Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2019 sounds like a great year for Lego Star Wars. Im especially interested in the juniors X wing and Tie fighter. Also the 20th anniversary sets sound interesting

Just now, ChiefPie said:

That helmet honestly looks like it was made by a Chinese rip off.. 

I agree, it looks horrible.

51 minutes ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

2019 sounds like a great year for Lego Star Wars. Im especially interested in the juniors X wing and Tie fighter. Also the 20th anniversary sets sound interesting

They ditched the juniors line and changed it to 4+, I was also told the TIE fighter looked good but the others didn't. There's also rumors that the X wing is resistance and the TIE is FO.

The helmet looks weird because the inner part of the eyes is a smooth curve instead of pointed how it normally was, making the eyes look wide open. It looks perfectly normal if you photoshop a small gap above the eyes.

The longer you look at it, the more normal it starts to become anyway, so I don’t think it’s too shabby.

Edited by Bartybum

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

The design is similar, but noticeably different from the RotJ biker scout helmet. I really doubt LEGO would use the clone scout helmet for OT scout troopers; it would not go over well if they did.

It's as close to the RotJ bikers as the actual scout trooper helmet LEGO's currently using, which they also used for clone scouts in the past. See also: they use the same helmet for shoretroopers and the Imperial hovertank pilots, which are about as different as the scout trooper helmets, and the standard P1 clone helmet for P1 pilots, when the P1 pilot helmet is completely different other than the face. It'd be nice if they made a separate mold for the Imperial scouts, sure, but I think it's unrealistically optimistic to expect them to, and kinda silly to say that it wouldn't "go over well"; they just aren't, and have never been, quite that precise with those kinds of details, and for the most part I don't think most people expect them to be. The clone scout helmets are close enough that I'll be really surprised if they make a new scout mold in the next couple of years.

2 hours ago, Bartybum said:

The longer you look at it, the more normal it starts to become anyway, so I don’t think it’s too shabby.

Nope, not reached that stage yet at all. The mouthpiece in particular looks absurd to me, although that is from printing.

1 hour ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

It's as close to the RotJ bikers as the actual scout trooper helmet LEGO's currently using, which they also used for clone scouts in the past. See also: they use the same helmet for shoretroopers and the Imperial hovertank pilots, which are about as different as the scout trooper helmets, and the standard P1 clone helmet for P1 pilots, when the P1 pilot helmet is completely different other than the face. It'd be nice if they made a separate mold for the Imperial scouts, sure, but I think it's unrealistically optimistic to expect them to, and kinda silly to say that it wouldn't "go over well"; they just aren't, and have never been, quite that precise with those kinds of details, and for the most part I don't think most people expect them to be. The clone scout helmets are close enough that I'll be really surprised if they make a new scout mold in the next couple of years.

However, it's slightly functionally different in that the imperial scout helmet has a faceplate that can lift up. The fact that this was done in Rebels might make it more likely, and the fact that we haven't had a scout trooper since 2014 makes me suspect we will eventually get a new mould rather than using the 41st corps helmet.

Ah I found another major thing! The chin tube bits sit too low, so the helmet looks too long.

That being said @Calanon yeah look mate I’m looking at the new one and the old one both front on and the mouthpiece printing is almost exactly the same.

11 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

Can we just post pictures somewhere other than facebook/instagram? Somewhere maybe that doesn't require you to have an account to browse properly, or somewhere that isn't notorious for misusing personal information? Its getting real frustrating that I cant see these leaks half the time because I dont want facebook selling my personal details...

Agreed 100%, I really would rather not support them (even just using a phony account). I miss the Legoleaks subreddit/discord :/

Anyway that new stormtrooper mold is really disappointing. Is it foolish to hold out hope that this may just be a one-off thing and Lego may continue to produce the old molds for other sets? The fact that the Death Star set apparently isn't 4+ doesn't seem to support this, however...

Just now, sn0wmana said:

Agreed 100%, I really would rather not support them (even just using a phony account). I miss the Legoleaks subreddit/discord :/

Anyway that new stormtrooper mold is really disappointing. Is it foolish to hold out hope that this may just be a one-off thing and Lego may continue to produce the old molds for other sets? The fact that the Death Star set apparently isn't 4+ doesn't seem to support this, however...

Yes it is, but again it isn't confirmed and can just be some knock off. (I hope it is:cry_sad:) I'd rather get a new scout trooper helmet mould where the front can open. This is a disappointment indeed.

I think there's some lens distortion on that image as well as the angle of the lens in relation to the helmet. The brow line is arched so it's obviously looking upwards. This seems to lower the back part of the cheek tubes and makes the dome smaller.

In the other shot of the four figures the proportion seems much better.

It's actually more accurate to the actual film stunt helmets although the old one feels more familiar and obviously has excellent print on it now. It's also 'compressed' in the same kind of proportion that the rest of the figure is. Lego figures are far more squat than humans so the existing helmet seems to fit that better proportionally, whereas the new one is more accurate so seems off in comparison.

Some BrickLink sellers are now seeing their stock of existing SW585s fly out of their stores. :)

48 minutes ago, sn0wmana said:

Anyway that new stormtrooper mold is really disappointing.

New mold? I think that they´ve used mold for Mimban Stormtrooper helmet.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Cube said:

They haven't. Mimban Stormtrooper had an additional shield part above the brow. That was also a single moulded piece. This new Stormtrooper helmet is dual moulded.

1 minute ago, Mr. Cube said:

I thought that initially but the brow portion at the top looks bigger on the Mimban helmet mold. It could be a case of lens distortion as others have suggested, though. In any case, they are definitely very similar.

I delete the photo, I have read the first post carefully and I think that they can not be published

Edited by manumi

1 hour ago, JarJarBonks said:

Yes it is, but again it isn't confirmed and can just be some knock off. (I hope it is:cry_sad:) I'd rather get a new scout trooper helmet mould where the front can open. This is a disappointment indeed.

Yes that's a design that actually warrants a new update IMO. It's surprising that they made a brand new mold just for the Mimban trooper and now this, yet we still haven't gotten a new Scout Trooper mold.

5 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

There's also rumors that the X wing is resistance and the TIE is FO.

No there isn't. Sir von lego said they were classic... so they are more likely than not 

4 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:
5 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

I agree, it looks horrible.

They ditched the juniors line and changed it to 4+, I was also told the TIE fighter looked good but the others didn't. There's also rumors that the X wing is resistance and the TIE is FO.

No there isn't. Sir von lego said they were classic... so they are more likely than not 

it was mandr that claimed from resistance show ... there's a video for it, it has to be true ... /s

The Mimban Stormtrooper looks fantastic.

The Patrol Trooper helmet is essentially a stormtrooper helmet with some alterations on the face and it looks fantastic.

i seriously doubt Lego will screw up on one of the most iconic Star Wars troopers.

It’s possible that the main picture everyone is seeing is distorted.

There’s another picture with four figs and the new Stormtrooper looks fine.

Edited by Forresto

25 minutes ago, Forresto said:

The Mimban Stormtrooper looks fantastic.

The Patrol Trooper helmet is essentially a stormtrooper helmet with some alterations on the face and it looks fantastic.

i seriously doubt Lego will screw up on one of the most iconic Star Wars troopers.

It’s possible that the main picture everyone is seeing is distorted.

I have the same feeling. I don't have a Mimbam Stromtrooper, but I think it's one mold. But the Patrol Trooper, which is dual molded, is excellent and the depth of the eyes cannot be replicated with one mold. Seeing the second picture, I guess they are using the same proportions of the Stormtrooper helmet with dual molded eyes. In addition the black line on top of the eyes appears to be dual molded as well as in the Patrol Trooper. This is more accurate than the current version and less prone to printing errors. The black areas below the helmet seem to be part of the dual mold as well.

27 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Agreed, but still.

It took TLG 17 years to get the Stormtrooper helmet just right between the different helmet castings used in the OT:

originalline.png

(Image via SlashStar)

21-Stormtrooper.jpg?ssl=1

(Image via FBTB)

And now they gotta screw it up again. For me the important thing is the line between the goggles and the headband. It just looks wrong without it.

It also appears to be very front "heavy" like the new Vader helmet.

38 minutes ago, manumi said:

The new storm on ebay is now on sale

As is the new Leia from the same set and Bacta Vader and Imperial Transport Pilot from Vader's Castle. The listing provides some new shots of the helmet, but still not liking it. For those who want to see, look at toycollectorstore on eBay.

This is the danger of leaks and why Lego cracks down on them.

We’re judging something like a mold that is three dimensional from a single angle in a single photo that could be distorted. 

I have my reservations but I think the community, here and beyond, is reacting very strongly to something that requires far more data to evaluate.

Which is a totally valid reaction. Part of the fun are these discussions.

However i’m coming from loving the new rebel pilot helmet from the photos to seeing it in person and disliking it entirely.