Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

On 12/14/2019 at 12:56 AM, RogueTwo said:

Thanks!  We’ll see what Bricklink is like now that TLG has control, but yeah, I figure that it should be fairly affordable given that I have:

a. Over one whole year to acquire the pieces

b. Set 75218, which seems to be the backbone of the Candy X-Wing (the only changes are cosmetic, as far as I can tell)

and 

c. I don’t care if it’s 100% accurate as long as it looks good

Well, I must say that Im not too pleased about TLG aquiring bricklink. Alteady they have striken down on third party accessory suppliers and customparts, for no reason other than to eliminationen competition it seems.

Wouldnt be suprised if they inrease fees and put other restrictions as well.

1 hour ago, Sneakguest said:

Well, I must say that Im not too pleased about TLG aquiring bricklink. Alteady they have striken down on third party accessory suppliers and customparts, for no reason other than to eliminationen competition it seems.

Wouldnt be suprised if they inrease fees and put other restrictions as well.

No doubt—I’m a bit worried about how things will be next year.  Maybe I’m being paranoid, but part of me wants to complete my licensed minifigure wanted list in case they put restrictions on selling Star Wars figs. 

Just built the TIE Dagger. Very swooshable and the red pieces POP. I like the new wedge plates. One issue ist the front of the cockpit, it's too flat. And we really need wedged tiles.

Boo! Just noticed Poe’s Xwing (unlike the last 2) only has two of the firing bricks. Combined with a £10 price increase - on a previous price that was already dubious - and I’m left a bit annoyed.

4 hours ago, DrasticPlastic said:

Boo! Just noticed Poe’s Xwing (unlike the last 2) only has two of the firing bricks. Combined with a £10 price increase - on a previous price that was already dubious - and I’m left a bit annoyed.

Spring shooters or the ammo for it? I don't own the last OT X-Wing, but both past Resistance X-Wings have only 2 spring shooters and 3x ammo.

On 12/31/2019 at 1:08 AM, m4st3rt3ch said:

Spring shooters or the ammo for it? I don't own the last OT X-Wing, but both past Resistance X-Wings have only 2 spring shooters and 3x ammo.

The new X-Wing only has 2 spring shooters on the underside. The TFA T-70s and the last T-65 had 4, 2 on the bottom and 2 on the top. 

Honestly, I prefer it with only 2 shooters, it makes the model more accurate. Plus those things are very prone to misfiring. I much prefer when the shooters are integrated into the build instead of just being slapped on top. 

13 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

The new X-Wing only has 2 spring shooters on the underside. The TFA T-70s and the last T-65 had 4, 2 on the bottom and 2 on the top. 

Honestly, I prefer it with only 2 shooters, it makes the model more accurate. Plus those things are very prone to misfiring. I much prefer when the shooters are integrated into the build instead of just being slapped on top. 

You're right, i don't know why i thought it being 2. Maybe because i don't use them.

Is anyone else seeing 75248 and 75249 on their store shelves? My Walmart has been sold out of them since the week before Christmas, and I don’t have either of them yet. Amazon has them for 20% off, but are brick and mortar retailers done with these sets?

3 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

Is anyone else seeing 75248 and 75249 on their store shelves? My Walmart has been sold out of them since the week before Christmas, and I don’t have either of them yet. Amazon has them for 20% off, but are brick and mortar retailers done with these sets?

Other than a few leftover Millennium Falcon and Passana Speeder Chase sets I haven't seen any of the Force Friday wave in stock for quite some time now. I'm wondering if they had a lower production run as the new 2020 sets are out on shelves but none of the previous wave is getting restocked.