Aleh

[MOC] Liebherr LR 11000 Two meter RC Crawler Crane

Hello guys! At last I can represent to all of you my latest MOC. It's a Lego Technic Liebherr LR 11000 Crawler Crane.

I tried to build a copy of a famous Liebherr-brand crawler crane. If to be honest it was my dream to build a human-high technic crane.

This model is approx two meters high. It has five independent winches! Real crane has six, but two of them goes to one hook, what was not necessary to represent in lego version.

Except string crane is build of 100% Lego. As a counterweight I used three big battery boxes in the superstructure and three ones in the additional counterweight carriage.

Below I will list crane's functions.

RC:

1,2) Chassis drive and steering - one L motor for each track. 

3) Superstructure rotation

4) Operator's cabin uplifting via small linear actuator

5) Main boom winch

6) Luffing Jib winch -  winch is located on the main boom like in the original model

7) First hook  winch

8) Second hook winch - winch is located on the main boom like in the original model

Manual:

1) Derrick boom winch  - needs only when assembling/disassembling crane

2) Addiction counterweight extensioin - need to balance crane under heavy loads

3) Addiction counterweight up/low - need to balance crane under heavy loads or without a load

4) Addiction counterweight steering  - need to steer wheels in the counterweight carriage when superstructure rotating and need to make wheels parallel to move crane forward or backward 

5) Chassis uplifting - chassis have installed four small linear actuators which can lift the chassis under the ground to put on tracks like in the real Liebherr!!

640x358.jpg

As TLG doesn't have any pulleys of 0.5 stud wide and with the pin hole in the center and 3D parts are too expensive I decided to drill the original ones. 

Firstly I used 4 mm drill to make a round hole instead of an axle, after 4,5 mm and finished with the 5 mm drill. No any part was broke.

And this time I already has video to show you:

And a couple of photos. https://bricksafe.com/pages/Aleh/liebherr_lr_11000

800x862.jpg

800x1067.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x1012.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Hope you will like it. Feel free to ask any questions. Also very appreciate critics.
But for sure my wife definitely will not stand another crane 
To start building i was inspired by the set 42042 - I love it too moch!

Edited by Aleh

I do like 42042 as well. A one of the best sets ever in my opinion.

Edited by Yevhen

@Yevhen As I've already written pulleus are drillen in the center and they do rotate, yes.

@BrickbyBrickTechnicOriginal backgrounf you can see at the last photo :laugh: White background - many hours of photoshop :wacko:, especially for the main photo. And thanks for voting for HoF for my MOC not for the first time!!

Wow this really is amazing. I've been wanting to build a crane this size, but I lack the imagination and creativity to come up with something this huge where everything actually works. I notice that the description on the youtube video says "building instructions coming soon" I'll be looking forward to those, I'm definitely going to try and build this crane once they become available. 

Just one question: What kind of string are you using? 

21 hours ago, Tyranyth said:

Just one question: What kind of string are you using? 

Hi, thanks for the feedback! Appreciate you like it! I purchased 200m string coil (hoist) at the local hardware store. I may post a photo in the evening.

20 hours ago, bj51 said:

How much can it lift ?

Depends on how much you will put on the counterweight, but with the luffing jib installed not to much, if to be honest.

On 10/23/2018 at 8:04 PM, Tyranyth said:

Thank you for creating the building instructions.

Are are more than welcome!

2 hours ago, Snorrowitz said:

Wait, this massive crane is under 4000 Pieces? Why can't TLG create something this epic, with that amount of parts?

True Mate!

There are several reasons and I'm not talking even about strings - TLG will not include six BB into one set or tens of counterweight parts.

But I'm sure TLG can find a solution if the need. :classic:

I’m glad you finally finished your MOC. The result is really impressive! Great that you have also created building instructions. Having seen a similar crane in summer, without the extensions though, I feel that the only things that are not in scale are the tracks. Have you considered creating the tracks from normal Lego parts to make them wider and longer ... that is my only slight criticism. Again bravo!

Here is a picture to illustrate what I mean:

800x600.jpg

600x800.jpg

Edited by WvG_853
Added picture

13 hours ago, WvG_853 said:

I’m glad you finally finished your MOC. The result is really impressive! Great that you have also created building instructions. Having seen a similar crane in summer, without the extensions though, I feel that the only things that are not in scale are the tracks. Have you considered creating the tracks from normal Lego parts to make them wider and longer ... that is my only slight criticism. Again bravo!

Here is a picture to illustrate what I mean:

Hey! Thanks a lot for your critics! Very appreciate you spent your time! During building I have used official Liebherr LR 11000 guide:
You attach images from another model, but my tracks sometimes really  looks too short. 

I will take into account these moments if decide to build updated version :)

liebherr-lr-11000-neutral.jpg