damjan97PL

[MOC] Tracktor Truck with Dump Trailer

Hi Everyone.

Today I want to show You my newest MOC, a tracktor truck with dump trailer.

img_20180904_184825.jpg

Dimensions:

-Lenght: 51cm

-Height: 17cm

-Width: 12cm

-Weight: 1900g

Functions:

-Drive- XL motor

-Steering- Servomotor

-Lifting a bath- L motor

-5th wheel- operated manually

-Support foots- operated manually

img_20180904_185720.jpg

A tracktor truck has a openable doors and details of interior (steering wheel, seats etc.)

A 5th wheel is operated manually and its the same like in a 42078 Mack Anthem Lego set.

Becaouse the most of the weight is in front of truck a rear wheels are sliding during acceleration.

For propel a truck is Xl motor with 1:1.4 atio and for steering a wheels is Servo motor.

img_20180904_190130.jpg

A trailer is a classic the axle dump trailer. Becaouse i don't have enought 49,5mm tires I had to use a more ballons tires.

For dumping I use a tooth rack from the 42061 set which is propeled by L motor with 1:3 ratio so the whole mechanism has a enought power to lift bath with load.

A locarion of IR receiver and a construction of the support foots is caused by space in trailer.

img_20180904_190520.jpg

I'm satisfied of the appearance of whole model and about working all mechanisms.

img_20180904_190843.jpg

img_20180904_191153.jpg

I'm waiting for Your comments :)

FULL GALLERY:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124730997@N05/albums/72157697807310332

img_20180904_185419.jpg

img_20180904_185821.jpg

img_20180904_190953.jpg

This is seriously cool! Great use of the bright green parts from 42039 as well. :thumbup:

Did you base the build on a real truck as well? It looks like a real brand, but I just can't put my finger on which one... :laugh:

Very nice small scale truck. :thumbup: Pitty that you do not have 49.5 tires in trailer

I saw this on another site the other day. Happy to see you wanted to share it with us here!

That truck is ace. Perfect size with very nice shapes and colours. Those black wheels together with the green bodywork is just beautiful. Wish I could build it! :)

I saw it too, a perfect balance between functions, size and aesthetics, I have seen a lot of dump trucks but this is my favorite so far.

Awesome little truck! I love it! It's truly European with it's all compactness. I like it more than Mack and all other trailers for it.

superb truck!

you should call this the 'Irish queen' (red and green should never be seen etc)

the lines are wonderfully pleasing to my eye. good work on making this small but handsome with virtually no system parts (?) and functional too.

spend a few pennies and get a few more tyres for the trailer.

Looks good!

16 hours ago, damjan97PL said:

For dumping I use a tooth rack from the 42061 set which is propeled by L motor with 1:3 ratio so the whole mechanism has a enought power to lift bath with load.

Is that reason (not enough power), You are not using large linear actuator?

4 hours ago, Jurss said:

Looks good!

Is that reason (not enough power), You are not using large linear actuator?

nope, I just wanted to try something different

14 hours ago, damjan97PL said:

nope, I just wanted to try something different

OK, but I'm just thinking now, how do You made connection from that axle to wormgear to motor? For u-joint final angle seems too big. Also it seems, that axles end is not of the center of racks turning point at the bottom.

Saw this one on Facebook. It is awesome! Very interesting how you've managed to attach the lifting gear rack so low on the trailer.

Congratulations for a fantastic MOC!

Edited by MajklSpajkl