Sign in to follow this  
Roadmonkeytj

[SR - FB] de Rocher fortifications

The latest and greatest engineering has come to Turtle Island.   This Forts long guns are hefty enough to slice any ship to ribbons.

starfort.lxf

starforttop.lxf

starfortrear.lxf

OoC: I built this off memory of the civil war fortifications in New England from when I toured as a kid.   It was originally built with a barracks in the center but I decided to make it a tower at last minute.  After I posted a preview in the faction pm, I was sent this link to the fort that stood in Tortuga.

Ironically it is very fitting hence the naming.

Comments and Criticism welcome! 

Fantastic star fort! :wub:  Really well done! And I like those micro-cannons.  :thumbup:

What pieces have you used on the corner bastions and where they meet the adjoining wall at a 45-degree angle? Is it a windscreen of some sort?

Great build, well done! :thumbup:

Yet another fortress for the Sea Rats though? The WTCM is taking notes...

4 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

Fantastic star fort! :wub:  Really well done! And I like those micro-cannons.  :thumbup:

What pieces have you used on the corner bastions and where they meet the adjoining wall at a 45-degree angle? Is it a windscreen of some sort?

Thank you.   I know in some of the older sets the piece was used on boats and planes it's a solid Brick in the slopes inventory.   Then I used the inside/outside roof slopes to connect to the next star.

Just now, Drunknok said:

Great build, well done! :thumbup:

Yet another fortress for the Sea Rats though? The WTCM is taking notes...

Thanks alot! 

While silence is Golden ...  Our quietness is suspicious.

6 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

it's a solid Brick in the slopes inventory

Ah, I found it on bricklink. The piece I was wondering about is actually a 6x8 wedge brick.

Again, great job!

Just now, Capt Wolf said:

Ah, I found it on bricklink. The piece I was wondering about is actually a 6x8 wedge brick.

Again, great job!

That would be the one...  I have a couple in real Brick form but not grey lol and my Bricklink moneys is maxed out on brickworld this month so ldd it was lol

On 9/21/2018 at 2:14 PM, Professor Thaum said:

I really love your gun design !!

A nice add-on to Tortuga

Thank you...  Your welcome to borrow it.  It was the third design..  The first looked more like modern artillery the second looked too big but this turned out well although I don't know if they ever made the night stick in black? 

Great star shape -  I think we need more micro fort prizes handed out as these mircos are really capturing the size of fortifications in a way that is really difficult in mini-fig scale.

22 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Wow! A micro star fort!!!!!! Brilliant! Permission to replicate? 

Permission granted sir build at will!  I personally will build with this shape in mind in the future as well.   Best part is this only took a matter of a few hours or so to whip up the fort 

15 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Great star shape -  I think we need more micro fort prizes handed out as these mircos are really capturing the size of fortifications in a way that is really difficult in mini-fig scale.

Honestly I was playing around with "larger" micros before I came across this idea.   I agree that micro is the way to build forts unless you have the bricks and space! 

Great looking star fort, sir. Impressive details for this scale, and lovely tower too, although it looks a bit vulnerable.

10 hours ago, Bregir said:

Great looking star fort, sir. Impressive details for this scale, and lovely tower too, although it looks a bit vulnerable.

I assure you good sir that the tower walls are several meters thick and quite impenetrable.

Thanks for the compliment glad you liked it! 

Nice micro fort and, as others said, great use  of parts! It's impressive what you did in such a little scale! 

20 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

I assure you good sir that the tower walls are several meters thick and quite impenetrable.

Thanks for the compliment glad you liked it! 

Damn, it seemed such a nice target! Ehm, I was saying… Nice tower, very nice! :grin: