Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Tariq j said:

each anniversary comes with a different coloured blaster and the aim is to collect all the colours? 

That would be so out of place for the SW theme. I couldn’t see that happening, particularly with pink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well whaddya know. I would not be surprised to see a pink blaster in a Star Wars set these days. It is maybe from Star Wars 9, who knows ? But i think the rumor wanting it to be from The Lego Movie 2 is the closest from reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, w219 said:

Well whaddya know. I would not be surprised to see a pink blaster in a Star Wars set these days. It is maybe from Star Wars 9, who knows ? But i think the rumor wanting it to be from The Lego Movie 2 is the closest from reality.

Or perhaps Overwatch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, w219 said:

Well whaddya know. I would not be surprised to see a pink blaster in a Star Wars set these days. It is maybe from Star Wars 9, who knows ? But i think the rumor wanting it to be from The Lego Movie 2 is the closest from reality.

It could possibly be from the rumoured Star Wars Resistance sets, one of the main characters, Torra, uses a lot of bright colors in outfit and weaponry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Commander Pyre from Resistance carries a gold F-11D. I don't think we've seen anybody with a pink blaster yet, but Torra would be a good bet. Those blasters have been used as structural pieces occasionally, too, such as the silver pistol in Defense of Crait, so we don't necessarily have to picture somebody running around with a pink rifle; they could be part of something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We finally know where the Finch Dallow minifig comes from... and it makes even less sense than before :laugh: Dallow’s actor posted pictures of the instruction sheet for the Resistance Bomber (75188) on IG where his character replaces the unnamed pilot we got in the set *huh* So you probably have to buy 75188 again to get him...

Edit: The set isn‘t even available any more... What‘s going on here? Or did they change the instructions just for Layne‘s copy of the set? :purrr:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

We finally know where the Finch Dallow minifig comes from... and it makes even less sense than before :laugh: Dallow’s actor posted pictures of the instruction sheet for the Resistance Bomber (75188) on IG where his character replaces the unnamed pilot we got in the set *huh* So you probably have to buy 75188 again to get him...

Edit: The set isn‘t even available any more... What‘s going on here? Or did they change the instructions just for Layne‘s copy of the set? :purrr:

This is very strange; the minifig definitely exists in real form. We saw it on Instagram months ago and I have seen it being sold by one person on the UK ebay in the last few days. But like you say, the RB has just been retired. 

 

Edit: if you look at the comments, Kevin tells someone that 'This figure is my Character in StarWars:TLJ. I got this exclusively from LEGO. It will be flowing to stores soon, but it's hard to get. Ltd edition.' and he's 'waiting for some news from Lego.'

 So great, another 'exclusive'.

Edited by BacktoBricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BacktoBricks said:

This is very strange; the minifig definitely exists in real form. We saw it on Instagram months ago and I have seen it being sold by one person on the UK ebay in the last few days. But like you say, the RB has just been retired. 

 

Edit: if you look at the comments, Kevin tells someone that 'This figure is my Character in StarWars:TLJ. I got this exclusively from LEGO. It will be flowing to stores soon, but it's hard to get. Ltd edition.' So great, another 'exclusive'.

good thing i got my finch back in september. 

most of the actor’s posts about the fig are a month old too ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tidy said:

good thing i got my finch back in september. 

most of the actor’s posts about the fig are a month old too ...

Well now you are just showing off ;)

Is it going to cost me a fortune and will I have to jump through hoops to get it, that's what I want to know? I'm already feeling tetchy after those '20th Anniversary' sets were revealed. 😜

Edited by BacktoBricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BacktoBricks said:

Well now you are just showing off ;)

lol. 

the bomber is still for sale in the us shop@home store, albeit for a discount. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tidy said:

lol. 

the bomber is still for sale in the us shop@home store, albeit for a discount. 

You mean they put the new fig into the lasts Bomber sets without publicising it? The Bomber is no longer available in the UK from S@H, not to mention I already have one so goodness knows I don't want to buy another!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure its just a promotional figure that will be coming out soon and that it was just done for the actor's benefit. Feel like there would have been more news (as in people mentioning it on social media groups) if they "fixed" the set just before retirement.

Edited by Brickweiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

Honestly after the whole Chinese New Year sets fiasco I wouldn't put any level of BS past TLG at this point

What happened there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

You mean they put the new fig into the lasts Bomber sets without publicising it? The Bomber is no longer available in the UK from S@H, not to mention I already have one so goodness knows I don't want to buy another!

No, this definitely isn't the case. The figures shown on S@H are the same ones that have always been in the set. LEGO has changed the builds of sets mid-production occasionally (6211, 75101) without publicizing it much, but they've never changed the figures or anything that would be immediately noticeable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

No, this definitely isn't the case. The figures shown on S@H are the same ones that have always been in the set. LEGO has changed the builds of sets mid-production occasionally (6211, 75101) without publicizing it much, but they've never changed the figures or anything that would be immediately noticeable.

This is totally splitting hairs, but the above isn't entirely accurate, at least not strictly speaking. There was a running change to 10188 (original UCS Death Star playset) when LEGO updated the minifigs to newer face prints with pupil eyes. So, theoretically possible that they could change a head and helmet print... albeit really unlikely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

This is totally splitting hairs, but the above isn't entirely accurate, at least not strictly speaking. There was a running change to 10188 (original UCS Death Star playset) when LEGO updated the minifigs to newer face prints with pupil eyes. So, theoretically possible that they could change a head and helmet print... albeit really unlikely.

Actually, you're more right than you realize--as well as the pupil changes on a couple of the figures, they switched the Death Star Trooper from one with a black helmet to a light bluish grey helmet, which is a much more immediately noticeable change. I don't know whether that was ever reflected on S@H or if it got new box pictures.

EDIT: It was not updated. The page for the set is still visible on S@H, and it still shows the original versions of the figures. I still think it's improbable that the Finch Dallow figure is in new Resistance Bomber sets, but apparently it not showing up on S@H is not in itself evidence that it is not.

Edited by Kdapt-Preacher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bartybum said:

What happened there?

This isn't really the place to discuss it so Ill just PM you the details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

You mean they put the new fig into the lasts Bomber sets without publicising it? The Bomber is no longer available in the UK from S@H, not to mention I already have one so goodness knows I don't want to buy another!

Well, they did it with the 75166 battle pack too (TFA Stormies x TLJ Stormies)...but this change is bigger. Strange move from Lego.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a huge difference between swapping the production variant of a minifig, which 99% of people will never notice, and including an entirely different figure of a different character. Without any evidence in front of us that that's what's happening, we should treat anything about the Finch figure as pure speculation. Nobody has said that it is in the Bomber set; BacktoBricks is just asking if it might be, and the answer is that it isn't likely. We should avoid phrasing these posts to imply that it is, since that's likely to give others the wrong impression, which will then be treated as fact on other sites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

BacktoBricks is just asking if it might be, and the answer is that it isn't likely.

Exactly I was just asking. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

No, this definitely isn't the case. The figures shown on S@H are the same ones that have always been in the set. LEGO has changed the builds of sets mid-production occasionally (6211, 75101) without publicizing it much, but they've never changed the figures or anything that would be immediately noticeable.

A couple other examples of Lego changing figs is the Kanan figure in the Ghost set. He originally had a black wig and black printed facial hair. They changed mid production to brown after the show came out and they realized brown was a closer match.

I also bought two copies of the Endor battle pack that had white printing on the stormtrooper's heads in one, and flesh printing in the other.

A different kind of change are the Harry Potter wands. Two different molds for the wand holders. Buy one of the first batch production and you get one mold, buy a latter production run and get the newer mold. I even got both kinds in one set which means they were in the middle of switching over and needed to get rid of the old version still.

This doesn't prove Finch will be in the bomber, in fact I think it disproves it since all the examples are of sets still in production and the bomber is out of production. But it does show Lego has pulled this move before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.