Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

23 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

The back of the box shows the sith micro fighter - looks very much like a shirtless Maul. 

It does look that way which is kind of odd if it's based on TPM. I'm sure we'll get clearer pics soon.

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

@JarJarBonks They’ve changed quite a lot actually. Find a picture of the 2014 one (75042) and compare them. You’ll be surprised that the whole set has pretty much been redesigned, save for the round pieces used for the main disc. It’s extremely unfair to say that it looks the same as the one in 2014, because objectively speaking it’s very different.

Now, I don’t like that they’re releasing a droid gunship instead of a different droid vehicle (say, an AAT or something else) but at the same time I can’t deny that it does look really nice and that they’ve put serious work into redesigning it. I don’t say this often with Star Wars vehicles but I’m considering the possibility of buying it, which I almost never do for Star Wars sets.

Here’s to hoping they’ve intentionally released the shit vehicles before the Clone Wars airs again to capitalise on the cooler ones.

Good point. They seem to be using a new dark blue piece for the top too. But I'm more of a fan of the AT AP, and I'll consider getting it since I missed out on the last one.

Just saw the inferno squad BP, it looks awesome! It's a must get for me. It would have been nicer if Iden had a helmet though.

The droid escape looks nice, but is it still the same price as a standard microfighter dualpack?

The box design for the 4+ X-Wing shows a flying 2x2 round tile. Is this some new kind of shooter or just something i've never seen before?

6 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

The box design for the 4+ X-Wing shows a flying 2x2 round tile. Is this some new kind of shooter or just something i've never seen before?

TLG has always been using this type of shooting play funtion in the juniors series.

Though the droid and her helmet are missing; I just realized something that makes things up in the interno squad BP: first time we ever get a black Batman belt piece!

..and since there's always a spare one, we'll get 2 :thumbup:

I can't stop thinking about the possibles usage of them.. this will bring me back to buy a SW set finaly

Love the Droid Gunship. Massive improvement over the other editions. I actually like the 4+ X-Wing kit. The side build is very well done and the X-Wing itself is still very recognizable with some great printed parts.

I'm liking the little vignettes TLG is releasing. That Death Star escape set, though tiny, would make a pretty neat desk piece.

It's a shame the inferno battlepack comes with only 3 helmets, unless the fourth is hidden somewhere. What are the differences between this AT-AP and the last one? Last one was awesome.

Is this the whole wave? I know winter waves don't come with many big sets, but do they usually come with so few sets?

New versions of vehicles we got 5 years ago, skip. Microfighter, skip. Battle packs, skip. New little Death Star set, hey now here's a not too shabby set. Nice way for people to get a Death Star scene without paying $500. Juniors set is not bad as well. Surprises me quite a lot. This first wave overall is boring. Death Star is nice, but Vader's Castle is the only set I have even a thought of buying. Hopefully the 20th anniversary sets pick up the slack. 

Solid, but kinda small wave so far. Standouts for me would be the Dewback microfighter, which has neat figs and an ADORABLE dewback, the 4+ X-wing, which is cute, affordable and mod-able, and the Death Star escape, which is just really cool, figures and all!

Sandtrooper helmet has new helmet design but the print looks pretty much the same as the current Sandtrooper. Have to wait until release I guess to see if it's changed significantly.

Inferno Squad Battlepack looks fun if you're a fan of the game.

Death Star Escape reminds me of Duel on Naboo and not in a good way...again happy to be pleasantly surprised when I see the finished product.

Death Star Escape is a bit bigger than I was expecting. I like that it folds out like that.

Dewback is still fantastic.

Interesting that they included the 4th member of Inferno Squad since all she did is die in a prequel novel, but what else were they going to do I guess. Hopefully it actually includes 4 helmets though...

X-Wing is a joke and obviously not for us, but if there's one thing that always bothered the crap out of me as a kid it was open cockpits on spaceships. That printed nose is fantastic, or at least it would be if only it were grey... (if it were a sticker we could put it on a grey piece instead. Just a thought)

Edited by Magmafrost

I agree the new stormtrooper helmet looks bad, I don't mind Lego re-issuing older sets for us that missed out on a few of them. Ill be grabbing 6 of those droid ships for sure, one of my favorite designs as well as inferno battle pack. I am a bit thankful that there wont be too many sets that Ill buy in this next round to give my wallet a break ! :) 

10 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

The back of the box shows the sith micro fighter - looks very much like a shirtless Maul. 

I think there is a trans-red cheese slope in front of Maul which makes you confuse it for a shirtless torso.

2 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

but if there's one thing that always bothered the crap out of me as a kid it was open cockpits on spaceships.

And here I was thinking I was the only weird kid who felt like that :)

3 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

Death Star Escape is a bit bigger than I was expecting. I like that it folds out like that.

Dewback is still fantastic.

Interesting that they included the 4th member of Inferno Squad since all she did is die in a prequel novel, but what else were they going to do I guess. Hopefully it actually includes 4 helmets though...

What I miss from the IS BP is the droid, it doesn't seem to be included. They could've just put that in as a small build and leave the 4th member as far as I've concerned. 

But, I'm glad to see they went the extra mile (more like mm) and actually included some weapon builds, instead of just plain stud-shooters.

Is there a proper picture of the Darth Maul set that someone can share?  

13 hours ago, Terrasher said:

What are the differences between this AT-AP and the last one? Last one was awesome.

A few minor details here and there but it’s 95% identical to the 2014 one.

Wait a minute, the picture brickset has of the inferno squad has the same body for all of them except Iden???

The earlier version of the Inferno Squad battle pack had Idens seeker droid as a backpack. It seems like they scratched that as I don't see it anywhere on the official box. 

I might buy the battle packs, think this is the first wave since i started collected 4 years ago that it's actually possible that I won't buy anything. But somehow it's good, I can justify for myself to buy the Cloud City instead. 

for what it is worth several of the big lego blogs/fan sites have the leaked images posted today ...

For what it's worth, I think the leaked images have been 1984'd.  I saw them on my phone on Brickset this morning, but now I can't find them on any mainstream sites.

Looks like the articles have all been annihilated, but I found the comment thread for the article.  "Our position's correct, except...no Alderaan!"  Or is it more like Kamino?

https://brickset.com/article/40026/2019-star-wars-sets-revealed!

Edited by RogueTwo

18 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

For what it's worth, I think the leaked images have been 1984'd.  I saw them on my phone on Brickset this morning, but now I can't find them on any mainstream sites.

Looks like the articles have all been annihilated, but I found the comment thread for the article.  "Our position's correct, except...no Alderaan!"  Or is it more like Kamino?

https://brickset.com/article/40026/2019-star-wars-sets-revealed!

I think you're right; Brickset's article was still there an hour or two ago, but is now conspicuous only by its absence. 'I felt a great disturbance in the force.' :)

I think i'll grab the escape pod/dewback. I like the dirty Sandtrooper. And the Death Star Escape easily is one of the best small playsets ever. And the white bat-belt is frickin' awesome!

A german site removed the pics, because the went offline on bricklink, another one still shows 'em.

Edited by m4st3rt3ch