Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Better pictures of the scout trooper are out there. This is the first updated helmet since the 2014 snowtrioper that I actually like. Looking forward to seeing the set it comes in.

The head of the 20th anniversary Vader is also floating around. It’s the same but in bley instead of old grey

When it comes to stormtroopers or massable figs the prints lining up really doesn't matter.  Torso and leg prints have equal chances of being shifted in any direction.  If you have multiple figs, just mix and match legs and torsos based on which way they are shifted and you'll end up with mostly aligned prints.

I think the scout trooper print details are great, if you look at a real prop helmet the design is very accurate.  It's very strange that they'll be producing the old version of the helmet for the AT-AP.  I wish different set designers would work together better about updating molds.

Edited by Tusserte

2 minutes ago, Tusserte said:

I think the scout trooper print details are great, if you look at a real prop helmet the design is very accurate.  It's very strange that they'll be producing the old version of the helmet for the AT-AP.  I wish different set designers would work together better about updating molds.

The helmets in the AT-AP are a different mold entirely that's never been used for an Imperial scout trooper. The original clone scout from 2005 used the same helmet as the original Imperial biker scouts, but the clones got a more accurate helmet in 2014 or so; this is the first time an Imperial scout trooper has appeared since then.

What AT AP are you all speaking of ?

Edit : Now i see which one.

Edited by w219
did a research

Just now, Kdapt-Preacher said:

The helmets in the AT-AP are a different mold entirely that's never been used for an Imperial scout trooper. The original clone scout from 2005 used the same helmet as the original Imperial biker scouts, but the clones got a more accurate helmet in 2014 or so; this is the first time an Imperial scout trooper has appeared since then.

Fair point, I was kind of assuming that clone scout trooper = scout trooper.  I think that helmet design could have been improved by similar dual molding changes.

Edited by Tusserte

41 minutes ago, Tusserte said:

This upset me initially at first as well.  I was actually more confused that LEGO would create a separate helmet for the Imperial Scout Troopers when I’ve been waiting for them to update to the same helmet as the Clone Scout Troopers since 2014.  I looked into it, and after all these years I can’t believe I never realized the Clone Scout Trooper helmet is actually an entirely different phase of Scout Trooper armor than the Imperials.

There are three phases of Scout Trooper armor.  Phase I being seen on Clone ARF Troopers, Phase II seen on the Clone Scout Troopers from Revenge of the Sith, and Phase III being the Imperial Scout Trooper armor.

Compare any picture of Imperial Scout Troopers with the image below and you’ll see the visor is less profound and the helmet overall is more squared off than the Imperials.

3045A764-4DB4-4F2B-B532-DA5F558DC1FD.jpeg

Edited by Skyhammer

I like the new scout tropper helmet and the imperial ones more than the clone wars ones. I hope the helmet isn't too big being dual molded as the last rebel pilot helmet. I have still to see in person the new dual molded storm trooper helmet, though. Keeping fingers crossed :excited: 

On the printing topic, non-perfect printing is fine with me, even if not completely accurate as Lego are just toys with deformed minifig bodies, and never will be (specially Lego ones) too accurate, neither the figs nor the ships/locations. I think printing accuracy is a tradeoff with mass production and keeping price reasonable. 

Edited by dvogon

15 hours ago, dvogon said:

I like the new scout tropper helmet and the imperial ones more than the clone wars ones. I hope the helmet isn't too big being dual molded as the last rebel pilot helmet. I have still to see in person the new dual molded storm trooper helmet, though. Keeping fingers crossed :excited: 

On the printing topic, non-perfect printing is fine with me, even if not completely accurate as Lego are just toys with deformed minifig bodies, and never will be (specially Lego ones) too accurate, neither the figs nor the ships/locations. I think printing accuracy is a tradeoff with mass production and keeping price reasonable. 

I would agree if SW was a less expensive theme, but given the price of most sets I would like to see quality printing.

Edited by Cyberfounder

Generic Wookiees have only appeared in ROTS, Rebels and Solo (even though that one was named). My guess would be ROTS and therefore the Clone Scout Walker. Kinda morbid if you think about it... *huh*

Makes sense the Clone Scout Walker would be Kashyyyk themed coming out so soon after the Droid Gunship and AT-AP. Its the only known set in the upcoming wave a generic Wookie would fit into. Still nice to get a new variant even if the differences are minor compared to the Rebels versions.

Just now, GryffindorResistance said:

So does this mean the Clone scout walker is Kashyyk related with the same camo clones as always???? :sad:

It was always going to be Kashyyyk-related, given it’s a remake of the 2005 set (and I don’t think we see it elsewhere in ROTS). We don’t know what else is included, so a proper AT-RT driver isn’t off the table yet :wink: I wouldn’t count on it though

Edited by Lego-Freak

37 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Generic Wookiees have only appeared in ROTS, Rebels and Solo (even though that one was named). My guess would be ROTS and therefore the Clone Scout Walker. Kinda morbid if you think about it... *huh*

I believe in the original screenplay of the film, the dead Wookiees in the catamaran were supposed to be Tarfful and Chewbacca "playing dead," with Yoda pretending to be a mad little swamp creature (kind of like in Empire) to distract the clones.  That would have made it slightly less morbid...  :laugh:  I could be mis-remembering this, though.  

Anyway, I think the Wookiee looks terrible.  IMO, the Chewbacca and Wookiee Warriors from 2005 look better than the ones today.  Maybe it's the dark brown that I don't like, maybe it's the fangs, maybe it's the swirly flame printing to add detail, I don't know.  Maybe they just need longer legs instead of bizarrely tall torso covers.  :wacko:

I do like the two new OT Imperial troopers though.  And if we're seeing leaks from the anniversary sets now, hopefully we'll soon see what kind of pilots to expect in the new Snowspeeder!

Hello friends.
Does anyone have the two versions of the tarfful figure?
Today I received the set 75233, and I can not see the difference between the figure sw0530 and the new sw0993, for me it is the same figure ... An authentic disappointment. :-(
Before opening the new one, make a photo of the old torso of internally, where you can see the production number, which is the only thing different, thanks to that I have not mixed the figures.

33 minutes ago, manumi said:

Hello friends.
Does anyone have the two versions of the tarfful figure?
Today I received the set 75233, and I can not see the difference between the figure sw0530 and the new sw0993, for me it is the same figure ... An authentic disappointment. :-(
Before opening the new one, make a photo of the old torso of internally, where you can see the production number, which is the only thing different, thanks to that I have not mixed the figures.

As far as I was aware they were the same. One reason I'm not planning on getting the gunship as I have sw0530. I know the new Gree in the walker has a tiny colour change for the strap on one leg so is technically an update, but can't see how Tarfful is different.

EDIT: Just compared by minifigure sw0530 to a youtube review on the new set. From what I can tell there is zero difference. And really, if the change is that minor that we all can't tell straight away then it might as well be the same figure anyway.

Edited by BacktoBricks

48 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

The Unknown Anniversary Set, 75260 is $29.99

I hope it’s from Episode VI. So far (assuming the Slave I is Jango’s) we have one from each episode, not counting the new ones, except for episode VI. I like the idea of that continuity.

6 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I hope it’s from Episode VI. So far (assuming the Slave I is Jango’s) we have one from each episode, not counting the new ones, except for episode VI. I like the idea of that continuity.

There's a saying about the word "assume", you know...

Just now, jdubbs said:

There's a saying about the word "assume", you know...

I didn’t mean I actually assume it’s Jango’s, I meant the idea of each set being from a different movie rides on that being the case. Sorry, I should have been more clear on that.

15 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

If it were indeed to be, it would be a perfect opportunity to remake 7128 or 7139. 

7 minutes ago, Renown said:

If it were indeed to be, it would be a perfect opportunity to remake 7128 or 7139. 

There’s supposed to be a set similar to those coming out that isn’t part of anniversary line. It’s supposed to be one of those new “shooter game” type sets if I’m not mistaken.

2 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

There’s supposed to be a set similar to those coming out that isn’t part of anniversary line. It’s supposed to be one of those new “shooter game” type sets if I’m not mistaken.

That's 75238, "Action Attack Endor" or something to that effect.