendicular directions and with those pins sticking out at the ends. Still, the only things from that set that'll be touching my LEGO are the RC components and perhaps the L motor (to be a sacrificial lamb in my 9396 helicopter during long public events).

In a more or less related question: just like there are NXT/EV3-compatible plugs for sale, is there anything similar for Power Functions? I want to power some electronics from PF sources, and would hate to waste perfectly functional motors/lights/extension cables by cutting them, even if non-LEGO.

On 2/13/2019 at 8:27 AM, Yonnix said:

USB with a proprietary cabl

No it's not.
I just received mine and first thing I plugged an USB cable that hangs around on my desk in it...
It's charging...

I however wonder how to connect these units, there's no manual with it and nowhere to find on the web either.

Edited by coinoperator

Just now, coinoperator said:

I however wonder how to connect these units, there's no manual with it and nowhere to find on the web either.

Both the transmitter and receiver, when they're turned on, are in pairing mode, and will search for each other. When they find each other, they'll pair and you can use them at will.

This means that, if you have several pairs of transmitters/receivers, you should turn on one pair at a time.

At home....
Plugged 4 M motors in and it works out of the box...

Great
I feel a lot of fun coming.

btw
Servo works too with it.

bbttww
After loading all day still blinking led, loading really takes long.

speaking off third party parts... 

I was thinking about ordering one of those chinese knock-off lego servos because i can't afford a real lego servo right now.. 
But that little fine print at the bottom.. "Do not connect directly to battery box or it will catch on fire."
Jesus.. 

What happens if you put a normal lego PF servo on a battery box directly? 

8 hours ago, Mechbuilds said:

What happens if you put a normal lego PF servo on a battery box directly? 

It moves its axle hole from whatever angle it is at to zero. In fact, the instructions tell you to do just that, to have it correctly set up when assembled in the model.

Hi, i spotted a new model on gearbest, which is a porsche 919 replica featuring 1586 parts (don't know if power functions is included in the count, but at least it seems included in the box).

Could someone tell me if it's an original model or a illegally cloned moc, which i could not endorse in any way.

Anyway here's some pics to see it as well as a link forward the instructions page from double eagle if someone is kind enough to look at it.

http://en.doubleeagle.cc/download_list/downloadcategoryid=10&isMode=false.html

20190326163304_97893.jpg

20190326163305_83348.jpg

Price seems pretty attractive at 60,50 € as of today.

I like the custom tires too.

Edited by fosamax

I have already seen this creation, video below:

As far as I can judge, this might be a cloned moc.