Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

10 hours ago, dvogon said:

I find this weird, as the inclusion of someĀ interior in the UCS MF was a very welcome feature that was well advertised in the box andĀ even displayed as such in Lego stores with some of the panels out to see the interior.

To me choosing from start to avoid having any kind of interior is a step back on quality for a UCS set of this kind. Even the Superstardestroyer had one and with a way better selection of minifigs.

This is the SD, not the SSD. The SSD maybe longer, but it has way less volume and internal open space, which indeed may make it easier for adding some interior. Same for the MF.

Did the last SD have interior or a great minifig-selection?

14 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

This is the SD, not the SSD. The SSD maybe longer, but it has way less volume and internal open space, which indeed may make it easier for adding some interior. Same for the MF.

Did the last SD have interior or a great minifig-selection?

The last system-scale Star Destroyer had many more minifigures.

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

System scale is usually best bang for buck. Lots of minifigs and swoosh-able! I sold off most of my UCS sets...only kept the minifig scale ones (MF, Slave 1, Imperial Shuttle).

18 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

You name it, system scale, not UCS.

The new MANDO trailer makes me want that ship even more. Since season 2 is already in production, i'd say it's a save bet for a set, but the colours... I fear that's what could break it's neck.

3 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

You name it, system scale, not UCS.

The new MANDO trailer makes me want that ship even more. Since season 2 is already in production, i'd say it's a save bet for a set, but the colours... I fear that's what could break it's neck.

It most likely still depends on wether or not the AT-ST sells

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Dont think it's that easy. Doesn't sound logical toĀ base further production on a whole series of sales. But it made me think about now if there has even been a poll trying to figure out whether it is the figures or the builds are the main pulls for purchase.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Sets for the next year were decided long before the AT-ST hit shelves. Whether it sells or not won't impact any additional MandalorianĀ sets coming in 2020.

2021, perhaps...Ā 

We're also in desperate need of some more Resistance sets. We obviously need the Fireball, but I'd love to see some of the pirate ships represented as well.

4 hours ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

We're also in desperate need of some more Resistance sets. We obviously need the Fireball, but I'd love to see some of the pirate ships represented as well.

I completely agree, especially since the show is getting a little better with most episodes. But since the show is hated by so many people andĀ the 2 existing Resistance sets didn't sellĀ that well (at least to my knowledge)Ā I don't really see us getting more

The 75254Ā AT-ST is a bit expensive, so better get it with some discount,Ā but at least it's a complete AT-ST!Ā :laugh:Ā The minifigs selection for the set is also very good. So at least it has some options to sell well. The last half AT-ST set had none.Ā 

Future sets are always unknown... I still wonder why we haven't got any additional RO sets :sceptic:. I guess the pace of the films and series releasesĀ is too fast.

On 10/23/2019 at 6:57 PM, Drewsko said:

Has there been any updates on when/if (a sad possibility) the 20th Obi-Wan polybag will be distributed? Been expecting it as a store giveaway, even the Force Friday incentive, but no sign of it yet officially. Is it still going to come up within the year? Given the buzz about upcoming giveaways for other theme's I'm a little worried some things are getting squeezed out.

I'm wondering the same thing... anyone?

Iā€™ve just finished building the Tantive IV and I have one of the stickers labelled number 2 left over which makes me think I missed one somewhere, but canā€™t fjnd it anywhere. Did anyone else have one left over?

1 hour ago, HothFan1987 said:

Iā€™ve just finished building the Tantive IV and I have one of the stickers labelled number 2 left over which makes me think I missed one somewhere, but canā€™t fjnd it anywhere. Did anyone else have one left over?

Hmmm... None leftover for me.

I two applied on steps 185 (page 134)Ā and steps 381 (page 220) in the instruction manual.

44 minutes ago, lomis said:

Hmmm... None leftover for me.

I two applied on steps 185 (page 134)Ā and steps 381 (page 220) in the instruction manual.

Thank you for replying, I doubled checked those steps and Iā€™d done them both but it helped me spot a blank square - Iā€™d missed step 225, so thank you!

On 10/30/2019 at 9:49 PM, The_Chosen_1 said:

I think at this point all we can do is hold out hope for a fireball. Pirate ships would be great, but it's really unlikely we'd get them in only the second wave. That said, I would have said the same thing about black ace and a first wave of 2 sets.

On 11/5/2019 at 12:32 AM, thorin said:

I'm wondering the same thing... anyone?

No clue.:shrug_confused:

I'm not so happy with theĀ 41st Elite Corps Trooper since the printing of the visor is too small. I think it should look more like this:

Ā 

sw0518_ul2.jpg

Finally the Sandcrawler gets some decent screentime. Didn't expect these things being so quick. 75220 suddenly looks much more interesting.

20 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Finally the Sandcrawler gets some decent screentime. Didn't expect these things being so quick. 75220 suddenly looks much more interesting.

I know right? I suddenly really have the urge toĀ 

Spoiler

buy the Sandcrawler and mod it a bit to look more like the Mando Sandcrawler

Ā 

I think the visor of the Mandalorian should be more slender...more like on the Right picture:

sjdmjgv8.jpg

Ā 

Edited by Brickadeer

7 minutes ago, TwoSolitudes said:

Anyone know if the Black Friday 30% off will include the ISD?

I doubt it but I'll ask the associates at my store this weekend if they have the list readily available.Ā 

2 hours ago, TwoSolitudes said:

Anyone know if the Black Friday 30% off will include the ISD?

It's a 700$ set that just came out, I think that says enoughĀ :wink:

I imagine we won't be seeing Cloud City again in the LEGO Store. Is this one of the shortest Star Wars UCS / MBS runs? How long did Assault on Hoth last?