Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

This Popped up on Latvian FB page for black Friday discounts in Latvian Lego stores - Not the best quality but some of the 2019 sets are seen. 

SW.JPG

I feel like I've read somewhere that at least one of the 2019 sets would be an Endor set with a biker scout and ewoks. Has anyone else heard this?

28 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Wasn’t that a rumor that has been debunked ages ago? :laugh:

You probably know more than I do. Didn't realise it was a false rumour. Ah well.

Really liking the new pics of the Luke and Leia Death Star escape set. Hope they make more of these "movie set"/scenes sets at this scale and size. 

3 hours ago, Archangelo said:

Sooo disappointed that the praetorian bp includes only 2 helmet variants. I hope we get the remaining 3 bucketheads one day to complete the guard. Sad times

what do you mean 3 bucketheads? There are 3 different types of helmets, as far as I know. And in total there were 8 guards, paired by weapons. We got 2 helmet molds. 

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

It was a custom part :wink: The rest of the fig was legit, but the helmet wasn’t. At first, I fell for it, but then someone in the thread pointed out that the colour was slightly off     and that it was a custom version of the same helmet we already got (type C). This can be proven by inspecting the top part of the helmet, with type C, the lockjaw part “overlaps” with the round top of the helmet when viewed head-on. Type A’s front part on the other hand is flat and thus doesn’t overlap visually. Back to the leaked image: both helmets had that visual overlap, so they’re both type C thus one was a custom :grin:

Mind blown...

3 minutes ago, brobert said:

what do you mean 3 bucketheads? There are 3 different types of helmets, as far as I know. And in total there were 8 guards, paired by weapons. We got 2 helmet molds. 

We got 2 "lockjaws" in the throne room, one "lockjaw" in the bp, two "sunvisors" in the bp, three "bucketheads" (the third variant) remain to complete the guard 

Don't know why people are realistically disappointed that there is only two praetorian helmet versions, lego almost never complete crews, like with the bounty hunters from ESB, the inquisitors or now the Solo crew from the Solo movie. The only time I can recall they have done it was with the Rogue one crew, which actually really surprised me. 

52 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Don't know why people are realistically disappointed that there is only two praetorian helmet versions, lego almost never complete crews, like with the bounty hunters from ESB, the inquisitors or now the Solo crew from the Solo movie. The only time I can recall they have done it was with the Rogue one crew, which actually really surprised me. 

Suppose they didn't really have much of a way around the Rogue One crew, given they were the focal point of the first proper anthology film. I do get your point, though. I expect we'll get the full Solo crew in time. 

1 hour ago, Richpepperell said:

L3! Also, are there any confirmed UK prices for the upcoming wave yet?

D’oh

That seems like a huge oversight...

New 4+ Tie has leaked. :)

Extremely basic, but it goes with the other 4+ sets. I just want the Rebel Trooper. The little side build has a good printed piece though.

Edited by BacktoBricks

1 minute ago, BacktoBricks said:

Extremely basic, but it goes with the other 4+ sets. I just want the Rebel Trooper. The little side build has a good printed piece though.

Well it just looks bad, the rebel trooper is still great though. 

The Naboo starfighter microfighter also leaked, but the mage is still a bit blurry.

6 minutes ago, JarJarBonks said:

Well it just looks bad, the rebel trooper is still great though. 

The Naboo starfighter microfighter also leaked, but the mage is still a bit blurry.

It looks bad to me, but I'm trying to desperately remember that I am not it's target audience. 

A clear Starfighter image is now available :)

18 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Considering the purposes and target audience for the set, I actually think it looks pretty good. Great minifigures, great printed death Star piece and those wing panels could be really useful - might even be a multi-buy!

Just saw the TIE Fighter. I’m disappointed. The only saving grace is the rebel trooper which I had been hoping LEGO would remake for a while. The side build is kind of nice. I hope the set isn’t more than $20 (it really looks like a $10 set) so I can build an army of rebel troopers.

15 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

Considering the purposes and target audience for the set, I actually think it looks pretty good. Great minifigures, great printed death Star piece and those wing panels could be really useful - might even be a multi-buy!

I do agree with you; branded as Juniors or 4+, the X-Wing, A-Wing and Tie are clearly 'Juniors' sets and from that perspective they are pretty good I suppose. Although I have to admit, an open cockpit would have bothered me as a child even. ? Now though, they are just not for me; to my personal eye they look pretty bad.

But I'm glad to see that they are appealing to AFOLs too for various reasons.

Edited by BacktoBricks

That death star print on the TIE fighter does look pretty good and would be useful in MOCs though

3 minutes ago, Henry Bricklider said:

Just saw the TIE Fighter. I’m disappointed. The only saving grace is the rebel trooper which I had been hoping LEGO would remake for a while. The side build is kind of nice. I hope the set isn’t more than $20 (it really looks like a $10 set) so I can build an army of rebel troopers.

I believe it's 20 euros in Germany, so maybe $20 in the US?

all january USD prices are in the 2019 news thread ...

Edited by Tidy

To me, I love it. I don't have a TIE (and don't plan on spending £60 for one) and I think I like this smaller scale one. For the pieces £20 is still quite expensive, perhaps even a touch expensive even for large pieces. May wait for it to go on sale.

Don't suppose there are any GBP prices by any chance? I suspect the TIE will still be £20, maybe £25 though I fear.