OCD_Chad

I built I Scream Clone's Mos Eisley Cantina (with a few modifications)

That's the landspeeder, Luke, Obi-Wan and C-3PO from 75173.  The sign above the door, the Ubrikkian 9000 pod, Han Solo, Greedo, Wuher and the Sandtrooper with the white pauldron are from 75205.  R2-D2 is from 75218.  The Ithorian is from 75051.  The Sandtrooper with the orange pauldron is from 9490.  The spacemen are from 8683.  The two Duros and two Rodians are from 75133.  The humans from 75133 are also in there.  I put a Minifig Hair Swept Back with Widow's Peak on one of them for my Dannik Jerriko.  The Talz is Thi-Sen from 8085.  The Jawas are from 75198.  For the Tonnika sisters I'm using Satele Shan from 9497 and a Resistance soldier from 75103.  For the two Saurins I'm using two Bossks.  For Arleil Schous I used the head and legs from 9463 and Mace Windu's torso from 75019.  For Rycar Ryjerd I plan on using the head from the Gellert Grindelwald minifigure bag, black short legs, a Han Solo torso from 75205, a red minifigure scarf, and a combed from front to rear minifigure hair in dark bluish grey.  The bounty hunters from 75167 are also in there, along with the Bith musicians from 75052.  If you guys have any ideas on how to make the other aliens or improve the figures I have I would like to hear ideas.  I have been using this as a guide.

Pby2qJI.jpgFqSd0FG.jpg

pX4Cae7.jpgo8ygmuU.jpg32dfz3k.jpg5QuFuwU.jpg

Edited by OCD_Chad

Very nice! Perhaps a removeable ceiling?

Also I've never been sure of what the whiite pod was for.

Very cool! Could you upload a photo with just the minifigs? It's hard to tell which ones you've done so far, but I have a few purist ones which may be helpful :) 

Bo Shek is quite simple to do. There's a black torso with white space suit detailing. Just grab that with black legs, light flesh head and dark brown swept back hair. Maybe even Biker Scout legs for him.

8 hours ago, Seaber said:

Very cool! Could you upload a photo with just the minifigs? It's hard to tell which ones you've done so far, but I have a few purist ones which may be helpful :) 

No, I don't want to take them all out.  What are you thinking of?

3 hours ago, Robianco said:

Bo Shek is quite simple to do. There's a black torso with white space suit detailing. Just grab that with black legs, light flesh head and dark brown swept back hair. Maybe even Biker Scout legs for him.

I think I found it.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=sp001new#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

17 minutes ago, OCD_Chad said:

No, I don't want to take them all out.  What are you thinking of?

I think I found it.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=sp001new#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

That's the one. It's a Blacktron torso... I looked it up after mentioning it. I reckon that with the Biker Scout legs would work well.

You've also got Lav Sivrak who could work with tan Jedi robes (maybe from a prequel Obi Wan) and a grey werewolf head.

Kabe could be done with Bat head and ears from Manbat. There's a POTC torso which has a bare chest and waistcoat on a red torso. The bare chest is brown though so I'm not sure if it's fro a zombie. Get some red arms on that and matching short legs and I think that would be pretty good.

Head & headpiece: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=sh086&name=Man-Bat&category=[Super Heroes][Batman II]#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

Torso: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb0874&name=Torso PotC Vest Torn with Bare Chest and Dark Brown Belt Pattern&category=[Minifig, Torso]#T=C

Legs: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=41879&idColor=59#T=C&C=59

3 hours ago, Robianco said:

That's the one. It's a Blacktron torso... I looked it up after mentioning it. I reckon that with the Biker Scout legs would work well.

You've also got Lav Sivrak who could work with tan Jedi robes (maybe from a prequel Obi Wan) and a grey werewolf head.

Kabe could be done with Bat head and ears from Manbat. There's a POTC torso which has a bare chest and waistcoat on a red torso. The bare chest is brown though so I'm not sure if it's fro a zombie. Get some red arms on that and matching short legs and I think that would be pretty good.

Head & headpiece: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=sh086&name=Man-Bat&category=[Super Heroes][Batman II]#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

Torso: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb0874&name=Torso PotC Vest Torn with Bare Chest and Dark Brown Belt Pattern&category=[Minifig, Torso]#T=C

Legs: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=41879&idColor=59#T=C&C=59

Thanks, I also just found this for a torso:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb1713c01&name=Torso Vest with Vertical Pockets, Dark Orange Undershirt and Bird Logo on Back Pattern (SW Ezra Bridger) / Dark Orange Arms / Light Flesh Hands&category=[Minifig, Torso Assembly]#T=S&C=69&O={"color":69,"iconly":0}

I remember getting into this after the 2014 set came out. Here are a few of the custom figs I had come up with.

4QZD3Gx.jpg?1

Seems that great minds think alike, as my version of Kabe is basically identical to what you guys suggested. I thought he needed a friendlier face with an upturned nose, though, so I took that from some ape figure. I also used the Ithorian and Talz figs that OP included in his Cantina, but didn't include them in the pic.

On seeing your suggestions, I definitely need to update Dr. Evezan's hairpiece with one of the new Tarkin hairpieces, which weren't available at the time. I may also change the head, but I think I like my torso on Dr. Evazan better. I may keep the cartoon show head on the smoking man, though--not sure it's accurate, but it conveys his vague creepiness.

Also, when I was doing this I repeatedly consulted this website, which apparently is still around: http://cantinacustoms.tripod.com/id18.htm You guys may find it helpful.

3 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

I remember getting into this after the 2014 set came out. Here are a few of the custom figs I had come up with.

4QZD3Gx.jpg?1

Seems that great minds think alike, as my version of Kabe is basically identical to what you guys suggested. I thought he needed a friendlier face with an upturned nose, though, so I took that from some ape figure. I also used the Ithorian and Talz figs that OP included in his Cantina, but didn't include them in the pic.

On seeing your suggestions, I definitely need to update Dr. Evezan's hairpiece with one of the new Tarkin hairpieces, which weren't available at the time. I may also change the head, but I think I like my torso on Dr. Evazan better. I may keep the cartoon show head on the smoking man, though--not sure it's accurate, but it conveys his vague creepiness.

Also, when I was doing this I repeatedly consulted this website, which apparently is still around: http://cantinacustoms.tripod.com/id18.htm You guys may find it helpful.

I found your ape head.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb0972&name=Minifig, Head Dual Sided Alien Chima Gorilla with Yellow Eyes, Protruding Front Teeth and Gray Face, Happy / Sad Pattern (G'Loona) - Stud Recessed&category=[Minifig, Head]#T=S&C=120&O={"color":120,"iconly":0}

Aw man, this is so cool, I wish I had the real estate for a diorama like this...

I updated some of the minifigures.  The following is a list of sets and parts I used for every minifigure in it.

BrickLink - Part 92081 : Lego Minifig, Hair Combed Front to Rear [Minifig, Hair] - BrickLink Reference Catalog

BrickLink - Part 983 : Lego Hand [Minifig, Body Part] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 3626cpb1460 : Lego Minifig, Head Dual Sided Dark Brown Sideburns and Eyebrows, White Pupils with Lopsided / Open Smile Pattern (Howard Wolowitz) - Stud Recessed [Minifig, Head] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Minifig sw570 : Lego Ithorian Jedi Master (75051) [Star Wars:Star Wars Yoda Chronicles] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Minifig sw364 : Lego Sandtrooper - Orange Pauldron, Survival Backpack, Dirt Stains, Balaclava Head Print and Helmet with Dotted Mouth Pattern [Star Wars:Star Wars Episode 4/5/6] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Minifig col013 : Lego Spaceman - Minifig only Entry [Collectible Minifigures:Series 1 Minifigures] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Set 75133-1 : Lego Rebel Alliance Battle Pack [Star Wars:Star Wars Other] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Minifig sw264 : Lego Thi-Sen [Star Wars:Star Wars Clone Wars] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Minifig sw896 : Lego Jawa - Straps with Black Stains [Star Wars:Star Wars Episode 4/5/6] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 64798 : Lego Minifig, Hair Swept Back with Widow's Peak [Minifig, Hair] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 92081 : Lego Minifig, Hair Combed Front to Rear [Minifig, Hair] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Minifig sw389 : Lego Satele Shan [Star Wars:Star Wars Old Republic] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 973pb1331c01 : Lego Torso SW Open Jacket with Pockets and Shirt and Back Pockets Pattern (Han Solo) / Tan Arms / Light Flesh Hands [Minifig, Torso Assembly] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 30133 : Lego Minifig, Bandana / Scarf [Minifig, Body Wear] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Minifig sw828 : Lego Bossk - Olive Green (75167) [Star Wars:Star Wars Other] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 41879 : Lego Legs Short [Minifig, Body Part] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 3626cpb2183 : Lego Minifig, Head Dual Sided Black Eyebrows Thick, Smile / White Eyebrows and Moustache, Gray Right Eye Pattern - Stud Recessed [Minifig, Head] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 973pb2677c01 : Lego Torso Space Blacktron I, Inside with Ribs (Reissue - No White Print on Neck) Pattern / Black Arms / Yellow Hands [Minifig, Torso Assembly] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 973pb1713c01 : Lego Torso Vest with Vertical Pockets, Dark Orange Undershirt and Bird Logo on Back Pattern (SW Ezra Bridger) / Dark Orange Arms / Light Flesh Hands [Minifig, Torso Assembly] - BrickLink Reference Catalog

BrickLink - Minifig sh086 : Lego Man-Bat [Super Heroes:Batman II] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 970c00 : Lego Hips and Legs [Minifig, Legs Assembly] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 41879 : Lego Legs Short [Minifig, Body Part] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 970c00 : Lego Hips and Legs [Minifig, Legs Assembly] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 973c09 : Lego Torso Plain / White Arms / White Hands [Minifig, Torso Assembly] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 973pb1760c01 : Lego Torso SW Hooded Coat over Tan Jedi Robe with Undershirt and Belt Pattern (SW Obi-Wan) / Dark Brown Arms / Light Flesh Hands [Minifig, Torso Assembly] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 973pb1050c01 : Lego Torso SW Vest and Camouflage Shirt Pattern / Sand Green Arms / Tan Hands [Minifig, Torso Assembly] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 3626cpb1160 : Lego Minifig, Head Dual Sided Male Dark Tan Eyebrows, White Pupils, Cheek Lines, Smile / Scowling Pattern (SW Luke Skywalker) - Stud Recessed [Minifig, Head] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 973pb1584c01 : Lego Torso SW Layered Shirt, Reddish Brown Undershirt, Reddish Brown Belt with Large Buckle Pattern / Tan Arms / Light Flesh Hands [Minifig, Torso Assembly] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 973pb1406 : Lego Torso Jacket Open with Gold Buttons and Anchor over Tan Sweater Pattern [Minifig, Torso] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Minifig sw278 : Lego Han Solo, Reddish Brown Legs without Holster Pattern (8097) [Star Wars:Star Wars Episode 4/5/6] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 973pb1968c01 : Lego Torso Female Jumpsuit with Silver Zipper and Black Utility Belt Pattern / Dark Blue Arm with SHIELD Logo Pattern Right / Dark Blue Arm Left / Light Flesh Hands [Minifig, Torso Assembly] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 3626cpb1575 : Lego Minifig, Head Dual Sided Alien with SW Luminara Unduli Gray Lips and Large Blue Eyes, Neutral / Angry Pattern - Stud Recessed [Minifig, Head] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 12893pb02 : Lego Minifig, Hair Male Bald Top with Dark Bluish Gray Short Hair Pattern [Minifig, Hair] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 981982 : Lego Arm, (Matching Left and Right) Pair [Minifig, Body Part] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 981982 : Lego Arm, (Matching Left and Right) Pair [Minifig, Body Part] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 62810 : Lego Minifig, Hair Short Tousled with Side Part [Minifig, Hair] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 40233 : Lego Minifig, Hair Short Tousled [Minifig, Hair] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 3626cpb1414 : Lego Minifig, Head Dual Sided Dark Tan Eyebrows, Chin Dimple, White Pupils, Stern / Smile Pattern (SW Luke Skywalker) - Stud Recessed [Minifig, Head] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 983 : Lego Hand [Minifig, Body Part] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 23186 : Lego Minifig, Hair Swept Left Tousled [Minifig, Hair] - BrickLink Reference Catalog

BrickLink - Set 75173-1 : Lego Luke's Landspeeder [Star Wars:Star Wars Episode 4/5/6] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Set 75052-1 : Lego Mos Eisley Cantina [Star Wars:Star Wars Episode 4/5/6] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Set 75205-1 : Lego Mos Eisley Cantina [Star Wars:Star Wars Episode 4/5/6] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Set 75198-1 : Lego Tatooine Battle Pack [Star Wars:Star Wars Episode 4/5/6] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Set 75167-1 : Lego Bounty Hunter Speeder Bike Battle Pack [Star Wars:Star Wars Other] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Minifig sw532 : Lego Chewbacca (Dark Tan fur) [Star Wars] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Minifig mof003 : Lego Werewolf [Monster Fighters] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Minifig col216 : Lego Fly Monster - Minifig only Entry [Collectible Minifigures:Series 14 Minifigures] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Minifig iaj018 : Lego Colonel Dovchenko [Indiana Jones:Kingdom of the Crystal Skull] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Part 3626cpb1794 : Lego Minifig, Head Dual Sided Dark Brown Eyebrows, Open Mouth Smile / Raised Eyebrows, Open Mouth with Red Tongue Apprehensive Pattern - Stud Recessed [Minifig, Head] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
BrickLink - Minifig sw479 : Lego Mace Windu (75019) [Star Wars:Star Wars Episode 2] - BrickLink Reference Catalog
Custom Snaggletooth red star wars minifigures lego bricks cantina | eBay
Custom - Ponda Baba - Star Wars Cantina minifigures 75052 greedo obi wan lego | eBay
Custom Evazan Cornelius Star Wars Cantina mini figure 75052 greedo on lego brick | eBay
Gas Mask with Large Filter - Dark Tan - Sidan Toys - Buy Custom Lego Minifigures, Shop for Army Guns, Military Weapons, Armour and Helmets
BrickLink - Part bb878879 : Lego Arm, (Matching Left and Right) Double Pair [Minifig, Body Part] - BrickLink Reference Catalog

Edited by OCD_Chad

Absolutely astounding stuff! Amazing work, well done :drool:

The only things I would do, if it was me, would be to change one of the Bossk heads to the older Bossk mini figure since they're different colours and just gives it a bit of variety between the two creatures and I'd put in Ackmena, the night-shift barmaid from the Holiday Special... just for fun! But hey that's just me :grin:

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

Here is the dish I came up with and the block and ring that the dewback is tied to.  I also switched out the fence for a tan-colored wall like in the movie photo.UeCQUe1.jpg

Looks spot on. Perhaps I would put some indication of bent tubes and pipes in the middle of the dish, and make it look broken on one side.

19 minutes ago, Kristof said:

Looks spot on. Perhaps I would put some indication of bent tubes and pipes in the middle of the dish, and make it look broken on one side.

My first thought is to use some bent battle droid arms.  I also switched out the tables for some ones I built.BHTAnhA.jpg

Love it! Wish there was a way to open up the area with the band a bit. Great character collection. I've been buying up cantina kits to create something like this as well. Good fun! The coat rack is nice- was the in the original design?

This is definitely close to what I think lego should have always done with Mos Eisley. All their versions look terrible but this looks really good. Mos Eisley is a perfect setting for a big UCS set like the Ewok Village, which was excellent. Cloud City also stunk big time 

1 hour ago, TwoSolitudes said:

Love it! Wish there was a way to open up the area with the band a bit. Great character collection. I've been buying up cantina kits to create something like this as well. Good fun! The coat rack is nice- was the in the original design?

Yes.

It's updated with a new landspeeder, some new moisture vaporators thanks to bataleon, and is inside an iDisplayit table.

9nGc9tV.jpg

0HatCOK.jpg

3PZ8eLu.jpg

GNiWLEA.jpg

x1bdf83.jpg

ycOU7ye.jpg

TuolCHy.jpg

Edited by OCD_Chad

Like what you have done to make it more movie accurate. Nice work. I have this built too and would like to replicate your mod. Ever think of getting Iscreamclone's Scrapyard? Just curious.