Sign in to follow this  
Hurri

[WIP] Volvo EC160e

Hello! I'm Hurri, and first I want to apologise if my text have some misspellings (I'm from Finland so english is not my mother language :D ). I'm 18 years old forestmachine driver student from Finland. I start this topic because I want to show you my creations and if I get problems when I build something, I think you guys will help me! So let's start to tell something on this volvo. When I was 11 or 12 years old ( Oh boy It feels so old to say that) I get 8043 to christmas present. I love it, it was awesome, I play it like everyday but couple years later I take it apart and I start to desing new excavator with six power function engines. One night I was looking videos on youtube, and I see Teclem8 Volvo excavator, I look that and I was like "Wow, I want to build something like that". I change my plan little bit and now my plan is build a Volvo EC160e with bucket tiltator and quick bucket attachement. I'm tryint to make it fit same scale than Mercedes Benz Arocs, but now, some pictures!

14617201.jpg

14617202.jpg

14617203.jpg

So tell me if you see any weak points or something else on my buildings, If you hava building tips, tell me! :) 

Hi Hurri, welcome!

I'm a rookie myself but from what I can tell, it looks like you're off to a good start. In any case, don't be afraid of test-building, tearing down and rebuilding - it's a great way to learn and quite a common one, too.

Any particular reason for 1:17 (Arocs) scale? The accurators are not long enough for much smaller scale. I have build EW160e using pneumatics in scale 1:21,5 and pneumatics have better range and even with that some movements were slightly limited. The range of movement in 1:17 using LA's will be half of real machine's range.

6 hours ago, suffocation said:

Hi Hurri, welcome!

I'm a rookie myself but from what I can tell, it looks like you're off to a good start. In any case, don't be afraid of test-building, tearing down and rebuilding - it's a great way to learn and quite a common one, too.

Thanks! Yea! I use this tactic a lot, I also look my old lego technic building instructions to found different building styles! 

Ivan, reason why I want to build it on 1:17 scale, is it I want my excavator is same scale than my trucks are, you are right when you say pneumatics are better than LA, but I want to make my excavator run smooth so I will use LA. I'm going to build two autovalve pneumatic cylinders, one for tilting bucket and other for bucket quick attachement. I also have been think to build in future forestmachine like John Deere 1110E, and I think it will fit to 1:17 scale very good.  

1:17 is also my scale, I think it is ok for medium sized machines like the EC 160 E :wink: . Linear Actuator extension is good in my opinion at this scale, and you can always work on connection point to increase the range of movement of the arms.

Concerning the progress so far, my suggestion is to check gear reduction of the tracks, and also tracks tension (they look a little "soft")

Keep us updated!

Hello! Little update what I did on thursday! Colors are not match to real model, but I'm going to change them, I just test does my ideas work, and I think they work very good! I need to order more motors and pneumatic pumps and cylinders to make boom ready. I also look my lego storages and found some lego tools, so I think if I found some space I build a tool box there and something else details, like computer on cabin etc, If you invent anything cool, let me know! :laugh: 

Mpj, I check track gear reduction and it was little fast but I think I can solve that problem when I change some gears, reason why tracks look soft is that because other side doesn't have yet track tightener.

14618284.jpg

14618287.jpg

14618283.jpg

14618285.jpg

On 9/19/2018 at 2:21 PM, Hurri said:

I also have been think to build in future forestmachine like John Deere 1110E, and I think it will fit to 1:17 scale very good.  

Perhaps you could make Deere 843 with CLAAS tires in 1:17 scale :wink: