Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 minutes ago, Robianco said:

But that’s not down to Lego. That’s down to the design choices of the team putting IX together. They’re the vessels that seem to be prominent in the new movie and as such are deemed to be the sellers. Vessels will be repeated... that’s the nature of wave after wave of toys. There’ll always be a Falcon on shelves too... whichever iteration of it. Nobody is forced to buy anything... and rumours threads aren’t the place to spam about something that isn’t deemed necessary by Lego at this point.

I couldn't agree more, how about we actually talk about the sets themselves, not this or battlepacks that will never happen anyways

The designs for these sets are actually very nice. The Y-wing is completely different so no one can realistically say that it’s a rehash. The A-Wing is more or less just a recolor but it’s our first Resistance version. The Falcon is a massive improvement on previous versions with no gaps and more accurate mandibles. The AT-ST is ok but it’s definitely not the same, it’s obviously a very specific one from a specific scene. Kylo’s Shuttle is a huge improvement on the last one which was very inaccurate in many ways. There’s really nothing to complain about in this wave and yet people always will. Fantastic wave in my opinion. 

How high do you guys think the chances are for Cara Dune and the Mandalorian to appear in other future sets? The AT-ST is a pretty cool set but those 2 figures are really the only thing worth getting for me, and considering I have many other things to spend 60 euros on I'm definetely not buying that set

Just now, ArrowBricks said:

Star Destroyer official reveal September 5th. 

I guess that means leaked images are due any day now. 

I'm not sure there's ever been a reveal without a leak, although some made it to within a few hours of the official embargo.

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

How high do you guys think the chances are for Cara Dune and the Mandalorian to appear in other future sets? The AT-ST is a pretty cool set but those 2 figures are really the only thing worth getting for me, and considering I have many other things to spend 60 euros on I'm definetely not buying that set

It's possible but that this stage I'd say it's either the AT-ST or BrickLink for them. I wouldn't hold out too much hope for them definitely appearing in this form again in another set in the near future.

As far as a UCS set goes there's few as enticing as the idea of owning a Star Destroyer. 

I'm actually pretty excited to see how they are going to tackle this one.

31 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The Mandalorian goes through at least costume/armour change throughout the series, so that plus his status as the eponymous character justify an appearance in other sets. Cara Dune is the second most important character in the show from what I can gather, so she‘s fair game as well (even more so if she also has multiple costumes) :classic: The Klatooinians (?) on the other hand will probably stay exclusive to the AT-ST.

Just don‘t expect them to show up in another set soon, after all they surely don‘t want to self-cannibalize their sales :tongue:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

The Mandalorian goes through at least costume/armour change throughout the series, so that plus his status as the eponymous character justify an appearance in other sets. Cara Dune is the second most important character in the show from what I can gather, so she‘s fair game as well (even more so if she also has multiple costumes) :classic: The Klatooinians (?) on the other hand will probably stay exclusive to the AT-ST.

Just don‘t expect them to show up in another set soon, after all they surely don‘t want to self-cannibalize their sales :tongue:

The Mandalorian has his own personal ship as seen in the trailer/poster, so we might get that as a future set!

11 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The Klatooinians (?) on the other hand will probably stay exclusive to the AT-ST.

Lucky for me I really don't care about those figures. They look very nice but do I feel like I really need them? Nope!

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, TLG just posted a teaser on Twitter for the upcoming UCS Star Wars set.

Reveal on September 5th!

EDIT: woops, already posted :tongue:. Pretty exciting!

Edited by Terrasher

One week from today, I can work with that. My assumption is that it will be based on ANH to coincide with the Tantive IV (although judging by the inclusion of Bail Organa, that is technically from Rogue One). 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

18 minutes ago, DrasticPlastic said:

Yikes, LEGO announces a new UCS set and this place is dead. We all moved on?

Tbh we all discussed it back when the rumours of the set (price, pieces etc) came out. 

There's no new information today. 

27 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

Tbh we all discussed it back when the rumours of the set (price, pieces etc) came out. 

Except for an official reveal date, that’s new, but that still doesn’t really give us anything new to talk about concerning the content. I think we’ve kind of exhausted that topic for now.

1 hour ago, nikhkin said:

The triangle-shaped shadow in the teaser video is a pretty clear indication that it will be the Imperial Star Destroyer. 

I don't think we've had any solid proof like this before (just rumors). 

I would call that "new information" 

Just now, Bantha Fodder said:

The triangle-shaped shadow in the teaser video is a pretty clear indication that it will be the Imperial Star Destroyer. 

I don't think we've had any solid proof like this before (just rumors). 

I would call that "new information" 

There's already been a set number, price and piece count leaked. It was pretty definitive based on that. 

7 hours ago, Puresh said:

I couldn't agree more, how about we actually talk about the sets themselves, not this or battlepacks that will never happen anyways

Thank you! I just read through multiple pages of people whining about a 501st battle pack, which was enough to make me go from "yeah a 501st pack could be cool" to "I hope that never becomes a reality ever"

6 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

As far as a UCS set goes there's few as enticing as the idea of owning a Star Destroyer. 

I'm actually pretty excited to see how they are going to tackle this one.

I know! With all the new parts that have come out since the OG set, it'll be drastically different, and probably the longest set ever as well judging by the shape of the ship and price point of the set.

10 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

and probably the longest set ever as well judging by the shape of the ship and price point of the set.

Nah. It would have to be almost a third longer than the old one to surpass the SSD.

10030 Imperial Star Destroyer = 96cm

10221 Super Star Destroyer = 124,5cm

The problem with displaying it will be more with the width than the length. I’m sure I’ll figure something out but the trick is finding a spot where my wife doesn’t mind it and the kids can’t reach it. I may need to install a custom shelf because this thing is going to be huge

9 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

trick is finding a spot where my wife doesn’t mind it and the kids can’t reach it. I may need to install a custom shelf because this thing is going to be huge

Exactly what I did with the falcon thanks to the efferman stand (and a spare windowsill the company that did our kitchen let me have when they ordered the wrong length) :classic:

Looking forward to see what the star destroyer looks like. Barely bought much Lego SW this year as I've not been too inspired by the new sets. I think the issue for me will be display-ability/space, hence why I haven't yet bought last year's CC yet (and not seen a good discount to make me buy it).

13 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The problem with displaying it will be more with the width than the length. I’m sure I’ll figure something out but the trick is finding a spot where my wife doesn’t mind it and the kids can’t reach it. I may need to install a custom shelf because this thing is going to be huge

I'm already thinking about some kind of Efferman. The MF fits perfectly on an IKEA LACK shelf using Efferman stand. The ISD beside it would be spectacular.