Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, Renown said:

Any chance that they are the Resistance Lifeboat and V-19 confirmed a while ago by Sir von Lego? 

A while ago is like a year ago, they probably got cancelled.

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

This is a Star Wars 2019 set discussion thread. Just look on eBay or go to one of the Marvel threads and ask around.

You know it does get kind of irritating that most of what you contribute to this thread is different variations of “I know something that you don’t, deal with it”. If you’re not going to share what you know, then just don’t post about knowing things

Yes, I feel this is kind of just him holding knowledge over our heads. Saying he knows something and not revealing it adds nothing to this thread except negativity.

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

No offense, but MnR kinda proved to be reliable in the past, so I chose to believe him when he said Mustafar duel is coming in Sumer wave. Only time will tell if he’s right about this set.

i think that if MnR says we will get a mustafar duel, we will. MnR leaked Vader's castle, right?

9 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

i think that if MnR says we will get a mustafar duel, we will. MnR leaked Vader's castle, right?

As far as I know, he was the first to bring it up, but it’s also really the only reliable thing he’s said. He’s honestly kind of a buffoon. Plus he got the info from other sources, I’m not sure if it’s a consistent source for him or not. But everyone said it wasn’t gonna happen and it did so it did boost my trust in him a little bit. But as far as I’m concerned, he isn’t a very trustworthy source yet. If he’s told us is true, he will have gained my trust.

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Neither source has been completely reliable in the past. MnR may have been first with Vader's Castle but his Cloud City rumors were way off the mark even right up to the night of the set's unveiling, while the last time Tidy implied to have inside information 75243 Slave I was going to include something extra in addition to the ship that was the reason behind the increased price/piece count.

23 minutes ago, wesker said:

Tidy implied 75243 Slave I was going to include something extra in addition to the ship that was the reason behind the increased price/piece count.

sure did, i swore up and down even after the first images came out i was expecting to see more ... but looking back, kinda glad i misunderstood a comment ... i know when to say oops ... 

22 minutes ago, Tidy said:

sure did, i swore up and down even after the first images came out i was expecting to see more ... but looking back, kinda glad i misunderstood a comment ... i know when to say oops ... 

Yeah man, I apologize for my previous comment. I don’t want any issues on here. For whatever reason, something rubbed me the wrong way and I reacted. This is a complicated hobby sometimes. But I apologize

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

If he’s told us is true, he will have gained my trust.

Nice one, Mace!  :laugh:

Although, technically, Anakin was telling the truth, he just had...loyalty issues.  :vader: :tongue:

7 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

I really think that the Tantive IV should include Bail Organa (Rogue One).

Even though he wasn't on the ship at the opening of A New Hope, when else are we ever going to get him??

But hopefully the lineup is:

Leia, C-3PO, R2-D2, Raymus Antilles, 2 Rebel Troopers (1 Red, 1 Blue), Vader, 2 Stormtroopers

Hopefully is a good word for wishlisting.

STOP IT! I’m running out of ways to say it nicely.

As for people choosing what to share...I can see both sides of this. I knew of the reissued UCS Falcon months before I dropped any hints...I couldn’t say anything otherwise some people, those of you that have nothing to do but study stupid shit on the net, would have figured out that maybe I worked for a specific company with specific info.  Add to that those of you who think your goal in life is to be internet famous will then go and post the info wherever you feel the need to. To those people, you really need to get some better goals.

Too much? Too harsh? Suck it up!  Way too many people have been treating others like crap in this forum. I see plenty of gripes about how LEGO sucks with their selection of forthcoming kits; why they didn’t choose “this” figure but chose “this” figure; how bad it is that we don’t get redesigned faces and overmoulded arms and legs...

TLG is a company that wants to make money (they really love control too) and most of the time, they are way behind on things they shouldn’t be. You don’t like it, great, this is the place to voice your opinion. But it’s just that, YOUR opinion! Someone else is allowed to differ with your view. There is no need to act like an asshole, yes I just typed that, because someone doesn’t do things the way you do...or they don’t share your same view. They aren’t wrong, they’re just different. Different views are allowed in here. There’s way too much of this high and mighty crap in the community lately and as long as I’m in here, I refuse to allow it. 

So please, speak freely, speak honestly, but if you choose to act like a tool...I got a shed I can put you in.

Any questions or concerns, feel free to message me directly or post them in my favorite thread on the site.

Stash

The date of Force Friday III (aka Triple Force Friday) has been announced and it‘s the 4th of October. It‘s called TFF because it concerns two other upcoming properties as well, namely Fallen Order and The Mandalorian. Maybe the two mystery sets are based on either of those two properties? :sweet:

Edited by Lego-Freak

11 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yeah man, I apologize for my previous comment. I don’t want any issues on here. For whatever reason, something rubbed me the wrong way and I reacted. This is a complicated hobby sometimes. But I apologize

water under the bridge ... today is a new day ... =]

Really excited about the news of Triple Force Friday. Seeing as Lucasfilm will be promoting Ep. IX, the Mandalorian and Fallen Order, I'm pretty sure we'll get Lego sets for each of these (though likely the bulk of the wave from IX). Obviously very keen to get figures and sets from Ep. IX, but also keen to hopefully get some sets from the Mandalorian. I also have a really good feeling about Fallen Order seeing as it's being developed by Respawn, and if that game's good I'd also be keen to pick up a set based on that. 

There are 8 sets coming in October, 6 of them being EP9 sets. Do you think one of them could be Mandalorian set and the second Fallen Order set? Or maybe two Mandalorian sets?

I like the Rey v Kylo set. I won't be picking it up as I already have both figures but it is great kids can get two main characters and a small section of an iconic scene. Here's hoping they'll release more sets like that in future. 

4 hours ago, JoshSpills said:

Really excited about the news of Triple Force Friday. Seeing as Lucasfilm will be promoting Ep. IX, the Mandalorian and Fallen Order, I'm pretty sure we'll get Lego sets for each of these (though likely the bulk of the wave from IX). Obviously very keen to get figures and sets from Ep. IX, but also keen to hopefully get some sets from the Mandalorian. I also have a really good feeling about Fallen Order seeing as it's being developed by Respawn, and if that game's good I'd also be keen to pick up a set based on that. 

Bear in mind, ForceFriday covers most of the major SW licensees, not just LEGO, and not all licensees will have product supporting all three properties. For the past few years, Hasbro and others have been quick to embrace new shows/secondary media, whereas LEGO has not. Probably because they got burned by Rebels sets which sold really poorly. Take Resistance, for example... LEGO won't end up shipping any sets for the show until after its initial season has ended, whereas Hasbro announced their Resistance toys last fall. So, I would be surprised if LEGO launched product For The Mandalorian or Fallen Order this year (Fallen Order seems especially unlikely, given how flakey EA is releasing SW games and how few game-related LEGO sets there have been).

There are plenty of other things that those two October sets could be.... sets from any of the existing movies, Clone Wars, another Resistance set or two, or something completely left field (we've gotten a lot of that this year). Another brick-built statue, or a brick-built lightsaber, or a Star Wars chess set for instance (they did one with pirates and another with knights in years past).

And before anyone interprets the above as wish-listing... the point here is: don't jump to the conclusion that those two sets are any particular thing. They could be almost anything.

Edited by jdubbs

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

Bear in mind, ForceFriday covers most of the major SW licensees, not just LEGO, and not all licensees will have product supporting all three properties. For the past few years, Hasbro and others have been quick to embrace new shows/secondary media, whereas LEGO has not. Probably because they got burned by Rebels sets which sold really poorly. Take Resistance, for example... LEGO won't end up shipping any sets for the show until after its initial season has ended, whereas Hasbro announced their Resistance toys last fall. So, I would be surprised if LEGO launched product For The Mandalorian or Fallen Order this year (Fallen Order seems especially unlikely, given how flakey EA is releasing SW games and how few game-related LEGO sets there have been).

Although it's historically been true that there haven't been many game-related sets, there've been sets from every game released since Disney took over the license (all two of them). We don't have enough information to meaningfully speculate about why the Resistance sets are so delayed, but so far that's the only media that's been treated so poorly; I would be hesitant to predict that that'll be the norm in the future on the basis of one data point.

Maybe, but it seems pretty clear that LEGO is playing it very conservatively with Star Wars sets this year. You don't have to look much further than the January and April waves to see that.. dusted-off reissues of old builds and figs, zero effort expended to speak of (Slave 1 being the obvious exception). I just don't see LEGO taking chances on unproven media when they're barely taking chances with the stuff that actually sells.

And the few game-related sets we got were mere battlepacks, one of which followed the game by over a year? 

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

zero effort expended to speak of (Slave 1 being the obvious exception). I just don't see LEGO taking chances on unproven media when they're barely taking chances with the stuff that actually sells.

Let's wait for Vonreg's TIE and Black Ace. The Vonreg minifig and Black Ace's helmet look really promising.

Edited by m4st3rt3ch

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

And the few game-related sets we got were mere battlepacks, one of which followed the game by over a year? 

We got some interesting sets from SWTOR.

3 hours ago, dvogon said:

We got some interesting sets from SWTOR.

is that what the sith fury class was from?

Edited by Tidy

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

is that what the sith fury class was from?

Yes, as well as the Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser, Republic Striker Starfighter, and Republic Troopers vs Sith Troopers battle pack as well. It was covered pretty well. And Vader's Castle is arguably from a video game, too (some VR thing). Obviously the games don't get covered in the same way the movies do, but things have really picked up in the last few years. There definitely aren't any grounds on which to say that Fallen Order won't get any sets.

There's a post on instagram about the 2019 advent calender and the inclusion of Ach-To Luke from TLJ. No pic though...

Edited by Bardan_Jusik
oops

For a moment there I thought you meant a re-release of the figure from the Ahch-To Training set. Saw a post on Instagram with a photo from the film and it specifies it is actually the Jedi Exile version. Glad its finally coming and in an affordable set!

Glad to hear about a new version of Old Luke! Assuming it will be different than the one from Ahch-To Training, though..

The TTF sounds cool too. There isn't much known about the Jedi: Fallen Order game yet, but it's possible it will bring some cool sets, if LEGO decides to base sets on it.
I believe it's also expected they'll make sets for The Mandalorian?

Regards,
Mitch