Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 minutes ago, namioik said:

Azani was making assumptions? If so my apologizes for continuing this made up rumor  

I also thought Azani was a reliable source...

go back through here ... numerous times it has come up ... azani and i have talked about this one ad nasuem ... and it's all in the news thread if people would look ...

he is banking on the placeholder target description of:

LEGO LEGO® Star Wars Slave I 75236

whereas i'm more inclined to believe the current walmart one:

LEGO Star Wars TM CONF_Playset_R_vs_K 75236

every bit of this has been said so many times it is ridiculous.

he will also come and point out for a brief fleeting moment that the walmart system said slave, but was quickly changed ... i firmly believe that target has mixed up 75236 and 75243 ...

think about it for a second, the slave 1 in cloud city was ~350 pieces ... why exactly would lego also release a 191 piece slave 1 ... playset or not ... and we all know [azani will confirm this assertion] that this set is not a 4+ set either ... especially given that there is a 1000+ piece slave 1 coming in april ...

and what makes someone reliable? he and i have been in agreement on every thing we've posted here for near 2 years, except for this set ... why am i not then reliable ??? [not that i care about opinions about me] ...

i kept telling people the canto bight rumor [gv_escape 75229] was bs and it was gonna be death star, guess what ??? oh yeah, it is death star and gv was not great vehicle ... /shrug ...

bottom line, anyone talking about this like they know for certain [myself included] is full of it, and those that are 100% 'in the know' aren't saying jack ...

as i said earlier today:

whatever this set is, it won't be revealed for a few weeks, so my advice is to forget it exists and be surprised, as a matter of fact, this might even be an April set, not even January.

75225 and 75226 are technically slated for jan 1 release ... however, as we all know, many retailers will put them out earlier, as these are not hard and fast street dated ... i expect to start seeing them in stores mid-december, and available on ebay for a 'premium' in a couple weeks or less too ...

Edited by Tidy

8 hours ago, Tidy said:

and 4 other people have said duel on starkiller ... this needs to DIE now ... he is making assumptions ...

I am, to be perfectly clear and forthright on this one, not making assumptions. As it runs, there is very little to debate/delineate with regards to 75236 here; it is being treated in a more confidential manner than the rest of the Q1 2019 wave, so there will be some uncertainty going forward. The last thing that I am going to say/explicate on this one is that multiple retailers have labeled it as "Slave I"; I cannot imagine that this is wholly in error, as Tidy has made clear in his previous statements with regards to this topic. While I suppose that it is possible that both Walmart and Target have labeled it as such in error, I would be bona fide shocked if it were made clear/elucidated that that were, in fact, the case. I have my "story", insofar as my logic follows, and I am sticking to it; I would hope that my track record in previous matters will speak for itself. Thanks. 

as·sump·tion

a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof.

"they made certain assumptions about the market"

synonyms:supposition, presumption, belief, expectation, conjecture, speculation, surmise, guess, premise, hypothesis

so since you brought it up, let's talk about that track record and your assumptions.  do you recall posting the following list?

where you originally assumed GV_escape was great vehicle and canto bight? shall i send the conversation where i pointed you to death star? or you said there would be a juniors death star and slave 1? assumptions are not bad, and often have logic behind them. it is part of the hunt.

January

75223 - [Sith Infiltrator] • $10 US
75224 - [Naboo Starfighter] • $10 US
75225 - Elite Praetorian Guards Battle Pack • $15 US
75226 - Clone Troopers Battle Pack • $15 US
75227 - [?? Microfighter Dual Pack Classic] • $20 US
75228 - [Escape Pod vs. Dewback Microfighters] • $20 US
75229 - [Great Vehicle Escape] • $30 US - Likely Canto Bight
75233 - [Droid Gunship] • $50 US 75234 - [AT-AP] • $60 US
75235 - [Juniors X-Wing Starfighter] • $30 US
75236 - [Juniors Slave I] • $20 US
75237 - [Juniors TIE Fighter] • $20 US
75247 - [Juniors A-Wing Starfighter] • $15 US

April

75238 - [Juniors Death Star] • $30 US
75239 - [Small Playset 2] • $30 US
75240 - [May the Fourth Villain Ship] • $70 US
75241 - [Large Playset] • $60 US
75242 - [Hero Ship] • $50 US
75243 - [Slave I] • $120 US
75244 - [1HY UCS] • >$120 US (larger box than 75243)
75252 - [2HY UCS] • $??? US
75258 - [20th Anniversary PR] • $30 US
75259 - [20th Anniversary Exclusive] (Target) • $40 US
75260 - [20th Anniversary Exclusive] (Walmart) • $?? US
75261 - [20th Anniversary Exclusive] (Target) • $30 US
75262 - [20th Anniversary Exclusive] (Target) • $20 US

do you also recall saying to me and others this past monday:

"RE: 75236 goes; I don't know what it is."

look, we both data mine the crap outta this stuff and both make assumptions based on internal and external code names, you made the assumption that GV meant great vehicle, logical, however it was wrong in the end. a good trick by lego as go back 2 letters in the alphabet from both G and V and you get D and S, DS Escape ... good one lego, good one ... you originally made the assumption that 75227 existed and was a dual pack of microfighters, i made that same logical assumption, but we have since been proven wrong ... 

there are a few more assumptions made, 75260, you even said to me that it was an assumption based on the code names of the set before and after ... it is ok to make assumptions, and even more ok to be wrong ... no one is infallible [i know big words too] ...

and like i've told you personally, if that set is a 191 pc $20 slave 1 playset, i will gladly send you a philly or a bagel of your choice ... hell, i'll even buy you one of the set and send it to you.

11 minutes ago, AndrewShun said:

Illuminati confirmed

indubitably. 

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

and like i've told you personally, if that set is a 191 pc $20 slave 1 playset, i will gladly send you a philly or a bagel of your choice ... hell, i'll even buy you one of the set and send it to you.

Now that you've said that I'm hoping that it is a 191 pc $20 slave 1 playset lol

And for the clone trooper battle pack is that inferno squad?

Just now, Reaper said:

Now that you've said that I'm hoping that it is a 191 pc $20 slave 1 playset lol

And for the clone trooper battle pack is that inferno squad?

lol ... i'm a man of word too ...

and yeah, the clone battle pack became the inferno squad ... the placeholder name was/is CONF_BP clone 75226 ... it was a fair assumption in the beginning that it would be a clone battle pack ... but we know differently now ...

I still don't get why they put out another Droid Gunship. I mean, if your going to make another you should put in the actual droid delivery method seen in the Clone Wars Show. I would actually probably buy it if it came with a commander Thorn and some Superbattle droids

2 minutes ago, Captain_MKA said:

I still don't get why they put out another Droid Gunship. I mean, if your going to make another you should put in the actual droid delivery method seen in the Clone Wars Show. I would actually probably buy it if it came with a commander Thorn and some Superbattle droids

At least the Droid Gunship got a meaningful upgrade to the build. The walker is near-identical to the last release.

6 hours ago, jdubbs said:

At least the Droid Gunship got a meaningful upgrade to the build. The walker is near-identical to the last release.

I honestly think it looks worse--the biggest structural improvement the 2014 walker had over the 2008 version was the addition of the extra angled portion on top of the pod, replacing the simple sloped bricks with a plate connected with a hinge to get the slightly more complex shape, and the 2019 version doesn't seem to have that.

36 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

I honestly think it looks worse--

Lol I thought for a second that you were talking about the Droid Gunship, and I was about to scream heresy.

That walker does look pretty shit unfortunately. Perhaps some other design at the Battle of Kashykkk would’ve been better.

1 minute ago, Bartybum said:

Lol I thought for a second that you were talking about the Droid Gunship, and I was about to scream heresy.

That walker does look pretty shit unfortunately. Perhaps some other design at the Battle of Kashykkk would’ve been better.

Both the Droid Gunship and the AT-AP look almost exactly the same as the 2014 versions. Both of them. They have a couple extremely minor changes due to updated parts but they’re both basically the exact same sets as before. Oh well. Don’t get me wrong, I love it when sets are updated with new parts as the parts inventory is updated but these are just way too similar to the previous versions which were very adequate renditions as it is. A lighter load on my wallet I suppose. Great news for anyone who missed out on the last ones though! This’ll just mean I can get Vader’s Castle instead

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

12 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Both the Droid Gunship and the AT-AP look almost exactly the same as the 2014 versions. Both of them.

The AT-AP yes, but I won’t hear such blasphemy against the Gunship :head_back:

The only thing the same is the use of the huge circular disk pieces and the ball turrets, because there’s just no substitute for those and they do their job magnificently. The cockpit is one stud narrower, is flatter and looks more aggressive, the air intake is actually circular now and no longer an ugly diamond, the sides are entirely new builds, the little nubs at the front of the disk are new builds, and the disk itself is 2 studs lower in diameter. To say they look almost the same is just flat out wrong.

Edited by Bartybum

10 hours ago, Bartybum said:

The AT-AP yes, but I won’t hear such blasphemy against the Gunship :head_back:

The only thing the same is the use of the huge circular disk pieces and the ball turrets, because there’s just no substitute for those and they do their job magnificently. The cockpit is one stud narrower, is flatter and looks more aggressive, the air intake is actually circular now and no longer an ugly diamond, the sides are entirely new builds, the little nubs at the front of the disk are new builds, and the disk itself is 2 studs lower in diameter. To say they look almost the same is just flat out wrong.

You can like the set, that’s fine, but it is similar enough to the last one for me to have no interest in it. 

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

You can like the set, that’s fine, but it is similar enough to the last one for me to have no interest in it. 

When I first saw the leaked pics I thought as you do. Similar profile and color scheme, and a ship that I’m not that interested in to begin with. But comparing the official pictures of the new set with the old set, I was much more impressed by the new build. A lot more detail throughout, making the old build look pretty dated and clumsy, side by side.

Versus the walker which just seems like minor changes for the sake of changing things. But, you’re entitled to your opinion of course. Just saying it might be worth a closer look. 

Anybody know what’s up with that black VIP card promotion on IG? It says black vip card holders will get an email today but I haven’t gotten anything yet...

8 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

That’s not what I took issue with though. It didn’t bother me that you’re not interested in it in the slightest, because everyone has their preferences. What bothered me was your justification which was just flat out incorrect.

Edited by Bartybum

51 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

That’s not what I took issue with though. It didn’t bother me that you’re not interested in it in the slightest, because everyone has their preferences. What bothered me was your justification which was just flat out incorrect.

If you say so. It looks almost exactly the same to me. Only a few minor changes just like the AT-AP. And the minifigs for both are very disappointing. But either way, it’s not a big deal, I feel like it’s a waste of a slot, but at the same time it kinda helps me because it’s money I don’t have to spend. As a matter of fact, let me say this about it: it’s not a bad set at all. It’s a very very nice Droid Gunship, it’s very accurate and even the minifigs for both sets are not bad minifigs. However, I do not feel that the 2014 version needed upgrading and these just aren’t different enough to stand out. Not because they are bad sets but because there wasn’t much to upgrade in the first place. And no I don’t see very many differences at all. A handful of very minor changes. But not a bad set, just one that offers nothing to me. I only hate the figure selection because it’s almost exactly the same as before. The new droids are nice but that’s it. 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

But either way, it’s not a big deal, I feel like it’s a waste of a slot

Oh definitely - I agree with almost everything you said after that. As much as I like the Gunship I don’t think it was necessary, and I wish we got a different set because there’s just way cooler stuff out there than Kashykkk.

Edited by Bartybum