Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

[BTSC] Weelond Regiment FC needs pineapples!

Even though the Weelond team didn't advance to the knock-out stage in the inaugural Soccer Cup in Trador last year, the team was greeted with much enthusiasm at home. So, when Bastion, last year's champion, announced the return of the Soccer Cup this year, the team quickly reassembled under the leadership of legendary coach Patch Verlander. As you may recall, Patch's coaching philosophy is "If you can kick a pineapple, you can kick a soccer ball," so once the team arrived in Bastion, they needed to find all the pineapples they could for practice. Luckily for the team, a pineapple vendor came down the street right in front of the team hotel!

Patch was quick to inspect the merchandise.

patch2.jpg

Meanwhile, two of the team's star players made sure the pineapples were good for play (much to the consternation of one of the locals).

kick.jpg

Of course, injuries do occur, and the Weelond team seemed to have more than its share of foot injuries. But that didn't dissuade some of Bastion's loveliest ladies from expressing their interest in the players.

lady2.jpg

And some people just like pineapples. ("Ooh! Pineapples!")

ooh.jpg

And so the Weelond Regimentals (as they are known) were ready for practice.

full_ang-e.jpg

And here is a picture of the team:

team1.jpg

The team also produced a different (NSFW) team picture to raise money for the Widows and Orphans Fund:

Spoiler

team2a.jpg

:pir-grin:

All C&C welcome!

Mwarf !!! :grin:

Excellent story and smart built of Weelond street hawker

Like your team display...

The idea of a different kind of pics to raise funds is so Eslandolan...

Bwahahaha! :pir-grin:

Excellent street build, loving all the little scenes you were able to put in there. The story is brilliant too - great how you continued last years tale! :thumbup:

That money raising thingy... have you thought about producing a calender "for the ladies"? :pir-oh:

Thanks for the comments! I wanted to have fun and give everyone a good laugh.

On 9/20/2018 at 12:05 AM, Professor Thaum said:

Mwarf !!! :grin:

Excellent story and smart built of Weelond street hawker

Like your team display...

The idea of a different kind of pics to raise funds is so Eslandolan...

Thanks. I hadn't thought about the Eslandolan angle on the last pic, but you're right! :pir-grin:

On 9/20/2018 at 3:25 AM, Drunknok said:

Bwahahaha! :pir-grin:

Excellent street build, loving all the little scenes you were able to put in there. The story is brilliant too - great how you continued last years tale! :thumbup:

That money raising thingy... have you thought about producing a calender "for the ladies"? :pir-oh:

Thanks. I really wanted to pack the street scene. And the pic is for the ladies. maybe if I win the soccer cup I'll put together an actual calendar.

On 9/20/2018 at 4:24 AM, Ross Fisher said:

Nice calendar! Neat ideas all over.

Thanks!

On 9/20/2018 at 1:50 PM, Fraunces said:

simple, aesthetic and funny, compliments and I hope the teams raises a lot of money for the good cause!

Thanks. I wanted the build to show some effort, and for everything to fit together. And charity is important!