Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 hours ago, Renown said:

On a separate note, if we know Force Friday is taking place the first week of October this year, and on the basis that it is therefore logical to assume that this will be when the first phase of Episode IX sets are released, do we have any knowledge yet if we are expecting a 'summer wave' at some point between the upcoming April wave, May 4th and Force Friday in October?

Yes, I was wondering this too. Also, is someone knowing if there will be a third Praetorian Guard helmet coming out? 

3 hours ago, Renown said:

...do we have any knowledge yet if we are expecting a 'summer wave' at some point between the upcoming April wave, May 4th and Force Friday in October?

I don't think so, four waves in one year would be overkill *huh*

Just now, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

Yes, I was wondering this too. Also, is someone knowing if there will be a third Praetorian Guard helmet coming out? 

There's currently no rumors to that effect. I highly doubt we get the third variant any time soon since there's no set concept that would make sense for Praetorian Guards to show up, I mean even the new BP is kind of a stretch :grin: Unless they decide to repurpose the Mandalorian helmet rather than designing a new mould, there's also no chance for it to appear in a polybag or advent calendar...

from what i know and have heard, force friday was originally going to be september but was changed and is now pushed back to october ... so it was to be january, april, september for waves. (2018 was jan, apr, aug) ... 

i believe that april was chosen as it coincides with star wars celebration ... what better time to celebrate the 20th anniversary of lego star wars ?!??

there’s gonna be a small may 4th as per usual (ucs only), it’s not a ‘real wave’ ... advent calendar in september as per usual ... and several retailer exclusives that are launched on their schedule not lego’s ... and the oct ucs ...

Edited by Tidy

5 hours ago, Brickadeer said:

Hi, have a question regarding set 75228: Does anyone know if the helm of the Sandtrooper is a new mold that will be replace all stormtrooper helmets? I don't like it, it looks...odd. It looks like a stormtrooper from the "Rebels" series.

Yes, that mold is also being used on the regular stormtroopers in 75229 and 75235.

12 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Sorry to (probably) burst your bubble, but it‘s a remake of the 2005 set, so it most likely won‘t include a 501st CT :wink:

Not to mention it makes the most sense given they just remade the AT-AP and Droid Gunship, a new Kashyyk AT-RT would fit perfectly. The AT-RT is one of my favorite walkers so I'm super excited to get a new one, especially if it looks as good if not even better than the 501st one we got from the Umbaran Clone Wars set. My biggest issue with the 2 stand-alone AT-RT's we've gotten are they're too big. The one we got in the last Turbo Tank was the perfect size and looked spot on if you replace the feet with this piece https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=40393#T=C Given the price point though it's pretty much guaranteed it'll be as big as the the last 2 AT-RT sets.

7 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Not to mention it makes the most sense given they just remade the AT-AP and Droid Gunship, a new Kashyyk AT-RT would fit perfectly. The AT-RT is one of my favorite walkers so I'm super excited to get a new one, especially if it looks as good if not even better than the 501st one we got from the Umbaran Clone Wars set. My biggest issue with the 2 stand-alone AT-RT's we've gotten are they're too big. The one we got in the last Turbo Tank was the perfect size and looked spot on if you replace the feet with this piece https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=40393#T=C Given the price point though it's pretty much guaranteed it'll be as big as the the last 2 AT-RT sets.

That was my second guess, but indeed the AT-RT that comes with the CTT is a good size, the 501st version was way too big.

On 1/11/2019 at 2:06 AM, Brickweiser said:

The new helmets dont fit in the current snowspeeder design. Im banking on no new canopy and that lego realized the new helmets were too oversized for the snowspeeder and we will get the old helmets.

If they’re new designs then I’m absolutely fine with that :excited: 

A new picture of anniversary Han has leaked. There‘s also a pearl gold version of the small blaster mould on the same picture, so maybe the anniversary figs are all equipped with golden weaponry and tools? :sweet:

28 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

A new picture of anniversary Han has leaked. There‘s also a pearl gold version of the small blaster mould on the same picture, so maybe the anniversary figs are all equipped with golden weaponry and tools? :sweet:

That would be nice. I love the Han figure. It screams nostalgia and classic Star Wars to me. Will definitely be picking these anniversary sets up.

As you may know, a lot of the set designers add the sets they've designed to dedicated lists on brickset and sometimes reveal interesting bits of information pertaining to the design process. Mark Stafford recently posted the following nugget in his note describing his experience with the Watchpoint: Gibraltar set from the Overwatch theme:

The new angle slopes and 4x6 angle plates were both designed by Star Wars and I got special permission to use them and gave a headache to the engineering department by putting them in a set three months earlier then they planned to. 

I wonder which of the sets make use of those...

Than new Han (or old I guess :laugh:, depending on how you look at it) is brilliant. Especially love the pearl blaster. Now just waiting for the original Boba Fett to make an appearance :grin:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Two more blasters have leaked, this time it's pearl gold and pink(!) versions of the mid-sized one *huh* What do they have in mind with these? :oh:

I can’t help but feel they’re not related to Star Wars but the Lego Movie 2.

1 hour ago, Tariq j said:

Maybe Han isn’t the only 20th anniversary figure, perhaps they’re others too?

I believe each of the 20th Anniversary sets is meant to come with a yellow toned fig, but none of them would warrant a pink blaster. ?

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

They‘re Star Wars blasters specifically, they can‘t appear in other themes due to licensing issues :wink:

How do you know they are licensed parts? So far they've only been used as Star Wars blasters of course, but they don't closely resemble a specific model. They seem much more generic to me than, for example, SW head or helmet molds.

Edited by Graupensuppe

I've just seen a photo on Instagram posted of the old Jango Slave 1.  The photo is alongside other old sets that are confirmed for a remake this year, so does this confirm we will be getting Jango's Slave 1?

Just now, Legoman123 said:

I've just seen a photo on Instagram posted of the old Jango Slave 1.  The photo is alongside other old sets that are confirmed for a remake this year, so does this confirm we will be getting Jango's Slave 1?

No it doesn't; if you go to the stonewars.de article you will see that it says they don't know if it will be Boba's or Jango's Slave 1 that will be coming in April.

5 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

How do you know they are licensed parts? So far they've only been used as Star Wars blasters of course, but they don't closely resemble a specific model. They seem much more generic to me than, for example, SW head or helmet molds.

Of course they‘re not modelled after specific in-universe weaponry, but they‘re immediately recognizable as blasters :purrr: Moreover, they’re officially called „blasters“ in TLG‘s parts terminology, which is a SW-specific term just like „droid“ :wink: 

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Of course they‘re not modelled after specific in-universe weaponry, but they‘re immediately recognizable as blasters. Moreover, they’re officially called „blasters“ in TLG‘s parts terminology, which is a SW-specific term just like „droid“ :wink: 

Well, this dagger piece is immediately recognizable as the Dagger of Time from Prince of Persia, nevertheless it was later used in another theme. And Lego specifically calls this hair piece "Luke Skywalker Wig" even though it has been used in lots of non-SW sets.
I have no idea what other themes could possibly need pink or golden guns for, but I wouldn't exclude the possibility just yet.

9 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

Well, this dagger piece is immediately recognizable as the Dagger of Time from Prince of Persia, nevertheless it was later used in another theme. And Lego specifically calls this hair piece "Luke Skywalker Wig" even though it has been used in lots of non-SW sets.
I have no idea what other themes could possibly need pink or golden guns for, but I wouldn't exclude the possibility just yet.

Is there potential for them to be from a tie-in to Lego Movie 2 in the way that the Falcon was in the first movie? Only this time they're actually releasing a Star Wars-referencing LM2 set?

4 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I believe each of the 20th Anniversary sets is meant to come with a yellow toned fig, but none of them would warrant a pink blaster. ?

Ah ok, maybe it's a general collectible thing. Like each anniversary comes with a different coloured blaster and the aim is to collect all the colours? 

3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

No it doesn't; if you go to the stonewars.de article you will see that it says they don't know if it will be Boba's or Jango's Slave 1 that will be coming in April.

Okay thanks.  Let's hope it's Jango's then.