Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

6 hours ago, darththeling said:

Haven't heard this rumor. Does the extra yellow figure hold value for the collector? Maybe. It just seems like it might be confusing to the average consumer. Wouldn't this be extra puzzling to a 5 year old kid who plays with this - especially if there are 2 colors of Anakin. 

Not having a go at your post, mate just - it seems like an odd marketing strategy. 

I've heard this rumor from multiple sources. I think it's a pretty verified rumor.

1 minute ago, MKJoshA said:

I've heard this rumor from multiple sources. I think it's a pretty verified rumor.

same same ... 

it’s like a throwback collectible fig ...

1 hour ago, ThousandMoon said:

Personally a yellow skinned figure has zero appeal for me, is there anyone on here that is excited at the prospect??

The 20th Anniversary is for TPM, so surely more fitting would be some new and exclusive characters from the relatively under-represented film. Characters like Handmaiden Padme, Queen Amidala (black, purple, grey etc), Shmi Skywalker, Boss Nass, Finis Valorum, Mas Amedda, Lott Dod, Rune Haako, Sio Bibble, Oppo Rancisis, Depa Billaba, Rum Sleg, Naboo Royal Guard, Senate Guard, Naboo Soldiers etc etc.

I know that sounds wishlisty, and maybe we will get a couple of these characters in 2019, but the idea of a yellow skinned figure being the ‘exclusive’ element to the minifigs is underwhelming and pretty lazy and unimaginative from Lego, imo.

It's not for the TPM anniversary, it's for the 20th anniversary of the Lego Star Wars line.

1 hour ago, ThousandMoon said:

Personally a yellow skinned figure has zero appeal for me, is there anyone on here that is excited at the prospect??

The 20th Anniversary is for TPM, so surely more fitting would be some new and exclusive characters from the relatively under-represented film. Characters like Handmaiden Padme, Queen Amidala (black, purple, grey etc), Shmi Skywalker, Boss Nass, Finis Valorum, Mas Amedda, Lott Dod, Rune Haako, Sio Bibble, Oppo Rancisis, Depa Billaba, Rum Sleg, Naboo Royal Guard, Senate Guard, Naboo Soldiers etc etc.

I know that sounds wishlisty, and maybe we will get a couple of these characters in 2019, but the idea of a yellow skinned figure being the ‘exclusive’ element to the minifigs is underwhelming and pretty lazy and unimaginative from Lego, imo.

To me, it sounds like those figures are added as a bonus and thus probably don’t necessarily replace minifigs we would have gotten otherwise :wink: I highly doubt the discussion went like this: „let‘s include Gasgano in the podracer set!“ „Nah, he gotta go, bring in yellow Ani“ :grin:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

To me, it sounds like those figures are added as a bonus and thus probably don’t necessarily replace minifigs we would have gotten otherwise :wink: I highly doubt the discussion went like this: „let‘s include Gasgano in the podracer set!“ „Nah, he gotta go, bring in yellow Ani“ :grin:

Exactly, this is what I gathered from the rumors as well. It doesn’t sound like a random figure in the set will be replaced with a yellow figure, it sounds more like the sets will have their own up to date figures but each will include a bonus throwback minifigure as an extra bonus. Don’t quote me on that, but that is what it sounds like and makes the most sense

5 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Exactly, this is what I gathered from the rumors as well. It doesn’t sound like a random figure in the set will be replaced with a yellow figure, it sounds more like the sets will have their own up to date figures but each will include a bonus throwback minifigure as an extra bonus. Don’t quote me on that, but that is what it sounds like and makes the most sense

quoting you because that is pretty much exactly what it is. 

Edited by Tidy

3 minutes ago, DEAD1974 said:

and any rumor what sets will we get, something new or reworked existing models?

reworked existing stuff from what i’ve heard. 

2 hours ago, ThousandMoon said:

100% agree, but I shall reserve judgement until we know more about the sets and the potential new fleshy minifigures. But yes, yellow toned figs for nostalgia sake has zero appeal to me.

Edited by BacktoBricks

Let's see if the 20th anniversary sets have similar quality as the Death Star Escape set. I like the gift of a classic minifig idea, as someone who started with the 125 set.

4 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

It's not for the TPM anniversary, it's for the 20th anniversary of the Lego Star Wars line.

Ah I didn’t realise that. Suppose that makes more sense then. Still a fairly uninspiring promotion imo 

One thing Im not seeing people talking about with the anniversary figs is what level of detail they might have. Modern Star Wars minifigs dont really have the same aesthetic as 1999 ones, they have a much higher level of detail, the difference isn't only the color of the head/hands. I suppose we dont know one way or the other just yet, but I think its a pretty important factor.

10 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

One thing Im not seeing people talking about with the anniversary figs is what level of detail they might have. Modern Star Wars minifigs dont really have the same aesthetic as 1999 ones, they have a much higher level of detail, the difference isn't only the color of the head/hands. I suppose we dont know one way or the other just yet, but I think its a pretty important factor.

I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere that they will be replicas of the old figs, so same skin tone, printing etc. Pilot Luke springs to mind.

If they're additional figures then having them classic yellow sounds like quite a nice addition to the regular figure count we get on sets. Not something I'm all that bothered about owning but an interesting giveaway with the sets. They had that replica Luke a few years ago with the updated visual dictionary didn't they?

3 hours ago, Robianco said:

If they're additional figures then having them classic yellow sounds like quite a nice addition to the regular figure count we get on sets. Not something I'm all that bothered about owning but an interesting giveaway with the sets. They had that replica Luke a few years ago with the updated visual dictionary didn't they?

You say 'giveaway', but I highly doubt that extra figure won't be worked into the price.

It's definitely a neat idea to throw in a bonus old school figure to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the theme. I'd honestly prefer to see them include a bonus figure that is fully decked out in duel-molding and fully printed to the maximum extent of what LEGO is currently capable of. Now those would be some highly desirable, extremely sought after figures. I'ts still nice to see LEGO doing something like this and I hope the figures they choose are ones that were really rare or ones that were really popular and of course represent each era of Star Wars. It's disappointing that they are relying so heavily on revamped sets from the past in several themes this year but there are definitely some sets from years ago that could really use a modern makeover. 

4 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I hope the figures they choose are ones that were really rare or ones that were really popular

Now watch in amazement as LEGO rereleases Cloud City Boba Fett

8 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

That thought had crossed my mind. :)

15 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

If they rerelease fifteen-plus-year-old figures like Cloud City Boba Fett and the original Greedo, then they'd better start increasing arm printing on current generation figures!  :laugh:

16 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

What a way to reclaim that market. :grin:

22 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

You ever dig up a mold thats been retired for 12 years just to flex on resellers?

In all seriousness though Lego introduce new molds for Star Wars figs and only use them once all the time, so I dont see why not.

14 hours ago, Robianco said:

That thought had crossed my mind. :)

23 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

It wouldn’t surprise me. The price of the original is crazy and there are so many fakes out there; both reasons TLG has been re-releasing sets of late. It would be great fan service for the anniversary too (unless of course you own the original for ‘investment’). 

On 12/14/2018 at 7:35 PM, Markalus said:

It would be great fan service for the anniversary too (unless of course you own the original for ‘investment’). 

It would indeed be great for the anniversary, but the bottom wouldn't drop out of the market.... Surely if they re-released the CC Boba Fett, his legs and torso would be lt bley, not lt grey?

I think they will stick to the earliest versions of the minifigs for the anniversary sets, so it‘s probably more realistic to expect the regular 2000 Boba rather than the 2003 CC version :tongue:

Since there aren't too many anniversary sets and thus only a few anniversary minifigs, I'd say they would only choose a few of the early waves that don't require Lego revisiting the old molds. For instance, they could still make an old Pilot Luke, since the helmet mold is still available in the 4+ set. They could also make a classic minifig Han, because his old hair piece still exists. Basically, only new prints that resemble old prints, no revisited discontinued colors or molds.