Sign in to follow this  
MacK

The Grey Nose

thindexedgif.gif 45b

Okay I joined just yesturday, but I figure I should show you guys a MOC I made a while ago. After seeing the great "Pimp you IMPT ship contest. I decided to make a small ship of my own. The Grey Nose is a one cannon vessel named the "Grey Nose" because of the grey bow or "nose". With a crew of five.

Okay enough of me onto the pictures.

the_grey_nose_011.jpg

Heres the MOCpages with a few more shots, and a large Description (sorry about the bad pictures, and spelling/grammer :pir_blush:).

Enter at your own risk

The Grey Nose Brickshelf

Edited by SlyOwl

The good news is you can post images 800 x 600 and they should display nicely at most resolutions.

So here we go:

1202708751_DISPLAY.jpg

I'd recommend you take another picture of your ship, this time making sure it fits within the frame because it looks like a third of your sail has been cut off so you might want to zoom out a bit more next time.

Presentation is important because users are more likely to stop and look at something that is nicely presented, and as a result leave you more comments.

Great job. *y* The design is not too different but your sails are well made.

Thanks Mister Phes I will take some more pictures tomorrow (if I can find some time) and update my Mocpages with them. Though when I made the images 800 by 600 I couldn't upload them because they were to big (file size),so I had to make them very small, I'll go look at a photo resizing tutorial later tonight.

And thanks Zouave for your kind words, I’m actually not that proud of the sails, and if I ever get the chance will likely redo them.

Though when I made the images 800 by 600 I couldn't upload them because they were to big (file size),so I had to make them very small, I'll go look at a photo resizing tutorial later tonight.

It's recommended that you get a Brickshelf account. Brickshelf is an image hosting service especially for LEGO and it lets you store large image files.

Looking forward to some better quality pics. *y*

It's always a great way to introduce yourself here at pirate.EB forum by posting a ship. :pir-sweet:

I've added this ship to the Index of MOC Ships.

P

A very nice and charming ship with a very fine rigging indeed, well done! :pir-sweet:

I really like it. It is a very sleek looking vessel but I think maybe a grand total of 6 cannons wouldn't go astray. Anyway, welcome to EB.

Regards, Captain Zuloo :pir-laugh:

Thanks for all your comments I'm glad you like my ship :pir-cry_happy: , and as Mister Phes suggested I got a Brickshelf account :pir-oh:, any ways I took some more pictures of my ship (sorry it took so long I started taking pictures of other MOCs). THe pictures aren't a whole lot better, but they give you a few more angles of my ship.

the_grey_nose_011.jpg

I started taking pictures outside were there was more natural light, so that has improved my pictures a little.

the_grey_nose_009.jpg

A crew of five and a monkey populate the Grey Nose.

the_grey_nose_014.jpg

A birds eye view of the Grey Nose.The Brickshelf folder with more pictures (when moderated) a lot of the pictures are dark or blurry I know, I'm just not much of a photographer, and my cameras fairly old, I just hope overtime I will get better at photographing my Lego.

Also Mister Phes your right the presentation is more important than the MOC, as I got a fair amount of comments on another thread I made with outdoor pictures, but so far for me seems a hit and miss (1/2 threads have got a decent amount of comments) any other ideas how to get a few more comments.