Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, Terrasher said:

I imagine we won't be seeing Cloud City again in the LEGO Store. Is this one of the shortest Star Wars UCS / MBS runs? How long did Assault on Hoth last?

Depends on what country we're looking at, but it's an estimated shelftime of 1,5 years

Yes, Cloud City is showing sold out for the LEGO Store in Canada, and as you say Terrasher, likely will not be restocked.  I suppose for anyone interested in getting it they need to check out their local bricks & mortar LEGO store to see if there is a copy in stock.

19 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Yes, well aware of that.  There was speculation that it might stick around a bit longer in stores due to poor sales.  The 30% off this weekend appears to have dealt with that.

Cheers

Edited by Omand
spelling

So I went to my LEGO store and saw the list for the Black Friday weekend or there "deals of the day" and there will be no special discounts on Star Wars sets. However, they still don't have the list of sets that will be partially discounted so there is still hope on some SW sets being on sale for Black Friday. 

7 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

So I went to my LEGO store and saw the list for the Black Friday weekend or there "deals of the day" and there will be no special discounts on Star Wars sets. However, they still don't have the list of sets that will be partially discounted so there is still hope on some SW sets being on sale for Black Friday. 

I think Amazon will be far more interesting, at least in the US.

https://press.aboutamazon.com/news-releases/news-release-details/amazons-black-friday-deals-week-almost-here-more-deals-day-and

"Save up to 40% on toys from LEGO"

Edited by m4st3rt3ch

19 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

I think Amazon will be far more interesting, at least in the US.

https://press.aboutamazon.com/news-releases/news-release-details/amazons-black-friday-deals-week-almost-here-more-deals-day-and

"Save up to 40% on toys from LEGO"

Probably. The sale on that MF is crazy good, almost too good to be true unless you got a friend in LEGO who can help you use that 50% discount ;)

I forgot to mention, apparently, the Obi-wan polybag will be given out from Dec 6 to Jan 31 for SW purchases of $40 or more. Glad its actually coming out...

So I missed BOTH Target sales for the Sandcrawler ($70 and $90).  ?Anyone have any idea whether it will go on sale again in the US?  Seems like a safe bet, if stores can/choose to get it back in stock within a week

If it is real, then that Madalorian battle pack is excellent. I've not seen the show yet, living in a country without access to Disney+ but I'm wondering if these are named characters or "generic" Mandalorians. 

4 hours ago, Rocketbilly said:

If it is real, then that Madalorian battle pack is excellent.

It's real.

6 hours ago, Rocketbilly said:

If it is real, then that Madalorian battle pack is excellent. I've not seen the show yet, living in a country without access to Disney+ but I'm wondering if these are named characters or "generic" Mandalorians. 

So far it seems they're called 'Mandalorian Warriors', so generic naming. But that's only confirmed for one character, though I kind of assume it will be the case for all four.

Regards,
Mitch

25 minutes ago, Legliss said:

Is it just me or does the Mando riding the speeder look similar to the Armorer? 

They both feature the color "brown" :) The helmets look very different, though (visor and other printing).

I was dissapointed we didn't get the heavy infantry Mando in this battle pack but hopefully we see him soon in some other set. I have spoken.

Leaks spotted a Lego Star Wars set as an employee gift for christmas.

Its a Christmas version of an X-wing

Edited by AMD

48 minutes ago, AMD said:

Even at that blurry resolution it looks incredible. LEGO Employee gifts have always been pretty fun & interesting, but this just shot it past lightspeed. At one point I was trying to go for the Trains one (from a year or two ago?) but it was pretty consistently ~$200. I can only imagine what this will go for, not only is it Star Wars with what looks like at least 1 very exclusive minifig, but it also is now a piece of the "20th Anniversary Collection" for any of the completionists out there...darn. Expecting this to rival the more desirable SDCC exclusives on the aftermarket - $500? $750 even? Hard to guess. 

1 hour ago, AMD said:

Looks amazing and pretty big for a Christmas set!!! Gonna be very expensive on Bricklink and all....

That X-Wing looks amazing! I'd very much like to see the instructions for this employee gift, aftermarket price will probably go through the roof though

10 hours ago, AMD said:

Amazing.

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

That X-Wing looks amazing! I'd very much like to see the instructions for this employee gift, aftermarket price will probably go through the roof though

Yeah, at this point I just want to bricklink the parts, hopefully some employee can get us a look at the manual.

18 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Said X-wing has a set name involved: LEGO Employee Gift 2019: (4002019) Candy X-Wing!

Makes sense considering the color scheme of it.

Anyone in Canada catch some of the amazing Lego sales at Toys r us? 40-50% off a bunch of sets! it was a pricey haul for me but I am glad I waited a year to get some of the sets 

15 hours ago, ARIEL-1970 said:

Anyone in Canada catch some of the amazing Lego sales at Toys r us? 40-50% off a bunch of sets! it was a pricey haul for me but I am glad I waited a year to get some of the sets 

Saw the sale, but had already purchased the sets in question earlier.  Kicking myself as I could have saved even more than I did when I purchased the sets during other sales.  That said, who was to know that a) they would still have stock, and b) thta they would discount so heavily at this late date.

Oh well.  Congratulations on the deals you got and enjoy.

Cheers

I just built Kylo’s shuttle. I’m sure I’m going to be in the minority on this one but it’s definitely a step down from the last version, even if the wings fold. I’ll most likely be taking this one apart and rebuilding the 2015 model. 

For starters this ship looked far more accurate in dark grey. I’m happy that everyone who wanted it to be black got a black version but now it just looks wrong, especially since the sleekness of the ship has been broken up with dark grey accents everywhere. 

The wing mechanism is flimsy as hell, the wings don’t lock in place so they flop around everywhere. Not to mention that the integration of the function has taken up half of the interior space and the ship can now hold only 3 figures instead of 6. 

The figures are decent, but aside from the two Knights of Ren there’s nothing to get excited over. Kylo Ren himself is downright awful. His hairpiece isn’t included and his helmet is oversized and looks like someone smashed the front in with a hammer.

Such a shame considering the first one was the best set of its wave and included the best Kylo figure LEGO has ever produced.