Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Now all I want is a Carl Weathers minifigure

Plus minifigs of Giancarlo Esposito and Werner Herzog :laugh: Man, it's still so weird to think that THE Werner Herzog is playing a role in a Star Wars project :laugh_hard: I really hope these two will get made at some point plus IG-11 and the Ugnaught character (presumably voiced by Nick Nolte).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a fair bet they will get minifigs. But what i'm really looking forward to, is the gunship. I wonder which colour the bricked version will have. Anyone able to identify the ship shooting at it? I could watch the trailer on loop just for the score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw someone commenting that he would like a place with better quality pictures:  so far this is the best site with multiple pictures of all sets with a better quality. 

https://www.bricktastic.nl/lego-star-wars/deze-lego-star-wars-sets-verschijnen-op-triple-force-friday-2019/

 

Also, the weapon they gave the mandalorian is not correct. It´s more of a rifle than a longer pistol. Anyone have any ideas on how to correct it?  Since he also uses a pistol, both of them being pistols would look kinda weird. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, legolord said:

Saw someone commenting that he would like a place with better quality pictures:  so far this is the best site with multiple pictures of all sets with a better quality. 

https://www.bricktastic.nl/lego-star-wars/deze-lego-star-wars-sets-verschijnen-op-triple-force-friday-2019/

 

Also, the weapon they gave the mandalorian is not correct. It´s more of a rifle than a longer pistol. Anyone have any ideas on how to correct it?  Since he also uses a pistol, both of them being pistols would look kinda weird. 

They wanted the length to be around the same of a regular rifle when you take the claw part of it off, that's why they went with a pistol + lightsaber hilt for the build of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointing that most of this wave is comprised of remakes, but that’s moreso an issue of the ST’s almost obsessive focus on original trilogy designs. 

But as a wave of sets in itself? Pretty good all in all. The builds are solid for the most part and the minifig selection is great! Although I must say the turret just seems like a waste of a slot. Will pick up every set except for the A-Wing, Turret, and Yoda.

Does the jet trooper in the speeder chase have a new jetpack mould? Certainly seems like it.

Edited by Kaijumeister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kaijumeister said:

Does the jet trooper in the speeder chase have a new jetpack mould? Certainly seems like it.

It does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Plus minifigs of Giancarlo Esposito and Werner Herzog

Kids may not appreciate either of them, but AFOLs... yeah, I for one would love to get my hand on a Lego Werner Herzog. Also, he seems to be a Imperial civilian official, and we don't have many civilians in Lego Star Wars.

I am sure we we will get Esposito's character, being somehow connected to the Death Troopers, and Lego would be stupid not to release more Death Troopers in one set or the other.

While I am not a fan of the Mandalorians, there should be many, many interesting settings and characters for Lego to use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOOOOVE the mandalorian trailer, I can't wait for more sets of it if any are made (and we know at least one more will be).

It's really dark and gritty looking though, (RIP guy who gets cut in half by a door), and it'll be interesting to see how much lego does for the series

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone all over social media talking about how great and exciting it is that Werner Herzog plays in a Star Wars series while I'm sitting here thinking ''who the f is he? I've literally never heard of him in my life...'' :laugh_hard:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Everyone all over social media talking about how great and exciting it is that Werner Herzog plays in a Star Wars series while I'm sitting here thinking ''who the f is he? I've literally never heard of him in my life...'' :laugh_hard:

He’s better known as a director rather than an actor, some of his most well-known works being those that starred famous (and also infamous) German actor Klaus Kinski :wink: Herzog is also known for being quite a quirky guy, e.g. being shot with an air rifle during an interview in the streets of LA and continuing as if nothing had happened :laugh: His only reaction was stating the following: „It was not a significant bullet. I am not afraid." :head_back:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2019 at 11:48 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Yes, this is the "yoda robs you to fuel his drug addiction" set

I'm almost 100% sure we'll see sith trooper in a january battlepack, I've said it a few times already but there's a pattern here.

As for the rest, it depends on which figures. Speeders, a-wing, and maybe the at-st I would just buy because the prices wont drop for a while and those sets are smallish enough where it's not like buying a $170 falcon for the lando.

Well we have Finn, Rey, Lando, Boolio, Zori Bliss, D-0, Kaydel Connix, The knights of ren, the first order officer I forgot the name of, jumptrooper, the r2 unit and possibly Poe (even if im so tired of him, but i like this outfit the most. + The Mandalorian figures. Its pretty many figures to bricklink, it will get expensive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Well we have Finn, Rey, Lando, Boolio, Zori Bliss, D-0, Kaydel Connix, The knights of ren, the first order officer I forgot the name of, jumptrooper, the r2 unit and possibly Poe (even if im so tired of him, but i like this outfit the most. + The Mandalorian figures. Its pretty many figures to bricklink, it will get expensive. 

Well yeah If you want to buy all of the figures it's gonna be expensive, I thought you meant you wanted, like, the sith trooper or zorri bliss. If you're trying to buy all of the figures in an entire wave of sets it will be costly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing!
Wonder how many people will be wanting a 'dark side Rey' right now :grin: 

Other than that, nothing much new to see I believe so no fuel for a probable second wave next year.

Regards,
Mitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance the UCS Star Destroyer will be based on one of the (100?) Star Destroyers in that shot of that fleet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Thanks for sharing!
Wonder how many people will be wanting a 'dark side Rey' right now :grin: 

Other than that, nothing much new to see I believe so no fuel for a probable second wave next year.

Regards,
Mitch

I dunno. Theres the b wings which will be new/updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Other than that, nothing much new to see I believe so no fuel for a probable second wave next year.

 

I expect we could see a new B-Wing along with a new system scale Star Destroyer. Both feature prominently in the trailer. 

Plus this trailer hardly gives everything away. I expect there are a lot of scenes worth turning into sets (or at least concept art similar to scenes in the movie that we'll get as sets). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Flieger said:

And we wondered why Lego is rehashing old designs... the phrase "creatively bankrupt" comes to mind.

At least for the Resistance it kinda makes sense they have old tech, but why they haven't teamed up with the remaining New Republic fleet is beyond me (nobody will be able to convince me the entire New Republic fleet either got destroyed or surrendered to the FO)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

At least for the Resistance it kinda makes sense they have old tech, but why they haven't teamed up with the remaining New Republic fleet is beyond me (nobody will be able to convince me the entire New Republic fleet either got destroyed or surrendered to the FO)

Nobody has to convince you, this is a canon fact! Read wookieepedia if you don’t believe it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

At least for the Resistance it kinda makes sense they have old tech, but why they haven't teamed up with the remaining New Republic fleet is beyond me (nobody will be able to convince me the entire New Republic fleet either got destroyed or surrendered to the FO)

Apparently they didn't surrender, the various senators simply recalled the ships to their homeworlds to defend them. Although I agree, I would expect at least some of them to be used in support of the Resistance. 

Tbh, the whole scenario wasn't overly well explained in the films. To someone who hasn't read into the expanded universe, it doesn't make much sense. The opening crawl of TFA says that the Resistance has the support of the Republic, but they seem more like the ragtag rebellion from the original trilogy whereas the First Order doesn't seem any weaker than the Empire. Plus other sources say the Resistance exists because the Republic doesn't support the war. You'd think they would have better quality equipment and more access to resources. 

 

Anyway, we're getting away from the topic of Lego. It would be nice to see some more variety in the ships (and therefore sets) for both the Resistance and First order. It was nice seeing the updated Star Destroyer, but everything else is more or less a very subtle redesign. The TIE Fighters are almost identical, apart from the colour scheme. 

Edited by nikhkin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Nobody has to convince you, this is a canon fact! Read wookieepedia if you don’t believe it.

I know the fleet being completely destroyed is canon, it's just incredibly stupid writing. And besides it being dumb writing it's also a bad decision for both the fans and Disney themselves.

If the remaining forces of the New Republic joined the Resistance they would have more unique troops, vehicles and ships which also equels there being far more options for the merchandise as there would be much more to make!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2019 at 8:28 PM, Puresh said:

They wanted the length to be around the same of a regular rifle when you take the claw part of it off, that's why they went with a pistol + lightsaber hilt for the build of it

Could have given him at least a carbine. But I think the main problem is it's missing stock.

But I don't like that AT-ST anyways. Besides being an ugly coloured remake it still (or better because of it ) is oversized and has the same weird weapons on the side of it's head as the Rogue One one had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mon-o-mat said:

the same weird weapons on the side of it's head

The weapons on the side seem pretty accurate to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.