Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

Death Star Cannon Review:

Can't say there's much about this set I like. The hood is ok but I'm sure I'll have tons of them before long. I guess the gun looks a bit better than I thought it would.

I'll probably buy this, just because it's only $20 and I've always liked the death star. Might connect it to the death star one from january.

6 hours ago, Whovastron said:

What are the promos for triple force Friday? I know there’s the battle of Ensor set, which I wasn’t fussed about but since getting the hoth one with the ISD, I really want it. But is there gonna be anything else? Double points? A poly bag?

Expect double VIP points, though endor may be all we get freebie wise, at least for actual bricks and not just a poster or something.

2 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

figs though disappointing; as for Obi Wan the old paper cape reused + black face for the dark red character

Do you mean the obi-wan from the gun turret has the paper cape, or the snowtrooper from this set? Because obi-wan's not in this set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

Well I expect at least double vip + the endor set; there's also the 20th anniversary obi wan poly pag that is yet to be released. 

 

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

Expect double VIP points, though endor may be all we get freebie wise, at least for actual bricks and not just a poster or something.

Thanks for the replies! Will probably just grab myself Kylo Ren’s shuttle so I can get Endor. Will look nice next to The Battle of hoth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Thanks for the replies! Will probably just grab myself Kylo Ren’s shuttle so I can get Endor. Will look nice next to The Battle of hoth

I'm gonna try to make one for tatooine, rep the whole origional trilogy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like that new red Y-Wing, I liked the red version from the clone wars but obviously we will never get that, so this is nice to have instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm gonna try to make one for tatooine, rep the whole origional trilogy

I think a trench run would be a cool one to have for a new Hope, so it’s three battles; Yavin, Hoth and Endor

would be cool if we could get some more; Naboo, Geonosis, Kashyyyk, Takodana, Crait etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new A-wing looks a lot better in the reviews. It looks much thinner and proportionally longer and sleeker in its profile. The cannons are still ugly and I do not like the blue pins both at the cannons and at the back. The back also seems to lack detail.

Also it is really dumb that the cockpit does not even come with a control panel or some kind of control stick. It even has an empty 1x2 space in front of the pilot. Talk about cutting corners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I think a trench run would be a cool one to have for a new Hope, so it’s three battles; Yavin, Hoth and Endor

would be cool if we could get some more; Naboo, Geonosis, Kashyyyk, Takodana, Crait etc.

Definately. I was just saying that personally I will make a tatooine one to represent the whole trilogy. At least to me, tatooine, hoth, and endor are main planets of the origional trilogy.

18 hours ago, Chromide said:

I really like that new red Y-Wing, I liked the red version from the clone wars but obviously we will never get that, so this is nice to have instead.

I also like the red colour. The mcquarrism of the design is nice too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

Also it is really dumb that the cockpit does not even come with a control panel or some kind of control stick. It even has an empty 1x2 space in front of the pilot. Talk about cutting corners.

I never understood why LEGO does this. Is one extra piece really going to make that much of a difference? Especially considering all the instances where they use two parts instead of one, like them using two cheese slopes next to each other instead of using a 1x2 cheese slope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This set is so amazing, I love it.

I think all of you should see this review. When I saw the first pictures, I thought that it looks horrible. After this review, I think it's amazing. They couldn't do it better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was pretty sure the box art didn't do Yoda justice, and it seems it really was the case. There are still some angles that feel weird, but overall it is a very convincing scuplture, I might just buy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that the Yoda looks soooo much better IRL than on the pictures. The plaque of that set has that black and blue image of Yoda in the background, there is some additional shading added around the pieces in his face, making it more clear where his mouth is supposed to be. It's a shame there is not as much shadow in that area as on that image, but at least this time I can see where Yoda's (closed) mouth is supposed to be. The lightsaber build is also quite nice.

Kylo Ren's shuttle is amazing. Even the greebling is superior to the old one (though I still like that inaccurate set for its own shaping and details). It is a shame the wings do not have retractable landing gear as while it is a relief they kept the boarding ramp function on the new one, it is kinda useless because the shuttle sits way too low to the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like Kylo Ren's Shuttle, but I think I'm going to wait for a good discount on that one. The only day one purchase for me is the Falcon (don't have one yet)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I really like Kylo Ren's Shuttle, but I think I'm going to wait for a good discount on that one. The only day one purchase for me is the Falcon (don't have one yet)

I managed to get a good deal on the TFA one (from someone who worked on the movie, no less!) but seeing that Falcon kind of makes me wish I'd held out for this one. The proportions of the mandibles and lack of gaps really make a difference (although in an ideal world, I would just get the UCS) 

Edited by SEmrys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, SEmrys said:

I managed to get a good deal on the TFA one (from someone who worked on the movie, no less!) but seeing that Falcon kind of makes me wish I'd held out for this one. The proportions proportions of the mandibles and lack of gaps really make a difference (although in an ideal world, I would just get the UCS) 

Yeah I really hated the gaps in the previous Falcons so I didn't get any of them and I don't have the money for the UCS. This one is perfect for me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I really like Kylo Ren's Shuttle, but I think I'm going to wait for a good discount on that one. The only day one purchase for me is the Falcon (don't have one yet)

Same here with the falcon, except I'm not 100% sure if I'll pick it up day one or wait until christmastime. I'm already planning on getting the mandalorian set and maybe another HOA.

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Honestly the new hood piece in black is perfect to make better looking Nazgûl, so I’m really excited about that

Agreed

9 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think all of you should see this review. When I saw the first pictures, I thought that it looks horrible. After this review, I think it's amazing. They couldn't do it better.

I agree, looks much better without all the shade on the boxart. If I was more into statues or the PT I'd pick it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Shuttle and the Falcon look excellent. The Hood piece would be very useful in more colours. I feel like the set could've included the doorway for the duel between Ben and Vader rather than the cannon. But its still a decent set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Honestly the new hood piece in black is perfect to make better looking Nazgûl, so I’m really excited about that

Fingers crossed for the return of LEGO LotR/Hobbit (though I don't think it will ever return)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly my biggest problem with the Yoda was and still is how blocky(ya I get it it's LEGO blah, blah) and stud-covered it is. It doesn't feel like a proper modern LEGO design and it really stands out agaisnt the smooth modern design of the head hands and feet. It's jarring. The robes should have been made with tiles and curved pieces to give it proper shape and smoothness. It really just doesn't look good imho. The head, hands, feet and lightsaber do look great though but it's really ruined by the robes.

Edited by ToaDraco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tariq j said:

The Shuttle and the Falcon look excellent. The Hood piece would be very useful in more colours. I feel like the set could've included the doorway for the duel between Ben and Vader rather than the cannon. But its still a decent set.

Black and Brown are the only really common colors, though grey and white would be nice too.

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Fingers crossed for the return of LEGO LotR/Hobbit (though I don't think it will ever return)

Don't want to get off topic, all I'll say is there's an LOTR universe amazon series coming soon. Speaking of the hood part, and the knight it belongs too, weren't there 3 knights leaked? Along with the mando torso and obi-wan and anakin heads, that's a sizable amount of leaks for january 2020 as early as september.

2 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Honestly my biggest problem with the Yoda was and still is how blocky(ya I get it it's LEGO blah, blah) and stud-covered it is. It doesn't feel like a proper modern LEGO design and it really stands out agaisnt the smooth modern design of the head hands and feet. It's jarring. The robes should have been made with tiles and curved pieces to give it proper shape and smoothness. It really just doesn't look good imho. The head, hands, feet and lightsaber do look great though but it's really ruined by the robes.

I do agree the robes should have been tiles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Honestly my biggest problem with the Yoda was and still is how blocky(ya I get it it's LEGO blah, blah) and stud-covered it is. It doesn't feel like a proper modern LEGO design and it really stands out agaisnt the smooth modern design of the head hands and feet. It's jarring. The robes should have been made with tiles and curved pieces to give it proper shape and smoothness. It really just doesn't look good imho. The head, hands, feet and lightsaber do look great though but it's really ruined by the robes.

Completely agree, it ruins the look

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Speaking of the hood part, and the knight it belongs too, weren't there 3 knights leaked? Along with the mando torso and obi-wan and anakin heads, that's a sizable amount of leaks for january 2020 as early as september.

Yup, the third Knight of Ren is speculated to come in the TIE Dagger set. But that's an active discussion in the 2020 thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When is the actual release date for the new Star Wars sets? I saw them in an Aussie retail store today @ 20% off. Unfortunately I was travelling and didn’t have room in carry-on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Markalus said:

When is the actual release date for the new Star Wars sets? I saw them in an Aussie retail store today @ 20% off. Unfortunately I was travelling and didn’t have room in carry-on. 

October 4th, but a lot of stores (most of them in the US) don't give a crap about streetdates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

October 4th, but a lot of stores (most of them in the US) don't give a crap about streetdates

Thanks. I’m surprised TLG don’t get out their big stick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.