Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Yee said:

Huh. I got mine from the same store and I got wheels. Maybe they dropped the wheels when volume picked up? It is a cute idea but admittedly I can see the problems with it. Was it in the shipping container still or just the set box?

The wheels were only for a limited number of the set. I can't remember how many were produced, but it was only a small number per store as a novelty for the launch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Yee said:

Huh. I got mine from the same store and I got wheels. Maybe they dropped the wheels when volume picked up? It is a cute idea but admittedly I can see the problems with it. Was it in the shipping container still or just the set box?

It was still in the shipping box. He said they hadn’t gotten any of the wheels in yet. I had been on a waiting list and ended up picking it up the December after it was released, right when they got new stock after the initial fiasco. So they still hadn’t gotten everything quite figured out yet. Loved that lego store btw. Great people working there too, I made some buddies, I was in there so often. Definitely my favorite lego store I’ve been to

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I just stumbled upon this Dutch store: https://www.hetdeensesteentje.nl/nl/category/voorverkoop/ 

They have HD pictures for all of the Rise of Skywalker sets (the ones where you can zoom in very close)

Excellent find! Now this is what I've been looking forward to :wub_drool: Time to drool all over the pictures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I just stumbled upon this Dutch store: https://www.hetdeensesteentje.nl/nl/category/voorverkoop/ 

They have HD pictures for all of the Rise of Skywalker sets (the ones where you can zoom in very close)

Good find. It’s nice to get a good look at the treadspeeder driver, it’s cool that he’s different from regular stormtroopers. I do wish we got more regular stormtroopers than just the one in the Shuttle set though. I know they’re nothing special but it’s nice to army build, especially since we got so many of TFA Stormtrooper type and not very many of TLJ type

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

They have HD pictures for all of the Rise of Skywalker sets (the ones where you can zoom in very close)

Those mandalorian figures are amazing. (proceeds to stare blankly at the image of the set, ignoring any responsibilities for the next few weeks)

48 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Good find. It’s nice to get a good look at the treadspeeder driver, it’s cool that he’s different from regular stormtroopers. I do wish we got more regular stormtroopers than just the one in the Shuttle set though. I know they’re nothing special but it’s nice to army build, especially since we got so many of TFA Stormtrooper type and not very many of TLJ type

Nice catch, he is different. And yeah, the TLJ troopers have a much better design than TFA ones so I get your point of wanting more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Those mandalorian figures are amazing. (proceeds to stare blankly at the image of the set, ignoring any responsibilities for the next few weeks)

Nice catch, he is different. And yeah, the TLJ troopers have a much better design than TFA ones so I get your point of wanting more. 

Don’t get me wrong, TFA version was accurate to that film but when the trooper helmets changed in TLJ, lego didn’t change the minifig design until after the waves of TLJ sets had been released. They did rerelease that FO battle pack with the new design which was great. A new battle pack with the updated design would be nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Don’t get me wrong, TFA version was accurate to that film but when the trooper helmets changed in TLJ, lego didn’t change the minifig design until after the waves of TLJ sets had been released. They did rerelease that FO battle pack with the new design which was great. A new battle pack with the updated design would be nice

What is the difference?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just noticed that the C3-PO in the millenium falcon has a silver left leg when he is actually now completely golden which the C3-PO Polybag had. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Don’t get me wrong, TFA version was accurate to that film but when the trooper helmets changed in TLJ, lego didn’t change the minifig design until after the waves of TLJ sets had been released. They did rerelease that FO battle pack with the new design which was great. A new battle pack with the updated design would be nice

It would, but it seems for now he has to be 1 per pack in random other packs *coughs in preatorian guard*

1 hour ago, TeeNuggetTa said:

I just noticed that the C3-PO in the millenium falcon has a silver left leg when he is actually now completely golden which the C3-PO Polybag had. 

Probably a homage to ANH

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Probably a homage to ANH

 

It’s just the same leg printing he’s always had in the updated versions. They just didn’t change it to be accurate to the sequels except for the exclusive polybag. I’ve been thinking about getting a handful of those poly bags to make some nice fully printed C-3POs and there’s a guy on eBay who sells a custom printed golden left arm to replace the red one and match the other

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting to come around on the ISD.  

I didn't like the gaps.  I didn't like the flimsiness of the design.

I'm starting to be ok with the gaps.  Lego isn't a perfect medium.  I just finished building the Tantive iv.  It has gaps.  I don't mind the gaps in the falcons.  There is a certain charm to the aesthetic.  Some studs and small gaps don't ruin it.  They give it character.

I am still not a fan of how much the plates flex under very minimal pressure making me think the inner structure could be designed better but...I'm half way there.

This was the set I wanted most and I was pretty disappointed with the reveal.  I'm not 100% satisfied but I'm starting to think I might be ok with it.  Still on the fence about purchasing it, but the gaps are bothering me less.

Edited by lego the hutt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TeeNuggetTa said:

I just noticed that the C3-PO in the millenium falcon has a silver left leg when he is actually now completely golden which the C3-PO Polybag had. 

That's probably just lego being lazy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It’s just the same leg printing he’s always had in the updated versions. They just didn’t change it to be accurate to the sequels except for the exclusive polybag. I’ve been thinking about getting a handful of those poly bags to make some nice fully printed C-3POs and there’s a guy on eBay who sells a custom printed golden left arm to replace the red one and match the other

I thought the guy who said he has a silver leg meant that the entire leg was silver, not the printing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2019 at 5:58 AM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

When I picked up my Falcon they didn’t have the wheeled carriers. I was living in Minnesota at the time and I got it from the Lego store in the Mall Of America so I had to carry that gigantic box around the entire mall (which is MASSIVE) and up two levels to get back to the parking lot. And of course none of the escalators were operational that day.

Use to live in Minnesota and went to that mall quite a bit that was a huge undertaking on your part. I'm sure your arms were pumped after carrying that thing around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got another update from my local LEGO store that they now have 24 ISD's in stock for its release. Also, they said they won't be having the wheels for it :(

Looks like LEGO is really prepared for a sell like the Falcon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Evergreen said:

Got another update from my local LEGO store that they now have 24 ISD's in stock for its release. Also, they said they won't be having the wheels for it :(

Looks like LEGO is really prepared for a sell like the Falcon. 

Good to hear, thank you for the info

23 minutes ago, KevinYoung said:

Use to live in Minnesota and went to that mall quite a bit that was a huge undertaking on your part. I'm sure your arms were pumped after carrying that thing around

My arms were dying, I barely made it to my car three levels up. It was a heavy set. I kinda wish I had gotten the wheels, if nothing else for the novelty and exclusivity of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Good to hear, thank you for the info

My arms were dying, I barely made it to my car three levels up. It was a heavy set. I kinda wish I had gotten the wheels, if nothing else for the novelty and exclusivity of it

Yea the wheels would have been nice. I didnt get any  either and I recall my shoulders and arms were pretty tired .Had a long walk myself but nothing compared to yours.For ISD I just might bring a  two wheeler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, benderisgreat said:

Well it seems like the mandalorian will have a blank black head if these had pics are to be believed! Really disappointed about this.

From what I understand, he's going to be a Judge Dredd style character who is never seen without his helmet. It makes sense that we wouldn't have a printed head for him. 

Tbh I prefer it when the head allows the minifig to look better with the helmet on. For example, the old Stormtroopers that had a black head which completed the look from the back. 

Edited by nikhkin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nikhkin said:

From what I understand, he's going to be a Judge Dredd style character who is never seen without his helmet. It makes sense that we wouldn't have a printed head for him. 

Tbh I prefer it when the head allows the minifig to look better with the helmet on. For example, the old Stormtroopers that had a black head which completed the look from the back. 

Lucasfilm never explicitly said this. I actually think that unlike Boba Fett we’ll see Mandalorians face in the show, just not that often. As far as LEGO version not having a Pedro Pascal face is disappointing. There goes my hopes to make Red Viper minifig from GoT.:grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did people really expect a face print for the Mandalorian? After all, it’s far from the first time a helmeted character had a blank head (Phasma and Enfys Nest anyone? :laugh:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Did people really expect a face print for the Mandalorian? After all, it’s far from the first time a helmeted character had a blank head (Phasma and Enfys Nest anyone? :laugh:)

We never see phasma's face in canon, do we? Not that it'd be any sort of spoiler for her face to be in the set, but it was probably just a design choice. Enfys was to prevent spoilers I think, having the "big villain" with the face print of a child would kind of tip people off about the twist , and an augest set for a late may release meant leaks were likely before the film came out. For the mandalorian, it's probably more in line with the reasoning for phasma.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.