Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

On 12/1/2019 at 2:29 PM, Brikkyy13 said:

I just built Kylo’s shuttle. I’m sure I’m going to be in the minority on this one but it’s definitely a step down from the last version, even if the wings fold. I’ll most likely be taking this one apart and rebuilding the 2015 model. 

For starters this ship looked far more accurate in dark grey. I’m happy that everyone who wanted it to be black got a black version but now it just looks wrong, especially since the sleekness of the ship has been broken up with dark grey accents everywhere. 

The wing mechanism is flimsy as hell, the wings don’t lock in place so they flop around everywhere. Not to mention that the integration of the function has taken up half of the interior space and the ship can now hold only 3 figures instead of 6. 

The figures are decent, but aside from the two Knights of Ren there’s nothing to get excited over. Kylo Ren himself is downright awful. His hairpiece isn’t included and his helmet is oversized and looks like someone smashed the front in with a hammer.

Such a shame considering the first one was the best set of its wave and included the best Kylo figure LEGO has ever produced. 

I've got both ,both have good points and not so good points ,I thought the wings on the new set would lock better. About Kylo's helmet ,I agree ,never liked it ,you summed it up perfectly ,(oversized and looks smashed in -flatten in the front) The other mini figs are great ,love the helmeted knight of Ren.

I was surprised Kylo's didn't come with his hair piece ,since he has his printed face piece.

4 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

So it looks like no amazon set this year :( was Darth Vaders castle a one time wonder, or anybody who know?

Vader's Castle is 40% off in the US (IIRC it was 30% off last year).  But yeah, I haven't seen any other Cyber Monday deals on Amazon.  Or do you mean Amazon-exclusive new releases?

7 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Vader's Castle is 40% off in the US (IIRC it was 30% off last year).  But yeah, I haven't seen any other Cyber Monday deals on Amazon.  Or do you mean Amazon-exclusive new releases?

Yes that is what I mean, and haven't seen any really good deal of it here (Im in Sweden)

On 11/30/2019 at 5:29 PM, Brikkyy13 said:

I just built Kylo’s shuttle. I’m sure I’m going to be in the minority on this one but it’s definitely a step down from the last version, even if the wings fold. I’ll most likely be taking this one apart and rebuilding the 2015 model. 

For starters this ship looked far more accurate in dark grey. I’m happy that everyone who wanted it to be black got a black version but now it just looks wrong, especially since the sleekness of the ship has been broken up with dark grey accents everywhere. 

The wing mechanism is flimsy as hell, the wings don’t lock in place so they flop around everywhere. Not to mention that the integration of the function has taken up half of the interior space and the ship can now hold only 3 figures instead of 6. 

The figures are decent, but aside from the two Knights of Ren there’s nothing to get excited over. Kylo Ren himself is downright awful. His hairpiece isn’t included and his helmet is oversized and looks like someone smashed the front in with a hammer.

Such a shame considering the first one was the best set of its wave and included the best Kylo figure LEGO has ever produced. 

We definitely disagree.  The new one is much better imo but we also disagree about the first one being the best set in the wave.  The first one wasn't good even before we got a remake.

This remake is Lego's way of saying "this will begin to make things right". 

Lego reps. seemed a little embarrassed about getting the color wrong based on pre production images when questioned about it after TFA release.  That must have been a factor in why they produced a remake so quickly.

On 12/3/2019 at 1:18 PM, lego the hutt said:

We definitely disagree.  The new one is much better imo but we also disagree about the first one being the best set in the wave. 

Out of curiosity, what would you consider the best set of the 2015 TFA wave?

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Personally, I'd rank them like this:

Poe's X-wing: Solid build, cool color scheme, acceptable price, good figures - and very notably, the best and most iconic version of Poe to be produced that is only just now being replicated for 2020 - after half a dozen other versions along the way. 

First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter: All TIEs prior to 2015 are inferior due to the lack of a correct cockpit mold, starting with the Inquisitor's TIE they began to be 'perfect' in minifig scale. This was our very first TIE in the classic shape - even though it'd take another 3 years to get a normal Imperial TIE when the Solo movie came around. Excellent choice to make all four figures generic armybuilders for those who bought multiples. 

TFA Millennium Falcon: A slight step upgrade to the 2011 edition, but with vastly better figure selection as the 2011 ones quickly became obsolete with the aesthetic upgrades that occurred early in this decade of LEGO Star Wars. Ended up being a lot of people's first playscale Falcon and a good one at that. A good anchor for the wave that's aged well, despite now being made irrelevant by the 2019 edition. 

First Order Troop Transport: This set has actually aged pretty well, boasting a decent figure selection for the price and is still an effective rendition of one of the film's few original vehicles. 

Kylo's Shuttle: Decent figure selection for the time that became much less relevant in short order, now only really being notable for the hooded Kylo option. Good interior but incorrect color scheme and design that's all pretty bleh - not only is it not canon, a ton of the parts feel wasted on boring wing mechanisms that add little play value. The new shuttle isn't immune to some of these issues - it's far from the best ship design in Star Wars - but at least it's accurate (and has much better figures). 

Rey's Speeder: A fun little $20 set whose biggest crime is being comically oversized and not particularly important in the film. Still, it works for what it is. 

First Order Snowspeeder: A pretty dull design with a poor figure selection - First Order Snowtroopers have a weak helmet mold that doesn't cling to the head well and 3 of them in a $40 "battle pack" doesn't really cut it. The vehicle itself is forgettable enough that they cut it from the movie itself, and is destined to be forgotten in the long history of LEGO Star Wars as well. 

On 12/3/2019 at 12:18 PM, lego the hutt said:

We definitely disagree.  The new one is much better imo but we also disagree about the first one being the best set in the wave.  The first one wasn't good even before we got a remake.

This remake is Lego's way of saying "this will begin to make things right". 

Lego reps. seemed a little embarrassed about getting the color wrong based on pre production images when questioned about it after TFA release.  That must have been a factor in why they produced a remake so quickly.

nice lor san tekka qoute. I agree, lego's trying to fix some of there past mistakes with these sets.

58 minutes ago, Darth Caedus said:

First Order Snowspeeder: A pretty dull design with a poor figure selection - First Order Snowtroopers have a weak helmet mold that doesn't cling to the head well and 3 of them in a $40 "battle pack" doesn't really cut it. The vehicle itself is forgettable enough that they cut it from the movie itself, and is destined to be forgotten in the long history of LEGO Star Wars as well. 

I was just thinking about how the speeder got cut from the film. I didn't know the helmet problem was a widespread thing, I thought it was just a bad batch or something.

7 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

C-3PO polybag, because of all those prints.

On 12/5/2019 at 8:00 AM, Mr. Cube said:

C-3PO polybag, because of all those prints.

Haha, sounds like you moking it, but you have a point, but for me it was the Falcon, before they really started to exadurate the Falcon sets  

Just purchased 75254 at my local LEGO store to get the Obi-Wan polybag! I don’t care if it runs for another month and a half, I’m not chancing promos anymore after last weekend’s disasters.

I can only compare Kylo's shuttles using the instructions, because i don't own the old one. But i like the actual model and the wing mechanism. 

Everytime i see a review of the candy xwing i die a little? It looks so good! But i doubt it'll ever go on ebay for a decent price.

6 hours ago, blujay563 said:

Everytime i see a review of the candy xwing i die a little? It looks so good! But i doubt it'll ever go on ebay for a decent price.

Is it more or less expensive than the normal employee Christmas gift?

6 hours ago, blujay563 said:

I know, it looks so good. (I do understand, however, that were this wide-release the only people to buy it would probably be the members of this form)

18 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Is it more or less expensive than the normal employee Christmas gift?

It'll probably be more since it's star wars, as opposed to some normal build.

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I know, it looks so good. (I do understand, however, that were this wide-release the only people to buy it would probably be the members of this form)

It'll probably be more since it's star wars, as opposed to some normal build.

Cheapest option in the US on ebay is around $300 with shipping. Some international sellers have it a bit cheaper tho. I know it would take away the rarity of the set but it would be nice if Lego made the employee christmas sets available as limited time exclusives on lego shop for the holidays. 

1 hour ago, blujay563 said:

Cheapest option in the US on ebay is around $300 with shipping. Some international sellers have it a bit cheaper tho. I know it would take away the rarity of the set but it would be nice if Lego made the employee christmas sets available as limited time exclusives on lego shop for the holidays. 

Or at least make the instructions public

7 hours ago, blujay563 said:

I’m actually amazed it’s “only” $300.  

Well, I decided that I’ll be Bricklinking it in time for Christmas 2020!

9 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

I’m actually amazed it’s “only” $300.  

Well, I decided that I’ll be Bricklinking it in time for Christmas 2020!

Good luck! I bet it'll be an amazing festive display piece and I'm pretty sure none of the pieces in the set are exclusive other than the minifigures.

57 minutes ago, blujay563 said:

Good luck! I bet it'll be an amazing festive display piece and I'm pretty sure none of the pieces in the set are exclusive other than the minifigures.

Thanks!  We’ll see what Bricklink is like now that TLG has control, but yeah, I figure that it should be fairly affordable given that I have:

a. Over one whole year to acquire the pieces

b. Set 75218, which seems to be the backbone of the Candy X-Wing (the only changes are cosmetic, as far as I can tell)

and 

c. I don’t care if it’s 100% accurate as long as it looks good

On 12/4/2019 at 8:11 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

nice lor san tekka qoute. I agree, lego's trying to fix some of there past mistakes with these sets.

Now if only they would fix their mistake with the FO AT-ST... fingers crossed it makes an appearance in ep9 to justify LEGO giving us a proper set of one. It'd be a huge shame if they don't eventually as I absolutely love its design. 

6 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Now if only they would fix their mistake with the FO AT-ST... fingers crossed it makes an appearance in ep9 to justify LEGO giving us a proper set of one. It'd be a huge shame if they don't eventually as I absolutely love its design. 

We just got the Mando AT-ST (a proper one) and AFAIR there were no AT-STs shown in the trailers for Ep.9.

As has been the case every time for the past few Star Wars movies, please refrain from posting spoilers for at least 1 week. After that, please use spoiler tags for a couple more weeks. This is to be considerate. So don't whine about how other people should stay off the internet if they haven't seen it yet. If you must shout your opinion, then do it in a PM for now. I would very much like to see the movie without it being spoiler by regulating this site. I'm sure others would like the same kind of consideration.

This is your only warning.

Just bought the 2 microfighters set 75263 and 753264.  Was particularly impressed with the Kylo Ren's shuttle microfighter.  And great move from Lego to include these two minifigures in cheap sets.  Loved it.  Here is my review on both.  Anyone else loved the new microfighters?