Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Wow bacta suit Finn minifig is just great!

100% agreed. I always feel like Lego underdid it on the minifigure selection for the books, but this is a figure that probably never would have been made otherwise, and its got all exclusive prints. Really knocked it out of the park this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Star Wars-wise, this really is the best book exclusive minifig :thumbup: And now it‘s really getting ridiculous with the unequal variety of facial expressions for our four main characters in the ST: Kylo is about to have 6 (plus the mask & mask + hood combo), Finn has 7 now (3 double-sided heads and the one-sided one from his FO disguise), while Poe and Rey only have two each :grin: At least it may change soon, I sincerely hope they both get new ones in April (or for the Episode IX sets at the latest).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm more and more excited for the april-wave. If the ships get nearly as good as the recently leaked figures...poor wallet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bantha Fodder said:

Zuckuss looks just perfect. Great job TLG!

I'm however very dissapointed with the new Imperial and Rebel Snowtroopers. It's so weird that Lego keeps changing colors... Now the rebels are back to tan legs and hats, and the imperials have tan hands... why?

BTW: There is a picture of a new Han in Stormtrooper disguise minifig - with the new helmet. Does that mean the last unnamed anniversary set is a Death Star detention block set? Or is it the minifig from a polybag or something?

Could be a running change to the UCS Death Star? Like how they updated TFA Stormtroopers to TLJ designs in the battlepack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Could be a running change to the UCS Death Star? Like how they updated TFA Stormtroopers to TLJ designs in the battlepack.

Yes I was wondering if they would do that as I presume that set is going to be around for a few years yet. CC will probably stay the same though as that will likely be retired within 2 years, although I suppose it could get a running change if Lego no longer wants to produce the old helmet. They still have old Sandtroopers in the Landing Craft though so likely only the DS will get updated in time I would think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

Could be a running change to the UCS Death Star? Like how they updated TFA Stormtroopers to TLJ designs in the battlepack.

 

33 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Yes I was wondering if they would do that as I presume that set is going to be around for a few years yet. CC will probably stay the same though as that will likely be retired within 2 years, although I suppose it could get a running change if Lego no longer wants to produce the old helmet. They still have old Sandtroopers in the Landing Craft though so likely only the DS will get updated in time I would think.

Yes, that is another possibility. 

But I really do not hope so. If TLG is going to be constantly "updating" existing sets (like the strange situation with the resistance bomber), that would be a total headache for us AFOLs...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

 And now it‘s really getting ridiculous with the unequal variety of facial expressions for our four main characters in the ST: Kylo is about to have 6 (plus the mask & mask + hood combo), Finn has 7 now (3 double-sided heads and the one-sided one from his FO disguise), while Poe and Rey only have two each :grin: At least it may change soon, I sincerely hope they both get new ones in April (or for the Episode IX sets at the latest).

Poe especially, the angry face especially looks more like Nic Cage than Oscar Isaac, and Im really not sure how you screw up *that* badly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I remember correctly as well, the original 10188 Death Star, also has changes to some of its figures, like replacing Han’s face from the traditional smirk to the 2011 head. So yeah, it wouldn’t surprise me if that was the case here. That also might mean Luke and the other Stormtroopers in the set will be changed too.

Zuckuss, looks excellent! It took us 20 years, but we got him in the end! Also really impressed with the Finn minifigure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a consistent release schedule for the UCS sets? If not, is there any info on when the first one of the year will be released? I am unwisely hoping for a Tantive IV without any substantial evidence leaning towards that being the UCS set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally dont like the new Zuckuss that much, think the custom I have look way better, the color is off plus they have printed his tentacles, not nice at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Henry Bricklider said:

Is there a consistent release schedule for the UCS sets? If not, is there any info on when the first one of the year will be released? I am unwisely hoping for a Tantive IV without any substantial evidence leaning towards that being the UCS set.

Typically a "smaller" (1500 - 2000 pieces) UCS is released on May 4th and a larger one some time in september or october

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Personally dont like the new Zuckuss that much, think the custom I have look way better, the color is off plus they have printed his tentacles, not nice at all.

Image result for zuckussI think the color is pretty accurate. the tentacles don't stick out that much so i'm fine with them being printed even though, it would have been nicer to see molded ones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fine with the tentacles being printed. Even with rubber I can't imagine they would've been very durable and the way they wrap around the body would've made it awkward putting the figure together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think the tentacles would have worked due to playability and durability.

i personally think that moulded head looks superior to any custom I’ve seen and the colour palette looks good too.

An excellent way to round off the Bounty Hunters. Now I’ll have all six of them in Lego format, Kubrick figures and Hot Toys/Sideshow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new Kylo figure got leaked. It's got impressive damage on the outfit, and a bullet-hole on the torso and an oddly fresh face wound. This 100% confirms a Starkiller Base Duel set. I wonder if we'll get a Finn with a big cut across the jacket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

The new Kylo figure got leaked. It's got impressive damage on the outfit, and a bullet-hole on the torso and an oddly fresh face wound. This 100% confirms a Starkiller Base Duel set. I wonder if we'll get a Finn with a big cut across the jacket.

From what we know, the set only includes Kylo and Rey :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

Typically a "smaller" (1500 - 2000 pieces) UCS is released on May 4th and a larger one some time in september or october

Okay. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brickwraith said:

What happened to the v-19 and resistance transport sir von lego confirmed before he left?

Maybe they were cancelled? :shrug_confused: SvL has never been wrong, so there has to be an explanation somewhere.

Different topic: I wonder if TLG will repeat their mistake from 2017 and have the Episode IX sets on display in a secret area of the showroom at the Nuremberg Toy Fair tomorrow :laugh_hard: Thanks to that happy little accident, we got our first glimpse of Rose two years ago (can't believe it's been this long!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, legosamsonite said:

My Walmart in Canada has price tags up for the 20th anniversary sets already.....

Interesting, how many are we looking at and how much are they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Maybe they were cancelled? :shrug_confused: SvL has never been wrong, so there has to be an explanation somewhere.

He didn't leave. He committed seppuku. He knew his info was wrong and couldn't live with the shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

He didn't leave. He committed seppuku. He knew his info was wrong and couldn't live with the shame.

This comment seems inappropriate to me.  I don't know what happened, but that seems like a culturally and socially insensitive joke.  :sad:

In other news, my Finch Dallow minifigure arrived from LEGO Customer Service.  I couldn't believe it arrived in less than two weeks with all the correct pieces!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brickwraith said:

What happened to the v-19 and resistance transport sir von lego confirmed before he left?

Maybe it will be released at a later date, with new dual moulded clone helmets!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.