Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Did you still have to pay for it or did they sent it to you for free? Or did you have to give them the instructionnumber of your Bomber set?

It was free but they asked me to send them a picture of my Resistance Bomber set that I had already bought. I told them specifically I bought the original one but that the release of the proper figure at the end of the set’s life after I had spent all that money on it felt like a slap in the face to a loyal long time customer. So they said they have a couple available and sent me the head and helmet for free. Again, I simply asked if I could buy one, I didn’t even ask for a freebie. I thought even buying one was a long shot but I figured I’d give it a try and I’m glad I did.

3 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

So new description of speeder chase was leaked, but is it legit? Has this guy leaked something in the past, or he's just making this up?

It was posted by the same guy who has leaked most of the Ep9 stuff, including some of the figures

so a

3 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

So new description of speeder chase was leaked, but is it legit? Has this guy leaked something in the past, or he's just making this up?

The guy who posted it had some false leaks last year but so far this year every single thing he's said has been true

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It was posted by the same guy who has leaked most of the Ep9 stuff, including some of the figures

6 minutes ago, fluffyducks4 said:

so a

The guy who posted it had some false leaks last year but so far this year every single thing he's said has been true

So he's hit and miss leaker then, so I'll take this info with a huge grain of salt.

59 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

43 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

So he's hit and miss leaker then, so I'll take this info with a huge grain of salt.

He's extremely reliable, most of this year's Star Wars leaks are here thanks to him - all the names, prices, minfigure leaks, advent calendar leak and more 2020 set info. You can trust him, he wouldn't post a description without having it confirmed.

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I would love to still get the Solo one

You should think about buying it now, because it's EOL. 

So do you guys think lego will finally improve the Falcon design (most importantly all the giant gaps)? I certainly hope so but I have a strong feeling they will just pull a lazy one on us

46 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

So do you guys think lego will finally improve the Falcon design (most importantly all the giant gaps)? I certainly hope so but I have a strong feeling they will just pull a lazy one on us

If they didn’t fix it last year for Solo, I don’t have high hopes for this year being any different

So do we know why there’s another Falcon coming in Ep 9 wave of sets?  I mean Solo version is still on shelves and I occasionally see TFA in stores. I know it’s popular and stuff but we had 3 versions of it since 2015 and it feels like an overkill. And at 160$ it won’t have enough new things in it to justify buying it to a ton of people like myself who got TFA version in 2015. Sure new and exclusive minifigs are usually selling point, but still. At least Solo version was different enough which is why I bought it. 

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

So do we know why there’s another Falcon coming in Ep 9 wave of sets?  I mean Solo version is still on shelves and I occasionally see TFA in stores. I know it’s popular and stuff but we had 3 versions of it since 2015 and it feels like an overkill. And at 160$ it won’t have enough new things in it to justify buying it to a ton of people like myself who got TFA version in 2015. Sure new and exclusive minifigs are usually selling point, but still. At least Solo version was different enough which is why I bought it. 

It's confirmed, and we know it's not a good choice, but it's the most iconic Star Wars vehicle, so they will just throw in some great exclusive characters and it will become a must-buy.

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

So do we know why there’s another Falcon coming in Ep 9 wave of sets?  

It has a new triangular radar dish :head_back:

Seriously though, I think the main reason is that the TFA version has been retired quite a while ago and the Solo version cannot serve as a replacement due the vastly different colour scheme.

To me, it also makes sense thematically since TRoS will be the final film in the Skywalker saga and will thus probably also mark the final major appearance of the most iconic ship in Star Wars. What better time than now to release a new version? :purrr:

26 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

It has a new triangular radar dish :head_back:

Seriously though, I think the main reason is that the TFA version has been retired quite a while ago and the Solo version cannot serve as a replacement due the vastly different colour scheme.

To me, it also makes sense thematically since TRoS will be the final film in the Skywalker saga and will thus probably also mark the final major appearance of the most iconic ship in Star Wars. What better time than now to release a new version? :purrr:

Sure, but we know they will release another version probably OT one in next 2-4 years so yeah. And I’m just saying a lot of people bought 2015 set(it was top selling product of 2015 or 16 if I remember correctly), and it’s a guarantee that new version won’t be that different, so many people won’t be interested in the same thing. Personally I’m not interested in another Falcon with minor differences. I already have 2 and have no place for a new one.:grin:

16 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Right, that would make sense. I was thinking more along the line of ''You see that hooded guy in the middle? That's Kyle''

:grin: :grin: :grin:

I don't know, they might end up with some really cool Star Wars-esque names, though. But I agree it's not a neccesity. 
Good to know the Falcon from Solo is going into retirement, I've still been meaning to get it but hesitant so far. 
Figure-wise it holds nothing for me, but it's nice to have the 'mint' version and the classic, 'pretty much complete opposite' of it...  

Regards,
Mitch

7 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

The Solo version of the Falcon is retiring, so the two should not overlap on store shelves past Christmas. But I suspect people will feel that the figures are the only real draw (both for the Falcon and most of the other sets). 

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

You do know these pictures are 4 months old right?

It’s almost like she’s trying to tell us something! What’s that, Lassie? You say there’s something in those photos we might want to take another look at?

36 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

It’s almost like she’s trying to tell us something! What’s that, Lassie? You say there’s something in those photos we might want to take another look at?

All of these photos have been discussed extensively before. Why do you think people we're saying ''Zorri's color is off''? And where do you think my Falcon figure suggestions came from? Regardless, I really don't want to start a big argument or turn this into some kind of big yes-no discussion so let's end this here.

But now I'm curious, what did you see that we should take another look at?

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

But now I'm curious, what did you see that we should take another look at?

In some of the photos, there is a picture of a speeder with Rey, BB-8, and Chewbacca, so this might be what is included in the set.

1 hour ago, PickleManDan said:

In some of the photos, there is a picture of a speeder with Rey, BB-8, and Chewbacca, so this might be what is included in the set.

We know what the speeder set includes, Ret and BB are here, Chewbacca is not.

55 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Kylo Ren will be using his old hairpiece in TROS sets. That's disappointing, I was hoping for Mad Eye Moody's hairpiece.

Same

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Kylo Ren will be using his old hairpiece in TROS sets. That's disappointing, I was hoping for Mad Eye Moody's hairpiece.

same here

6 hours ago, jdubbs said:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/05/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-behind-the-scenes-video

Annie Leibovitz takes such great pictures, doesn't she? And that video...

If you're trying to subtly tell us something, can you get any more specific? Knowing this thread every photo is now confirmation of a new set.

Also, you were right about the speeders i guess, I hope poe shows up in the at-st set then.