Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I like the Hoth promo. I agree with others that it would have benefited from a minifigure. It’s a good May 4th promo but it doesn’t feel like a 20th Anniversary Promo which is what it’s also being marketed as. A chrome variant of a character similar to the Chrome Darth Vader back in 2009 would have been good.

1 minute ago, Tariq j said:

I like the Hoth promo. I agree with others that it would have benefited from a minifigure. It’s a good May 4th promo but it doesn’t feel like a 20th Anniversary Promo which is what it’s also being marketed as. A chrome variant of a character similar to the Chrome Darth Vader back in 2009 would have been good.

It wouldn't make any sense as a 20th Anniversary figure, but it should've been a chrome Phasma...

2 hours ago, Anio said:

If you want some pics of the build, I did a review of Tantive 75244 : http://www.techlug.fr/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=11811

Thank you for the many large photos. Good to see :)

II shall not be buying the ship itself, but I am interested in the minifigures. But I still cannot understand why Lego cut off the bottom of the lower jacket pockets on Antilles' torso; it makes him look unnecessarily unfinished in my eyes.

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

Did Lego say they were doing a 501st Battle Pack?

No. Lego has commented that they have nothing planned but like our dedication to it. Upon lego's ending of regional exclusives, signifying to some that they are listening to AFOLs more, I had commented "there's hope for a 501st battle pack yet", because of the aforementioned likelyhood of them listening to AFOLs more. And somehow that comment spawned a who page of discussion, similar to whenever anyone mentions anything about the next UCS and everyone decides it's a UCS star destroyer.

@Kdapt-Preacher As cool as a chrome Phasma would be, I think an OT character, or even a phantom menace character would make more sense in this case for a 20th exclusive. 

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Pretty sure the force Friday UCS is going to be a rebel blockade runner.  They said we were getting a UCS one this year.

1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

Pretty sure the force Friday UCS is going to be a rebel blockade runner.  They said we were getting a UCS one this year.

The May the 4th set is the blockade runner. They aren't calling it a UCS, but there aren't going to be two >$200 Tantive IVs in one year.

When you say ‘they said we were getting a UCS’, who is the ‘they’ to which you refer?

9 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

The May the 4th set is the blockade runner. They aren't calling it a UCS, but there aren't going to be two >$200 Tantive IVs in one year.

I completely agree, we'll only get one blockade runner, and this is it. The UCS blockade runner turned out to be not labeled as such, but that doesn't mean we'll get another a few months later.

27 minutes ago, TeeNuggetTa said:

This is unrelated but has anyone seen any 20th Anniversary sets in Australia? Other than Toyworld.

Pod racer,  snowspeeder and Slave I  seem to be general releases. Scout Walker & Drop Ship appear to be Toyworld exclusives for no good reason.

1 hour ago, TeufelHund said:

Pod racer,  snowspeeder and Slave I  seem to be general releases. Scout Walker & Drop Ship appear to be Toyworld exclusives for no good reason.

Damn, I really wanted to get the dropship cheap but now it's always going to be on full retail price

15 hours ago, TeeNuggetTa said:

Damn, I really wanted to get the dropship cheap but now it's always going to be on full retail price

Toyworld do have some sales, 20% off lego last weekend

3 hours ago, cyberrage said:

Toyworld do have some sales, 20% off lego last weekend

I doubt this was a general discount - probably specific to a particular franchise store. I've never heard of Toyworld offering a flat 20% discount nationwide before.

There is a lot of wish-listing going on guys. Please stop commenting on which fig you wish were part of the freebie.

Had a look at the Tantive IV in my local lego shop (Leeds) window today. I still think the proportions are a bit off, especially around the neck, but it convinced me to pick it up this Friday.

Anyone have any advance knowledge as to what items will be on sale this weekend (besides BB-8)?

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

Anyone have any advance knowledge as to what items will be on sale this weekend (besides BB-8)?

Typically the oldest sets go on sale. Don't expect any of the April wave to be marked down, or even much of the January wave.

4 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Typically the oldest sets go on sale. Don't expect any of the April wave to be marked down, or even much of the January wave.

Dang. I guess they have to sell that last jedi stock still. So much for bb-8's TOTY award or whatever the set got.

5 hours ago, jdubbs said:

I'm just hoping for a sale on the Sandcrawler, which hasn't dropped in price at all in the USA, except for, apparently, a sale on Macy's website going on at the moment.

Wow seriously? That set has been 40% off since September over here (Europe)...

Last years some of the 1-1.5 year old sets were on discount for 20-30%. I'm hoping for the X-wing to be on sale, still waiting to pick it up and should be just enough to get the GWP.

I overheard one of the employees at the LEGO Store yesterday. They said that BB-8, Vaders Castle and the Porg were going to be on sale. Although, I'm not sure if that is 100% true.

1 minute ago, PickleManDan said:

I overheard one of the employees at the LEGO Store yesterday. They said that BB-8, Vaders Castle and the Porg were going to be on sale. Although, I'm not sure if that is 100% true.

Haha, thanks, I appreciate it, for whatever it's worth!  I did ask for inside knowledge, but it just makes me laugh to think of someone eavesdropping (accidentally or not) on LEGO Store employees.  Sounds like the sort of thing I would do.  :grin:  :blush:  This actually seems quite accurate, though I imagine other sets would get some discount, as well.  I would be tempted by Darth Vader's Castle to round out my Rogue One collection, even though I'm a staunch supporter of the Alliance.

9 hours ago, Maartenh said:

Wow seriously? That set has been 40% off since September over here (Europe)...

Last years some of the 1-1.5 year old sets were on discount for 20-30%. I'm hoping for the X-wing to be on sale, still waiting to pick it up and should be just enough to get the GWP.

Yeah, I know!  From what I gathered last time I asked about the Sandcrawler, supposedly there is some condition that big retailers are not allowed to discount the "big" sets (say, $100 or more) for a year or so.  Everything else usually enjoys a perpetual 20-30% discount, so I can't complain, especially given that our prices are generally lower to begin with.  But I want a Sandcrawler.  :wink:
I hope you can get the X-Wing, it's a great set!

1 hour ago, PickleManDan said:

Australian S@H deals are live. Unfortunately none that I was hoping for. The sets on sale are FO Star Destroyer, FO AT-ST, FO Heavy Assault Walker, Luke's Landspeeder, Kessel Run Falcon, Sandcrawler, Imperial AT-Hauler, Imperial Conveyex Transport and Han Solo's Landspeeder. All are 20% off except the FO AT-ST (30% off) and the FO Star Destroyer (26% off). Double VIP points on all Star Wars Purchases. Sales may vary by region.