There are for sure some ugly B-models (and A). I just thought of I when i tinkered with the model that got med back from the dark age, my favorite when I was a kid: 8849.

8849_b.png

I´m not sure how to show pictures in this forum directly. But if you know how, please do that in the answers, it´s much easier to follow than a link or a model number.

[edit: now with picture]

Edited by Markurius

To insert pictures, upload them somewhere else on the internet.

On the bottom right when creating a new post a button will appear: "Insert other media"

Then you click "insert from URL"

Well, there can only be one true winner...

maxresdefault.jpg

But actually, the first that came to my mind is 8052...

10406433-1300439802-305000.jpg

Edited by Erik Leppen

24 minutes ago, HallBricks said:

I agree with @Erik Leppen, 42070-B is the worst of them all. 

But I think 42029-B is pretty ugly too...

I actually think the skidder is rather cool. It's the biggest and fullest-featured skidder ever made by TLG and looks good for something built from a completely different model.

Here's a lovely competitor:

alternate.png

@Maaboo35 You're probably right, I never built it so I probably shouldn't judge. I can add that I find building alternative models extremely challenging, and I'm impressed with how good B-models the designers can come up with. No wonder they have to make compromises sometimes.

1 hour ago, Polo-Freak said:

easy :laugh:

Oh come on! That's so not the ugliest! Nowhere near!

On a completely related topic, here's this:

002.jpg

I mean, look at it. I actually owned this set back in the day and every time I looked at it I couldn't get Shrek out of my head. I wonder why... :hmpf:

3 hours ago, Polo-Freak said:

easy :laugh:

[42000]

Good one, Polo :classic:

@Maaboo35 I say models with an ugly A model don't count :tongue: On a more serious note: I think 8465B isn't much worse than 8465A, so that's not really an "ugly B-model", it was just a bit of an ugly set. But that has much to do with the time it was released. Most Technic sets looked like that around 2000. When I think of ugly B models, I think about models that were a step down from other models of the same time.

42008 is a better contender, indeed. But most of its ugliness could have been prevented if the main model would have had dark-gray internals instead of red. In my opinion, 42008B is above all else a horrendous color clash.

43 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

42008 is a better contender, indeed. But most of its ugliness could have been prevented if the main model would have had dark-gray internals instead of red. In my opinion, 42008B is above all else a horrendous color clash.

When I got back into LEGO Technic a few years ago, 42008 was the first set that I bought. One of the main reasons I bought it was because of the green/red colour combination. :)

In regards to the OP, 8849 is one of the sets that I own that I got when I was a kid back in the 1980:s. I recon I have built more than 10 variations of that tractor in various colours. It was a great set to improve upon and ultimately I had it fully decked out with pneumatics including front end loader and all kinds of attachments. I've also built the b-model and I remember it being kind of a cool build. :)

Edited by zoo