Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

Not much of a ST fan so I skipped those two, but Yoda... This is where the fun begins.

lol.

I also skipped the other two for being ST, but I'll skip this one too, especially if the other certain unmentionable UCS set rumor turns out to be true. My wallet needs some time to recover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

75244 has been posted on several European Amazon.com sites, with a slated availability date of August 2, which fits well for a May the Fourth release after a window of exclusivity through the LEGO Shop.  Of interest, the box dimensions are listed as 58.2 x 10.3 x 37.8 cm, which is just slightly deeper than 75144 "Snowspeeder" and 75181 "Y-Wing Starfighter", but with nearly the same length and width.  Obviously, all details are confidential, and these numbers could be dubious at best, but also of interest is the item weight, 5.79 kg.  I am no pro at the metric system, but this is ludicrously heavy for the solidly rumored price and piece count.  Even the largest, heaviest pieces ever would be hard pressed to make a 1768-piece set weigh nearly as much as 75159 "Death Star."

But wait, there's more!  Per Bricklink, 75144 weighs 
2530g, and 75181 weighs 2478g.  Respectively, 5.79 lbs and 5.57 lbs.

If the scarce listing on the European Amazon.com sites, whether intentionally or accidentally, mixed up kilograms and pounds (and believe me, stranger things have happened), that would leave us with a box that has nearly the same weight and front dimensions as 75144, but slightly deeper, either to accommodate larger pieces, or just because TLG works in mysterious ways.  I'm not claiming this as a hard fact, but I wasn't sure where else to post it, so make of it what you will.

This sleuthing probably means almost nothing, except for one thing I noticed while crunching numbers: Brickset doesn't have a set listing for 75244, and I'm pretty sure they had one before.  Does this mean someone is modifying it, or am I reading too much into this?

Edited by RogueTwo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@RogueTwo 10019 is 4.6kg so it’s possible, though with current building techniques you’re probably closed to 10198’s weight of 2.1kg

Guess we wait and see. Good job digging though :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, snoozle said:

Wicket though...still doesn't look like Wicket, imho. Made a comparison, shouldn't be hard for lego to change the print into this:

 

Wow you made him look like Wicket!  They totally have to make him like this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Borex said:

Wow you made him look like Wicket!  They totally have to make him like this. 

I think they could have just made a completely new print on a ewok with other colors, why make a wicket which I'm pretty sure most of the kids dont know the difference from one ewok to another, it's not like they call each other names in the movie anyway (and how many kids have seen the ewok movies + the cartoon series) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First Episode IX leak to surface is that we will be getting a new Falcon. It is rumoured to include an old Lando.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first Episode IX set rumour has started to make the rounds and it‘s quite a predictable one: a „new“ Falcon :tongue: The only new thing about it will probably be the radar dish and the minifig selection (with old man Lando being rumored).

It‘s a bit too early for Episode IX leaks for my liking, especially when considering we don‘t have any information for some themes that are supposed to be released four months earlier than those sets :oh3: Then again, we already know about the Yoda statue...

Edit: Ninja‘d

Edited by Lego-Freak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hooray, another falcon with another new radar dish in another new color ... it's never too early ...

while old lando [and nien nunb] would be amazing fan service, it is really too early to call the exact fig lineups ...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Renown said:

First Episode IX leak to surface is that we will be getting a new Falcon. It is rumoured to include an old Lando.

I'm patiently awaiting a new original trilogy MF. It might be a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

I think they could have just made a completely new print on a ewok with other colors, why make a wicket which I'm pretty sure most of the kids dont know the difference from one ewok to another, it's not like they call each other names in the movie anyway (and how many kids have seen the ewok movies + the cartoon series) 

Well right now it is just that generic ewok that you talk of. (I knew all ewoks by name btw when i was a kid)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another Falcon indeed'd be sweet :grin: You never can have enough Falcons. My dream is making my - future - electric car sound like the Falcon. And the 2017 advent calendar nano Falcon is the perfect hand charmer and little play tool for your office desk. Mine's almost worn out from subconsciously fiddling with it so much. You see? You can never have enough Falcons. So bring it on! :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, wow 3rd system scale Falcon since 2015. I already got TFA one and Solo version. Don't need another one unless they radically change its design. Hopefully old Lando won't be in most expensive set of the wave, but who am I kidding? Of course lego will put him in most expensive set!

Edited by benderisgreat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind another Falcon, the last ST version is 4 years old by the time the Episode IX sets are released and the Solo version might not even be around any more by then. Even if it was, it can't really serve as a substitute for kids who want a Falcon to swoosh around after seeing the film, they're just too dissimilar with the color scheme and everything :grin: Personally, I fully expected a new Falcon as soon as I saw TLJ, where the hunk of junk once again lost its radar dish, justifying a new version. This is SW we're speaking of after all :tongue:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Borex said:

Well right now it is just that generic ewok that you talk of. (I knew all ewoks by name btw when i was a kid)

Well, I couldn't and I was still a star fan (not like an autistic one, but still) And most kids who get SW lego for presents are neither...

16 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Lego understands that the Millennium Falcon should always be available to consumers, since it's just such a classic.

Not enough, minimum half of the sets available should be Falcons, minimum. I don't want anything else, I don't even eat chicken, only Falcons, breakfast, lunch, dinner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sneakguest said:

Well, I couldn't and I was still a star fan (not like an autistic one, but still) And most kids who get SW lego for presents are neither...

Not enough, minimum half of the sets available should be Falcons, minimum. I don't want anything else, I don't even eat chicken, only Falcons, breakfast, lunch, dinner. 

I'm waiting for "Unkar Plutt's Millennium Falcon", "Ducain's Millennium Falcon", and "Irving Boys Millennium Falcon" to be released. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eaglefan344 said:

I'm waiting for "Unkar Plutt's Millennium Falcon", "Ducain's Millennium Falcon", and "Irving Boys Millennium Falcon" to be released. 

Lol.

5 hours ago, Eaglefan344 said:

I'm patiently awaiting a new original trilogy MF. It might be a while.

Yeah, we'll have to wait for 2020 when no SW movie releases and we can get waves of stuff we missed from solo and rogue one, or stuff from the original trilogy that we haven't had in a while like the tie bomber and falcon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't really need another Falcon but it's no surprise another one is coming. It will be interesting to see how much is changed over the previous versions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A new wedge plate was introduced with the new Slave I, so maybe it'll show up in this new falcon and we'll finally have something slightly less horribly gappy. That'd be a worthwhile update IMO.

Edited by Magmafrost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Well, I couldn't and I was still a star fan (not like an autistic one, but still) And most kids who get SW lego for presents are neither...

Not enough, minimum half of the sets available should be Falcons, minimum. I don't want anything else, I don't even eat chicken, only Falcons, breakfast, lunch, dinner. 

As someone on the spectrum, I'm not sure whether to be annoyed or complimented by your post.  :sceptic:  :blush:  I never liked the Ewoks, though.
And, come on, you know you have a Snowspeeder before your dinner Falcon.  Everyone does.

Also, where did this Falcon rumor come from?  

A new one would be neither a surprise (to be sure), nor particularly welcome, but it makes a lot of sense.  The TFA Falcon was one of the best-selling LEGO Star Wars sets of all time, and they have to work off the assumption that once a set is retired, it is inaccessible to kids and their parents.  If people will buy a new Falcon at a LEGO Store instead of on eBay, or from a reseller on Amazon, that''s a big win for The LEGO Group.  The only problem I see is that I don't think any Star Wars movie will ever again be as successful or well-merchandised as The Force Awakens.  Add to that (or subtract, rather) the kids who were old enough to get the last Falcon from 2015, or the adults who already bought a UCS Falcon and will never again buy any iteration of that ship for the rest of their lives, and I think sales will be disappointing.  Not to mention, it's sure to cost at least as much as the version from Solo, and if the design strays too far from the OT variant, some people will be put off.  So...no pressure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As toys, the previous 3 versions of the system MF (Solo, TFA, and 7965) have done a great job at representing the ship whilst balancing aesthetics with interior.

Saying that, I do hope the IX iteration offers a radical overhaul in the existing design. If the new 20th Anniversary Slave I does such a great job in downscaling the overall look of the UCS rendition, I’m hopeful that a new MF will offer enough of an incentive for who already possess some of the previous versions. 

Absolutely excited to see the IX lineup. So far this year’s offerings have mostly fallen flat for me, but I’m hopeful that Lego has something special planned come Triple Force Friday. New ships, new characters, so much to anticipate. I pray that the spoiler-averse approach towards merchandising for these films doesn’t prove to be too much of a detriment to the appeal of these sets.

Edited by Kaijumeister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

As someone on the spectrum, I'm not sure whether to be annoyed or complimented by your post.  :sceptic:  :blush:  I never liked the Ewoks, though.
And, come on, you know you have a Snowspeeder before your dinner Falcon.  Everyone does.

Also, where did this Falcon rumor come from?  

A new one would be neither a surprise (to be sure), nor particularly welcome, but it makes a lot of sense.  The TFA Falcon was one of the best-selling LEGO Star Wars sets of all time, and they have to work off the assumption that once a set is retired, it is inaccessible to kids and their parents.  If people will buy a new Falcon at a LEGO Store instead of on eBay, or from a reseller on Amazon, that''s a big win for The LEGO Group.  The only problem I see is that I don't think any Star Wars movie will ever again be as successful or well-merchandised as The Force Awakens.  Add to that (or subtract, rather) the kids who were old enough to get the last Falcon from 2015, or the adults who already bought a UCS Falcon and will never again buy any iteration of that ship for the rest of their lives, and I think sales will be disappointing.  Not to mention, it's sure to cost at least as much as the version from Solo, and if the design strays too far from the OT variant, some people will be put off.  So...no pressure.

Feel complimented for sure, its always better to look at the glass half full ;). Jokes aside, sorry if u think it sounded a bit harsh, which it did, but the point is still valid I think, very few young kids know absolutely everything about a certain topic, if there is not something else behind.

And good analysis btw, that is probably how they think, but they still fail the time gap, it’s just two soon between 3 system and one UCS.

Hehe, concerning the dining, for sure, but the problem still remains, the dinner portion become to large, and it’s always better to eat more for lunch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

So far this year’s offerings have mostly fallen flat for me, but I’m hopeful that Lego has something special planned come Triple Force Friday. New ships, new characters, so much to anticipate. I pray that the spoiler-averse approach towards merchandising for these films doesn’t prove to be too much of a detriment to the appeal of these sets.

I also can't wait, but there's a part of me that feels like the film (and thus the Lego sets) may be somewhat lacking in the new ships department (although it sounds like there'll be a ton of new characters to translate into minifig form). 

I don't know if you've ever read The Art of the Force Awakens, but it starts off with all these wonderful new designs, and after J.J. Abrams comes aboard everything starts to look more and more like the Original Trilogy. 

So personally alongside that supposed new Falcon I imagine we'll be getting at least one new X-Wing and maybe even another TIE too. 

Still, if they're good enough improvements, I won't mind. I only have Poe's X-Wing, the Millennium Falcon and Luke's hut from the ST sets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2019 at 3:27 AM, RogueTwo said:

75244 has been posted on several European Amazon.com sites, with a slated availability date of August 2, which fits well for a May the Fourth release after a window of exclusivity through the LEGO Shop.  Of interest, the box dimensions are listed as 58.2 x 10.3 x 37.8 cm, which is just slightly deeper than 75144 "Snowspeeder" and 75181 "Y-Wing Starfighter", but with nearly the same length and width.  Obviously, all details are confidential, and these numbers could be dubious at best, but also of interest is the item weight, 5.79 kg.  I am no pro at the metric system, but this is ludicrously heavy for the solidly rumored price and piece count.  Even the largest, heaviest pieces ever would be hard pressed to make a 1768-piece set weigh nearly as much as 75159 "Death Star."

But wait, there's more!  Per Bricklink, 75144 weighs 
2530g, and 75181 weighs 2478g.  Respectively, 5.79 lbs and 5.57 lbs.

If the scarce listing on the European Amazon.com sites, whether intentionally or accidentally, mixed up kilograms and pounds (and believe me, stranger things have happened), that would leave us with a box that has nearly the same weight and front dimensions as 75144, but slightly deeper, either to accommodate larger pieces, or just because TLG works in mysterious ways.  I'm not claiming this as a hard fact, but I wasn't sure where else to post it, so make of it what you will.

This sleuthing probably means almost nothing, except for one thing I noticed while crunching numbers: Brickset doesn't have a set listing for 75244, and I'm pretty sure they had one before.  Does this mean someone is modifying it, or am I reading too much into this?

It´s likely that Amazon are using volumetric weight based on box dimensions as that is how they work out shipping costs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now