Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, Supersonic said:

The 4+ X-Wing is a perfectly fine toy for children. We're used to seeing fighters like the X-Wing made with high attention to detail, as models rather than toys, but this will sell very well with the target audience.

One thing I would have been disappointed about as a kid is the complete lack of astromech - no R2D2 included, no space for it either.

r2 is included. 

**75235 _X-Wing Starfighter Trench Run_**
132 pieces
• LEGO® 4+ sets are specially designed to be fun and easy for youngsters and help to grow their confidence with simple building steps for the perfect start to LEGO brick building. 
• Includes 2 LEGO® Star Wars™ minifigures: Luke Skywalker in his X-wing pilot suit and a Stormtrooper, plus an R2-D2 LEGO figure. 
• This set features an easy-to-build X-wing Starfighter and a turret with firing disc shooters. 
• X-wing, as seen in the blockbuster Star Wars™: A New Hope movie, features opening wings and a cockpit to sit Luke in, plus a Starter Brick base to quickly get your child building and playing in an exciting LEGO® Star Wars galaxy far, far away. 
• Weapons include Luke’s Lightsaber and the Stormtrooper’s blaster. 
• LEGO® 4+ introduces your child to a wide universe of their movie favourites, TV characters and everyday heroes. 
• LEGO® 4+ play sets were previously branded as LEGO Juniors and are compatible with all LEGO building toys for creative play. 
• Makes an ideal gift for preschoolers and youngsters. 
• Combines with the 75237 _TIE Fighter Attack_ and 75247 _Rebel A-Wing Starfighter_ 4+ sets for loads of fun-filled Star Wars™ adventures in the stars. 
• X-wing LEGO® Star Wars™ construction toy measures over 3” (9cm) high, 5” (15cm) long and 7” (18cm) wide.

Just now, GryffindorResistance said:

AT-DP and Droid Gunship look great, just feel like they were unnecessary and we could've got better sets!

I'm happy for the droid gunship as I don't have one yet

The droid gunship is absolutely beautiful! I have the one from 2014 but I'm still gonna get it as I'm a big fan of the craft. I just wish we got a different Jedi than Yoda...

Waiting anxiously for images of praetorian bp to surface

Oooh higher res images!! X-Wing looks perfectly fine for kids. For $20 (I think?) it is great value for kids to get a complete X-Wing build (shame about the cockpit though) and 3 figures. Even for $30 it's good for kids.

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

i just peed myself from laughing so hard at the 4+ x-wing ...

My first thought was that Luke is going to get sucked sideways out of that 'cockpit' ?. But I'm clearly not the target audience and I'm sure kids will love it. I think maybe this solves the helmet 'mystery' apart from issues of cost etc - the new helmet would be too big for Luke to wear and fit under that cockpit piece. You can see he has to lean right back as it is.

I see Chewbacca has remarkably aged backwards from his younger looking self from the Han Solo sets. Not that I mind, as that figure is perfectly good enough.

As for the camo droids, did they ever actually appear on screen in either ROTS or Clone Wars? I honestly can't remember seeing them, but they are very cool.

Edited by BacktoBricks

A few months ago I posted a digital build of a simple little X-wing inspired by the makeshifts I built as a kid when my big brother had the 1999 X-wing and I didn't.  I'm still gonna build that in real life sometime, but this 4+ model is actually a much better match to what I was aiming for back then.  So if I've bought every other minifig X-wing for my twelve-year-old self, I'm buying this one for my six-year-old self.

Man, I really thought the preliminary  minifigs for the droid Gunship and AT-AP were only stand-ins. I thought Lego wouldn’t do something that dumb. What should I have expected? Those two sets are such a colossal waste. Almost identical to the last ones. Every minifig spot is a complete waste except the new battle droids. It’s helpful for my wallet though! But man, what a terrible waste of Lego Star Wars slots.

Do we know what set that finch dallow leaked figure is supposed to be in? I'm assuming it'll be in this wave considering the fact that there's already a production figure out there.

Saw all of the leaks. The AT AP and droid gunship is soo similar to the one in 2016!

The juniors X wing looks pretty bad but it is a juniors set.

Sill no V-19 :(

2 minutes ago, jhaelego said:

Do we know what set that finch dallow leaked figure is supposed to be in? I'm assuming it'll be in this wave considering the fact that there's already a production figure out there.

it'll be in a retailer exclusive.

14 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Dunno why they did a droid gunship, but god damn it looks nice.

It looks like the one they did in 2016

32 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Man, I really thought the preliminary  minifigs for the droid Gunship and AT-AP were only stand-ins. I thought Lego wouldn’t do something that dumb. What should I have expected? Those two sets are such a colossal waste. Almost identical to the last ones. Every minifig spot is a complete waste except the new battle droids. It’s helpful for my wallet though! But man, what a terrible waste of Lego Star Wars slots.

Agreed.

Just now, JarJarBonks said:

Saw all of the leaks. The AT AP and droid gunship is soo similar to the one in 2016!

The juniors X wing looks pretty bad but it is a juniors set.

Sill no V-19 :(

that's not all ... the death star escape is coming now ...

Just now, LegoLord54 said:

2016? I thought it was 2014

My bad. I got confused...

Just now, Tidy said:

that's not all ... the death star escape is coming now ...

Yep, but the official pics haven't been leaked out yet.

Just now, JarJarBonks said:

My bad. I got confused...

Yep, but the official pics haven't been leaked out yet.

actually they have ... and you'll be seeing them soon ...

i'd post one here if i wouldn't get in trouble ...

it folds out ... and is nice ...

Immerse any Star Wars™ fan in an unforgettable space adventure with the LEGO® Star Wars 75229 Death Star Escape set. Recreating the epic scene from Star Wars: A New Hope featuring Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia, this great set includes a hinged Death Star setting with an entrance, lever-activated closing door and retracting walkway, plus a second section with a platform, access ladder, hidden Mouse Droid and an opening box with electrobinoculars. Fans will love to attach Leia to Luke's back, help him grab the grappling hook and swing over the chasm to safety away from the Stormtrooper. Includes 3 minifigures and a Mouse Droid LEGO figure.

3 minutes ago, Tidy said:

Immerse any Star Wars™ fan in an unforgettable space adventure with the LEGO® Star Wars 75229 Death Star Escape set. Recreating the epic scene from Star Wars: A New Hope featuring Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia, this great set includes a hinged Death Star setting with an entrance, lever-activated closing door and retracting walkway, plus a second section with a platform, access ladder, hidden Mouse Droid and an opening box with electrobinoculars. Fans will love to attach Leia to Luke's back, help him grab the grappling hook and swing over the chasm to safety away from the Stormtrooper. Includes 3 minifigures and a Mouse Droid LEGO figure.

Just saw it. It looks great! The new stormtrooper still bugs me though. The mouse droid is a great addition too.

@JarJarBonks They’ve changed quite a lot actually. Find a picture of the 2014 one (75042) and compare them. You’ll be surprised that the whole set has pretty much been redesigned, save for the round pieces used for the main disc. It’s extremely unfair to say that it looks the same as the one in 2014, because objectively speaking it’s very different.

Now, I don’t like that they’re releasing a droid gunship instead of a different droid vehicle (say, an AAT or something else) but at the same time I can’t deny that it does look really nice and that they’ve put serious work into redesigning it. I don’t say this often with Star Wars vehicles but I’m considering the possibility of buying it, which I almost never do for Star Wars sets.

Here’s to hoping they’ve intentionally released the shit vehicles before the Clone Wars airs again to capitalise on the cooler ones.

Edited by Bartybum

16 minutes ago, Tidy said:

It looks great - maybe the first set in a modular death star (I know it won't be - no connecting pins). Love the white utility belt for Luke too! Thinking that would look great on biker scouts. 

The dewback microfighter set is next :thumbup: The Sandtrooper also has the new helmet mould, so at least it‘s consistent within the wave :grin:

Edit: Didn‘t the initial rumors include a second dual pack? On the back of the box, only the Sith Infiltrator and the Naboo Starfighter microfighters are advertised, so looks like that one is definitely off the table, whatever it may have been  :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Official pictures for the Escape Pod and Dewback Microfighters and the Inferno Battlepack leaked.

The Sandtrooper has an orange pauldron and the new helmet mold.

The Inferno minifigures include Iden and 3 other troopers with the Hask torso. There is no exclusive Del torso print :sceptic:. Iden has Padme's AOTC hair molded in black and medium flesh head.

Edited by avengers777

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The dewback microfighter set is next :thumbup: The Sandtrooper also has the new helmet mould, so at least it‘s consistent within the wave :grin:

The back of the box shows the sith micro fighter - looks very much like a shirtless Maul. 

No obvious helmet for Iden in the battlepack though...

Edited by Richpepperell

And the Batman belt is used in the Inferno Squad BP as well :sweet: Iden looks great, Padmé‘s AOTC hairpiece in black is a perfect choice for her :thumbup:

Let‘s hope the Praetorian Guard BP is next so that the skirt/helmet debate can finally rest in peace :grin:

Edited by Lego-Freak