zephyr1934

Steam Locomotive Factory

Dang! This is a beautiful diorama. The mechanic working on the boiler (swinging on the crane) is cool. The muddy road on the left is also a nice detail (even if the bars should be down, when a loco is passing by :D ).

It's truly a stunning model and I love it...  I only have one complaint...  It's too clean 

... There needs to be more parts and pieces laying around every repair yard I've been to has a lot of "junk" about the place

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:59 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

It's truly a stunning model and I love it...  I only have one complaint...  It's too clean 

... There needs to be more parts and pieces laying around every repair yard I've been to has a lot of "junk" about the place

Well, I never been to such a yard, but I have (German) magazines covering topics as for example "The BR23", "Steamers Part 1 … Part 5" and the like. And yes, I agree: There is stuff all about the place. Not only junk, but tools, large tools that is, parts everywhere and of course also - some - junk. Maybe Germans are too much concerned about tidying-up the place before photographs are taken (well, if somebody will ever want to take a photograph of my "workshop" in the basement, I would like to clean up before that happens:blush:).

But: That yard is breathtakingly nice - from every aspect: Details, stages of assembly, building skills. Adding that junk part - which indeed would make a difference - is quite straight forward. Never saw it like that, but you are right!

Best wishes,
Thorsten