Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

The truth is we don't actually know if there's going to be one UCS and one MBS each year. So it could be one large vehicle and one large playset from this point on.

It's complete guess work from 99.9% of everyone. Even if next year is one of each that doesn't mean the year after will be the same. At present I don't believe anyone outside of Lego actually knows what the UCS set will really be and a lot of the 'rumours' will be linked to things like the 20th Anniversary etc 'so it needs to be iconic'. 

This thread gets quoted as the source of some rumours.

Guys, this is not the place for unsubstantiated rumors. No wish listing! So please watch the comments about hoping its a Venarator or AT-AT.

An ISD has been rumored ever since the silhouette on the box art for the UCS Millennium Falcon. I’d say that’s at least enough of a reason to bring it up although talking about an AT-AT or Venator is completely pointless since they are neither likely nor have they ever been rumored. But honestly nobody knows. People will claim to have inside info but they won’t know for a long time yet

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

An ISD has been rumored ever since the silhouette on the box art for the UCS Millennium Falcon. I’d say that’s at least enough of a reason to bring it up although talking about an AT-AT or Venator is completely pointless since they are neither likely nor have they ever been rumored. But honestly nobody knows. People will claim to have inside info but they won’t know for a long time yet

An AT-AT is definitely coming eventually; that's the only major Original Trilogy vehicle that hasn't been a UCS set yet. They've been on a kick of UCS remakes for the last couple of years, but I'd be pretty surprised if the next two new vehicles made aren't an AT-AT and an A-wing. But there's no indication that an AT-AT is coming this year, or any time before they've remade every single previous UCS set first, and a Venator would be such a radical departure from their previous collection of UCS sets that I wouldn't credit it until I see it with my own eyes. Neither are likely any time soon.

Edited by Kdapt-Preacher

4 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Guys, this is not the place for unsubstantiated rumors. No wish listing! So please watch the comments about hoping its a Venarator or AT-AT.

54 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

48 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

An AT-AT is definitely coming eventually; that's the only major Original Trilogy vehicle that hasn't been a UCS set yet. They've been on a kick of UCS remakes for the last couple of years, but I'd be pretty surprised if the next two new vehicles made aren't an AT-AT and an A-wing. But there's no indication that an AT-AT is coming this year, or any time before they've remade every single previous UCS set first, and a Venator would be such a radical departure from their previous collection of UCS sets that I wouldn't credit it until I see it with my own eyes. Neither are likely any time soon.

^ Guys please before we get the thread closed again ...

3 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

I said it wasn't likely! That's the opposite of a wishlist!

Yes, it's a gray area. Unfortunately it joins a number of other "wish-list" like comments and makes that gray area look a little too much like a full blown wish-list.

3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

^ Guys please before we get the thread closed again ...

A wishlist is saying what I want to see. I was merely saying what actual rumors there have been versus people making up a wishlisty UCS set

...stops in...

...looks around...

...reads posts...

...leaves...for now...

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:21 AM, Whovastron said:

I really hope for ISD, or AT-AT.

That counts as wishlisting.

5 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

An AT-AT is definitely coming eventually

Any solid proof?

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:03 PM, Kdapt-Preacher said:

We're way overdue for a new snowspeeder (1999, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014) and it's getting to be about time for a Naboo starfighter (1999, 2007, 2011, 2015), but I think one TIE Interceptor and TIE Bomber are plenty for two decades, don't you?

That's wishlisting as well.

Jusr2good posted a review of the Death Star Escape and I have to say that the New stormtrooper helmet actually looks really good. Didn't like it at first, but I think it like it more now. 

2 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:
On 12/1/2018 at 7:03 PM, Kdapt-Preacher said:

We're way overdue for a new snowspeeder (1999, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014) and it's getting to be about time for a Naboo starfighter (1999, 2007, 2011, 2015), but I think one TIE Interceptor and TIE Bomber are plenty for two decades, don't you?

That's wishlisting as well.

FWIW, was being tongue-in-cheek, not wishlisting.

12 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

FWIW, was being tongue-in-cheek, not wishlisting.

Enough that it counts in my book and continues to encourage others to try to be sneaky.

9 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Jusr2good posted a review of the Death Star Escape and I have to say that the New stormtrooper helmet actually looks really good. Didn't like it at first, but I think it like it more now. 

I like the new helmet too. The dual molding definitely adds a lot more depth to the shape. I do wish it had that slight gap between the goggles and the headband (mostly because that's how I preferred them in the films themselves) but understand the reason it wasn't likely possible due to the molding process.

21 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

An AT-AT is definitely coming eventually; ...

Ive heard its coming out in tandem with half life 3 and warcraft 4.

I dislike the new Stormtrooper helmet even more now. It still has that awful right angle on the side of the chin, but in addition, when watched from the front, you can see the black of the dual molding right there sticking out.

On 12/21/2018 at 12:37 AM, Kevii23 said:

Thanks for the heads up. :) I'm still not sold, as this does fit more with the 'scale' of the new rebel pilot helmet (which I like), and dual moulding is good progress, but the video just highlights what the leaked photos did; even if you can get over the elongated front angle, that side profile just looks wrong to me. I will hold further judgement until I get the fig in hand. 

I have to say, the Death Star Escape set is no longer a day 1 buy for me. Looking at it from more angles in J2G's video, I agree with him that it doesn't even really resemble the Death Star in any way. Yes it has some cool features but the actual set just looks like some blobs on grey and black. I will get it eventually (for the stormtrooper helmet and Leia) but will wait for it to go on sale, maybe wait for it to be £20 or under.

Edited by Spongebob456

Just now, Spongebob456 said:

I have to say, the Death Star Escape set is no longer a day 1 buy for me. Looking at it from more angles in J2G's video, I agree with him that it doesn't even really resemble the Death Star in any way. Yes it has some cool features but the actual set just looks like some blobs on grey and black. I will get it eventually (for the stormtrooper helmet and Leia) but will wait for it to go on sale, maybe wait for it to be £20 or under.

i have it. it’s tiny. it fits in the palm of my hand. extremely underwhelming. 

Such a shame. You can probably quote me as saying it's the only one I'll get etc etc but seeing the reviews, I'll skip it until it gets cheaper. £25.99 for that just seems way over the top. The set needs to make its mind up as to whether it's going to be a playset or display piece. If it's going for display, cut the play features and make it £20. If you're going for play, cut the detail and make it £20. I'll be buying the 4+ TIE. I actually think that isn't a bad deal for £20.

Edited by Spongebob456

I think that this thread should require every post to be accepted by moderators, since the wast majority of comments have nothing to do with actual rumors. 

Edited by Sneakguest

5 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

I think that this thread should require every post to be accepted by moderators, since the wast majority of comments have nothing to do with actual rumors. 

That’s a logistical nightmare though, not worth the effort.

5 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Rumors and DISCUSSION. Not just rumors.

9 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Discussion is allowed. We've made 2 threads to help with this. One thread is for official news. This thread is for substantiated rumors and discussion of those rumors and actual sets.