Ivan_M

CADA battery with 4 motor outputs and remote control

I think maybe that is to close to clone brand for my liking. @sirslayer

5 hours ago, oracid said:

Something like what ?

3 hours ago, Bublehead said:

I think he is talking about the actual lithium battery inside the BB... if that is poor quality, we might still replace the cheap battery with a better one.

Yes this is what i meant. Don't want to jump the gun just yet, the ones it comes with are likely just fine. 

Edited by Johnny1360
Added some stuff

6 hours ago, sirslayer said:

Ive been using a similar product by Hot Power which uses 2.4 ghz wifi and still retains the Lego IR

Do you mean that this looks like a PF remote control but it is not ? It is a RC (wifi 2.4Ghz) remote control.

10 hours ago, zux said:

Most likely still in Japan.

Panasonic eneloops are China made. Fujitsu are the new owners of the old Sanyo made in Japan actual Eneloops

Dang, those batteries are tiny. Seriously, only 500 mAh? That is seriously low capacity, less than half the capacity of the official Lego version. But at least the batteries themselves look to be of reasonable quality, and are a common form factor, so should be fairly easy to replace.

Edited by Saberwing40k

Looks like you could replace with 4000mah (2x2000mah 14500 lion) cells as drop in replacements. Adds $10 to $20 to the price.

4 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Seriously, only 500 mAh? That is seriously low capacity, less than half the capacity of the official Lego version.

Lego Lipo battery is bigger.

Do you know capacity of Buwizz ?

For some reason, Buwizz capacity is rated in watt hours, and not milliamp hours, so I can't say for certain. They also helpfully do not list the nominal voltage of the battery.

On 9/26/2018 at 8:20 PM, Saberwing40k said:

This is really cool, and honestly what Powered Up should have been from the start. 

This :thumbup:

10 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

For some reason, Buwizz capacity is rated in watt hours, and not milliamp hours, so I can't say for certain. They also helpfully do not list the nominal voltage of the battery. 

Doesn't Buwizz have a configurable output voltage?

Anyone else notice in the tear down pictures that the unit looked like it is either bonded or sealed and they had to damage the case to get it open? The edges look rough like they were pried apart and we’re bonded besides having the screws to keep it shut. Not cool if you want to change out the batteries with larger ones.

This week I received the controller. I have tested it yesterday and I am pleased with how it works. The range is limited to 10-12 meters. Up to 6 meters (or so) the response is pretty fast, after that there is a slight delay. 

The controller is very comfortable to use and the position of the buttons is very well thought out. It's just like operating a Playstation or XBox controller. One thing that could be improved is the ability to rotate the two main levers, like the new Powered-up controller. Other than that this is the perfect solution for a model with four motors, one for driving, one for steering and the other two to operate two functions. The shoulder buttons both make the motor move in opposite directions. I'd rather give this remote to my nephews (or kids in general) than my smart phone.

I have not tested how long the battery box will last until it needs to be recharged. But since you can charge it via USB, it's very easy to charge it again.

I definitely recommend getting a unit, especially given the price. Not sure about the durability, but I am happy I got one :thumbup:

On 9/27/2018 at 12:42 AM, sirslayer said:

Looks nice too!

Thanks for the mini review @Jim, still waiting on mine to arrive. Is the case bonded together, or does it come open without damage? 

3 hours ago, Jim said:

This week I received the controller. I have tested it yesterday and I am pleased with how it works. The range is limited to 10-12 meters. Up to 6 meters (or so) the response is pretty fast, after that there is a slight delay. 

The controller is very comfortable to use and the position of the buttons is very well thought out. It's just like operating a Playstation or XBox controller. One thing that could be improved is the ability to rotate the two main levers, like the new Powered-up controller. Other than that this is the perfect solution for a model with four motors, one for driving, one for steering and the other two to operate two functions. The shoulder buttons both make the motor move in opposite directions. I'd rather give this remote to my nephews (or kids in general) than my smart phone.

I have not tested how long the battery box will last until it needs to be recharged. But since you can charge it via USB, it's very easy to charge it again.

I definitely recommend getting a unit, especially given the price. Not sure about the durability, but I am happy I got one :thumbup:

Looks nice too!

Jim,

Thanks for the brief overview of the remote.  Do you plan to do a full review of this product?  I am most concerned about what happens with the battery under load or more specifically, how much voltage and amps can it drive per connection and overall?  Buwizz really shined in this regard for powering buggy motors and I am curious if these can do the same.

2 hours ago, technic_addict said:

I am most concerned about what happens with the battery under load or more specifically, how much voltage and amps can it drive per connection and overall?  Buwizz really shined in this regard for powering buggy motors and I am curious if these can do the same.

This. And longevity of the charge. Really interesting to see more technical data, Jim.

I won't be doing a full review with technical data, sorry. I can test the longevity of the charge, but that's about it. 

17 minutes ago, Jim said:

I won't be doing a full review with technical data, sorry. I can test the longevity of the charge, but that's about it. 

Well, that's what is most interesting:thumbup:

hi,

Can a CADA remote control 4 motors if each motor is hooked up to a dedicated buwiz output (i.e not multiplexed)

Can one CADA remote be "paired" to one buwiz and another remote be paired to another?

Also are the CADA remotes sold individually? (i.e without the reciever+battery unit)

Edited by SNIPE

3 hours ago, SNIPE said:

hi,

Can a CADA remote control 4 motors if each motor is hooked up to a dedicated buwiz output (i.e not multiplexed)

Can one CADA remote be "paired" to one buwiz and another remote be paired to another?

Also are the CADA remotes sold individually? (i.e without the reciever+battery unit)

I am not sure what you are asking? Connecting CADA to Buwizz? The battery unit is not a Buwizz. It just looks like one.

@SNIPE, yes, there are 4 sets of controls on the remote, each controlling a separate output.  And yes, I believe you can have multiple remotes , each paired with it’s own BB/receiver, so you could theoretically control 4x4 or 16 outputs with 4 remotes and 4 BB. 

Dont think they sell remotes separately, but they might sell a “replacement” if you report a defective one. I would try that, and if you pay for it, no harm no foul, you are not trying to get them to replace it for free.

Can one controller be used to control 2 units? For my Greyhound this would only be useful if I can link outputs of two different units to a single control channel.

1 hour ago, Didumos69 said:

Can one controller be used to control 2 units? For my Greyhound this would only be useful if I can link outputs of two different units to a single control channel.

I am not sure if you can pair a controller to two devices simultaneously. All I know is on the product page. That's the brilliance of Chinese products :laugh:

If It is like a traditional hobby rc Reciever setup in theory we can have more than four battery boxes due to the 2.4ghz setup. The range of 12 meters is quite strange since i've been able to get 150m with my 1/10 scale car.

Can someone who has one rewire the power supply to a deans connector? Then we can use a small 3s battery that would be able to be hotswapped. 

1 hour ago, Jim said:

I am not sure if you can pair a controller to two devices simultaneously. All I know is on the product page. That's the brilliance of Chinese products :laugh:

Thanks! I pass.