Vorkosigan

[MOC] Harry Potter's Gryffindor Bedroom

I wanted to do a "cozy" Harry Potter MOC and thought his Gryffindor bedroom would be a good topic. Played around with the idea of doing a full 360 build that opens, and including Seamus and Dean's beds as well. But each bed section is fairly repetitive so I decided to just cover Neville, Harry, and Ron's areas as well as the entrance and a fireplace. The fireplace may be a bit controversial vs the source material, I don't think any is visible in the films but I have a vague memory of a mention of a hearth within the bedrooms in one of the books. Canon or  not, I think it helps give the right vibe to the build. Appreciate any comments, enjoy! 

fctwWQuh.jpg

7Oyq7rVh.jpg

EIWNduJh.jpg

RmHR5mth.jpg

Znw6696h.jpg

Not much attention was placed on the look of the outside, but here's what it's like: 
a9VqUbzh.jpg

I am not a  great Harry Potter fan, but I wouldn`t mind having this on my shelf...it is a lovely ,well thought out build...nice one!!

This is excellent! I agree that if you do some more detailing on the roof it would really make the scene but what you have right now is a wonderful vignette to display the gryffindor figures, detailing, colors and all! 

I like how you managed to curve the dorm

Edited by hplego