Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, JekPorkchops said:

That's a bit much right? Not buying a set because the packaging is a bit inconsistent :grin:

Or more accurately, turning down a free item because of the packaging. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tariq j said:

For the UCS Falcon about a month before the release Lego released a small teaser each week. (Teasing things such as the piece count, weight, box size etc.). Then again there was never full image of the set until the actual release date but something similar could happen here. 

A full shot of the Falcon did leak before the official reveal. It was a Chinese (?) promotional ad showing the ship flying above a planet with engines illuminated, and it leaked a week prior to the launch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JekPorkchops said:

That's a bit much right? Not buying a set because the packaging is a bit inconsistent :grin:

 

1 hour ago, nikhkin said:

Or more accurately, turning down a free item because of the packaging. 

I’m merely pointing out that packaging can influence how someone perceives ‘value’ and consistency can mean more to some than others. It seems odd to me that other 20th anniversary sets have the special packaging but not this. But if you want to judge go ahead... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Markalus said:

The AT-ST’s in the Endor promo set are cute but why aren’t they consistent with the 20th Anniversary box art? It might seem a minor detail but for a collector it might be enough to influence a purchase decision.

You think people would refuse a free lego set because the box art isn't what you want?

8 hours ago, jdubbs said:

A full shot of the Falcon did leak before the official reveal. It was a Chinese (?) promotional ad showing the ship flying above a planet with engines illuminated, and it leaked a week prior to the launch. 

so maybe we'll see something, maybe we won't. Personally I don't care if I have to wait until the official release, I doubt my wallet could support buying it at launch anyway.

 

I like the promo, it looks clean and the at-st's are cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You think people would refuse a free lego set because the box art isn't what you want?

That’s not what I said. What I said was “it could influence a purchasing decision”. Big difference. Of course no one would “refuse” a free set. But these promos are designed to get customers to open their wallet and the minimum buy threshold often makes people spend more than they normally would IF they perceive  the promo to be worth it to them. I don’t know about where you’re from but in my country the minimum spend is usually at least double what it is in the US. When I can get 20-30+% off most non-exclusive LEGO sets any day of the week in local retail stores a “free” LEGO store promo has to tick all the boxes (pun intended) to make it worthwhile. You don’t think packaging matters? Then how do you explain people spending hundreds of dollars on Comic Con exclusives sets that can be bricklinked for a fraction of the cost. Horses for courses...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Markalus said:

That’s not what I said. What I said was “it could influence a purchasing decision”. Big difference. Of course no one would “refuse” a free set. But these promos are designed to get customers to open their wallet and the minimum buy threshold often makes people spend more than they normally would IF they perceive  the promo to be worth it to them. I don’t know about where you’re from but in my country the minimum spend is usually at least double what it is in the US. When I can get 20-30+% off most non-exclusive LEGO sets any day of the week in local retail stores a “free” LEGO store promo has to tick all the boxes (pun intended) to make it worthwhile. You don’t think packaging matters? Then how do you explain people spending hundreds of dollars on Comic Con exclusives sets that can be bricklinked for a fraction of the cost. Horses for courses...

I'd like to add, these promos can be bought on Bricklink, cheaply enough that buying sets retail (20% - 30% off) and then buying the promos from bricklink, often works out cheaper than getting both from S&H. It consistently has for May 4th promos, anyway (though of course the may 4th UCS sets get delayed to retail here by like 6 months)

Edited by Magmafrost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 Images of the rumoured October sets have leaked on IG

On 8/16/2019 at 3:42 PM, Guyon2002 said:

 

(No idea why my phone won't delete quote boxes from the message forums if I accidentally click quote)

Edited by azzer86
Reason for random blank quote added

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So the “Gun Turret” is actually from ANH and the AT-ST is from The Mandalorian I guess. As far as TROS sets go, I only see two Knights Of Ren...unless I just completely missed one somewhere. Also, Obi-Wan in the Death Star Canon set uses the new Knight Of Ren hood piece rather than the traditional one which is interesting 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sets are really cool but the distribution of TROS figures is pretty weird

A-Wing: Snap and Connix

Y-Wing: Poe, Zorri, Astromech, D-0, a First Order trooper

Speeder: Rey, BB-8, Jumptrooper, Stormtrooper

Kylo Ren's Shuttle: Kylo, Pryde, Sithtrooper, Stormtrooper, 2 Knights of Ren

Falcon: Lando, Chewy, C3PO, Finn, R2, D-0 and some weird alien

 

Much more important, they actually chanced the design of the Falcon! It no longer has those big gaps between the panels, that's so great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Finally, a UCS E.T.!

I'm not a huge fan of the Sequel Trilogy, but I must admit that this new version of Kylo's shuttle looks awesome.

EDIT: just noticed, TLG has updated the structure of the MF's opening top wedges. No more gaps, yay!

Edited by Terrasher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

WOAH the Falcon isn't gappy. Its an actual improvement. After 15 years and 4 iterations they finally made a real improvement to that formula

The Y-wing looks very McQuarrie-esque, which I guess is to be expected given the direction they went with the X-wing. I like it well enough but I just built Jerac's Y-wing so naturally Im a bit meh on it. 

And god Kylo's shuttle looks so phoned in. There are a few minor differences but its virtually identical to the 2015 one except for the obvious. The A-wing looks even less different from the last one.

Oh and I guess we know for sure now that the AT-ST is from the Mandalorian. The sticker on the front looks like a cropped version of Boba's logo, so I imagine the 'real' one will probably have the full logo all across its face, which should look pretty cool.

Edited by Magmafrost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Finally, a UCS E.T.!

I'm not a huge fan of the Sequel Trilogy, but I must admit that this new version of Kylo's shuttle looks awesome.

EDIT: just noticed, TLG has updated the structure of the MF's opening top wedges. No more gaps, yay!

Just noticed this too! No gaps in the Falcon! Definitely a must buy

It’s weird that a third Knight Of Ren head leaked but he isn’t in any of these sets. Maybe that was from an early 2020 set? We never did see the full figure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new Yoda is an impressive build; the shaping on the hood and robe on the back look particularly good to me. The face doesn't quite capture Yoda in my opinion and I think it's something to do with the eyes, though I can't fault the designers as this must have been a difficult task to complete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mixed feelings about this wave because, while they all actually look nice imo (unlike the TLJ wave), I don't find myself wanting many of them.

The treadspeeder is pretty nice and I can't believe I'm considering getting the updated Kylo's shuttle given I have the previous iteration.

All of the figures in the AT-ST set look good, but I'm definitely not a fan of the colours on that AT-ST. Might be bricklinking the main character.

2 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

Wow, the AT-ST set is a giant spoiler.

What's the spoiler?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Magmafrost said:

WOAH the Falcon isn't gappy. Its an actual improvement. After 15 years they finally made a real improvement to that formula

I noticed that. I suppose they had to change it somehow to get people to buy yet another one. The removal of gaps genuinely makes me tempted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It’s weird that a third Knight Of Ren head leaked but he isn’t in any of these sets. Maybe that was from an early 2020 set? We never did see the full figure

It has to be :shrug_oh_well: Two out of six is not exactly what I was hoping for... I doubt they’ll shove all four of the remaining knights into the January wave, so it’ll be June 2020 at the earliest before we get all of them :hmpf:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lego-Freak said:

It has to be :shrug_oh_well: Two out of six is not exactly what I was hoping for... I doubt they’ll shove all four of the remaining knights into the January wave, so it’ll be June 2020 at the earliest before we get all of them :hmpf:

Possible battlepack? Would cover the other 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hachiroku said:

The Mandalorian in Endor.

Are you sure that's Endor? I wouldn't call that a giant spoiler if it was though. 

 

The falcon looks nice without the gaps, but I've never been a fan of how the ship looks in lego (never really been much of a fan of the ship itself for that matter). So while it's a vast improvement imo, it's an easy miss for me.

Hoping we get some army building potential for the sith trooper in future sets (as well as more knights of course). Only one in such an expensive set is going to keep them pretty expensive on the secondary market.

The lineup for Kylo's shuttle is really good. The wing mechanism looks cool too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Episode 9 sets are revealed, and some surprises here; the new Falcon’s design to close up the gaps is great! Kyle Ren’s shuttle looks just as good as the last one, and I was not expecting the A-Wing to be green. 

Do we have any word on price points? The A-Wing looks like something I might try to get a few of and army build, but I remmeber that the last A-Wing they designed like this cost a whopping $80 AUD and this one looks like it’s the same size but with one fewer minifigure and minus some side builds, so I’m not optimistic about the price . .

I can’t say I’m incredibly interested in the other sets, with the possible exception of the Death Star Cannon. That looks like a great new design for Ben Kenobi, and I like the look of the cannon too. 

I’ve honestly never cared much for Y-Wings, but that blue astromech is great. Might have to BrickLink it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm very disappointed in the Death Star Cannon set. 

I was hoping for another diorama style set for the fight between Darth Vader and Obi Wan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.