Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

Pictures of the Praetorian Guard BP have been uploaded on IG :thumbup: As suspected, we don't get all three types of helmets and all of the guards have legs rather than skirts, but at least we get all four types of weapons plus a neat droid with a lightsaber :head_back:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was... and still am (but not as much)... looking forward to the Battlefront set, but why on earth doesn't Iden have a helmet? I literally don't understand the logic at all. Seems utterly ridiculous to only have 3 helmets with it, we're all going to be Bricklinking these damn helmets to make the set actually complete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Praetorian Guard BP is fantastic honestly. The inconsistency of the skirt/legs issue still bugs me but I’ll get over it. It’s some kind of training room and I like that droid and we get all those weapons plus a stormtrooper, I’m excited for this one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing that kind of bothers me regarding the weapons is the design of the vibro-arbir blade since it‘s supposed to be a two-handed weapon that can split into two, none of which is possible with the minifig version :snicker: The constraction version worked, but this needed a couple of extra parts :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Battle packs are nice, surprisingly the Death Star set is as well. ROTS sets didn't need a remake. Would have preferred Drydon Vos ship as the big set this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a bit disappointed of the helmets in the Praetorian Guard BP. That is one thing that we don't get 3 variants, but if you buy 2 BP and the Throne room set to have all the 8 guards. Because there are only 2 helmet variants, in that case you will have 4 of both. In the movie 6 have very similar looking ones(4 have the same) so the original one could work for them, so I think that would be better if the bp has 1 new and 2 old helmets.

The weapons needs some work, for the blade Electro-bisento would be better the curved blade from the new ninjago weapon pack.

The build is nice whit all of the accesiores, but if I would have multiples, I'll build attachments from them for both sides of the throne room. Than maybe all of the guards could stand there.

 

Btw the A-wing is cute.

Edited by Gubi0222

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Gubi0222 said:

That is one thing that we don't get 3 wariants

image.png.4b19875751d84f57ba1339d6f5827411.png

Jokes aside, the BP looks sweet! And the 4+ A-wing looks cute, and the cockpit actually closes around the sides, which one other 4+ set (y'know what I mean) doesn't.

Also, the Sith Infiltrator leaked. It looks fine, but Darth Maul comes for cheap here, so that's a plus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am surprised that we aren't getting all three molds as well. Didn't a previous leak show a third new helmet (in addition to the new one in the battle pack)? Otherwise, looks like a great set. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Garmetrowolf said:

I am surprised that we aren't getting all three molds as well. Didn't a previous leak show a third new helmet (in addition to the new one in the battle pack)? Otherwise, looks like a great set. 

That third helmet was (I'm pretty sure) fake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly disappointed that we didn't get all 3 types, but that's too be expected. Fantastic BP nonetheless. I actually prefer the legs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind the Praetorian Guard BP only having legs - it makes the skirts more exclusive to the Throne Room Set and enhances its attractiveness. An extra FO Trooper is always welcome too.

Cheap Darth Maul in the microfighter set if you want him.

The Awing is fine for a 4+ set but of little interest to AFOLs.

Pretty cheap wave for me - I'll get the BPs and possibly the Dewback set if the Sandtrooper has a new torso print. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, TeufelHund said:

I don't mind the Praetorian Guard BP only having legs - it makes the skirts more exclusive to the Throne Room Set and enhances its attractiveness. An extra FO Trooper is always welcome too.

Cheap Darth Maul in the microfighter set if you want him.

The Awing is fine for a 4+ set but of little interest to AFOLs.

Pretty cheap wave for me - I'll get the BPs and possibly the Dewback set if the Sandtrooper has a new torso print. 

I love how the FO Stormie is just standing there on the cover art. It's like it knows that it's supposed to be a token inclusion in the set :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aethersprite said:

I love how the FO Stormie is just standing there on the cover art. It's like it knows that it's supposed to be a token inclusion in the set :tongue:

Bet he feels like a spare part ... or should I say parts. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TWRAddict said:

That third helmet was (I'm pretty sure) fake. 

How can you be sure? The leaks page has been for the most part reliable so far. Hopefully, it's a new part we'll get in the future set, as opposed to a fake or a prototype. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

I love how the FO Stormie is just standing there on the cover art. It's like it knows that it's supposed to be a token inclusion in the set :tongue:

Lol that’s exactly what I thought when I saw it. It just knows it doesn’t belong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Garmetrowolf said:

How can you be sure? The leaks page has been for the most part reliable so far. Hopefully, it's a new part we'll get in the future set, as opposed to a fake or a prototype. 

It was a custom part :wink: The rest of the fig was legit, but the helmet wasn’t. At first, I fell for it, but then someone in the thread pointed out that the colour was slightly off     and that it was a custom version of the same helmet we already got (type C). This can be proven by inspecting the top part of the helmet, with type C, the lockjaw part “overlaps” with the round top of the helmet when viewed head-on. Type A’s front part on the other hand is flat and thus doesn’t overlap visually. Back to the leaked image: both helmets had that visual overlap, so they’re both type C thus one was a custom :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Praetorian BP is expected, it's decent, but it's not great. 4 with 3 helmet types would've been nice, but of course that would be too good to be true. What I don't understand from TLG's perspective is why they include one helmet that's already been produced, and not the third kind, that could be bought as an expansion for the throne room set. Of course that would still leave the whole skirt vs. legs thing open, but would make more sense. (albeit more evil :devil:) This probably means we won't get the 3rd mold at all, right? They probably feel the 2 types are similar enough not to warrant a separate mold for them? (A' la Imperial tank driver/Scarif trooper?)

A bit disappointed in the Inferno BP as well, but Iden is without her helmet for the most of the game anyway (why would they hide that face honestly), so that's probably my only purchase for this wave.

Maybe the microfighter with Maul, since  I only have them on a keychain, and they probably won't produce a proper system scaled Infiltrator for a while, and with Solo bombing, doubtful he will ever return on the screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The only thing that kind of bothers me regarding the weapons is the design of the vibro-arbir blade since it‘s supposed to be a two-handed weapon that can split into two, none of which is possible with the minifig version :snicker: The constraction version worked, but this needed a couple of extra parts :wink:

There are always the extra parts though, it's still a great set notherless

The sith infuriator is a great way to get Darth Maul,

And the A wing has an oversized cockpit and thrusters, not to mention the worst sidebuild ever...

The minifigs aren't even good, a recycled A wing pilot and C3PO, who has already appeared in another set in one way! How many of him are we gonna get???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JarJarBonks said:

And the A wing has an oversized cockpit and thrusters, not to mention the worst sidebuild ever...

The minifigs aren't even good, a recycled A wing pilot and C3PO, who has already appeared in another set in one way! How many of him are we gonna get???

I'm not surprised about the build being lackluster - after all, this is a set aimed at small children, who are not old enough to nitpick all the details, but 3PO...why? Doesn't even make any sense to include him, not to mention the other set he's in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, brobert said:

I'm not surprised about the build being lackluster - after all, this is a set aimed at small children, who are not old enough to nitpick all the details, but 3PO...why? Doesn't even make any sense to include him, not to mention the other set he's in.

Probably to give any kids that buy both sets the 2 characters that no doubt appeal most to young children - C3-PO and R2-D2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stevej said:

Probably to give any kids that buy both sets the 2 characters that no doubt appeal most to young children - C3-PO and R2-D2.

both of them are in the dewback "microfighters" sooo..no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gubi0222 said:

I'm a bit disappointed of the helmets in the Praetorian Guard BP. That is one thing that we don't get 3 variants, but if you buy 2 BP and the Throne room set to have all the 8 guards. Because there are only 2 helmet variants, in that case you will have 4 of both. In the movie 6 have very similar looking ones(4 have the same) so the original one could work for them, so I think that would be better if the bp has 1 new and 2 old helmets.

The weapons needs some work, for the blade Electro-bisento would be better the curved blade from the new ninjago weapon pack.

The build is nice whit all of the accesiores, but if I would have multiples, I'll build attachments from them for both sides of the throne room. Than maybe all of the guards could stand there.

 

Btw the A-wing is cute.

Can you send me a BL link to this ninjago weapon pack?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooo disappointed that the praetorian bp includes only 2 helmet variants. I hope we get the remaining 3 bucketheads one day to complete the guard. Sad times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.