harry27

Layout first glimpse

Here's a few shots of my layout I've been messing around with lately...

20180916_111227

Station area

20180916_111238

Shell station being dismantled 

20180916_111157

Overview 

20180916_111142

loading terminal 

20180916_111116

this is the end of scenic area, there's still a lot of work left to do but as this is the first post I will leave it here for now thanks. 

Very nice layout Harry, you have combined a lot of recognizable elements in such a way that they blend in well together.

And there is a lot of woodwork going on as well!

Do you plan on blending in your beautiful LEGO world or do you build around your LEGO world? I did the former - and the latter (with regard to furniture:wink:).

Very, very nice. I even see some saw dust (I very much like to work with wood …)

All the best,

Thorsten

Thanks for the comments, Its been a long time coming but I've finally got round to sharing. Here are a few more shots that hopefully show it all a bit clearer....

20180923_105606

As I still don't have all the pieces yet to finish off 6378 I thought it would look better being either demolished or completed.

20180923_105401

I wanted a cargo/depot feel for the layout and this is the entrance to the yard.

20180923_105509

I've tried to create a weigh bridge and porta-cabin for when trucks roll in and out.

20180923_105628

And a bit of a closer shot of these two beauty's because they are just 12v gods.

17 hours ago, Toastie said:

And there is a lot of woodwork going on as well!

Do you plan on blending in your beautiful LEGO world or do you build around your LEGO world? I did the former - and the latter (with regard to furniture:wink:).

Very, very nice. I even see some saw dust (I very much like to work with wood …)

All the best,

Thorsten

The layout actually sits underneath the base boards of my 00 gauge model railway so it is following it's foot print, I do plan on making it a full loop in the future as i plan on building a new shed to clear all non related lego and railway things out of my cave.

Good work! A perfect combination of new and old, set and custom. The atmosphere of the yard conveyed by the pictures is great. I really like that weighbridge too; the deck works really well, and the colours blend it in perfectly. The only thing I don't like is the track hanging off the edge at the end of your first post!

8 hours ago, harry27 said:

The layout actually sits underneath the base boards of my 00 gauge model railway so it is following it's foot print, I do plan on making it a full loop in the future as i plan on building a new shed to clear all non related lego and railway things out of my cave.

Ahhh … good idea with the new shed! Your beautiful LEGO creations should be on top of everything else:classic:.

Best
Thorsten