Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

12 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

October 4th, but a lot of stores (most of them in the US) don't give a crap about streetdates

People keep saying this, and maybe they’re right, but I’m in the US and stores near me are extremely diligent and refuse to break the street date.

To be fair, it wasn’t always this way, but it has been for licensed themes for at least 5 years.  Heck, LEGO Stores used to put out their own sets early.  Ah well...not the most exciting Force Friday, anyway.  It’ll be here when it’s here

40 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

People keep saying this, and maybe they’re right, but I’m in the US and stores near me are extremely diligent and refuse to break the street date.

To be fair, it wasn’t always this way, but it has been for licensed themes for at least 5 years.  Heck, LEGO Stores used to put out their own sets early.  Ah well...not the most exciting Force Friday, anyway.  It’ll be here when it’s here

My local lego store put out the 2018 star wars sets a week early, and got some pretty harsh reprimanding from the lego group. Now they refuse to put anything out before the release date, or even let a customer request a set from storage a day early. I get it though, they don't want to lose their jobs. Just goes to show lego's cracking down.

My local Walmart had the Death Star  cannon set on shelves today so I grabbed it but they street dated it at checkout and wouldn’t let me buy it. Bummer. Oh well. I guess waiting another week is fine

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

My local Walmart had the Death Star  cannon set on shelves today so I grabbed it but they street dated it at checkout and wouldn’t let me buy it. Bummer. Oh well. I guess waiting another week is fine

So close. Speaking of the death star cannon though,  after watching the j2g review, I'll only get it if I can find it on sale, definitely not at launch. The main draw to the set seems to be obi-wan's hood.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Video review for the Falcon is up on Youtube. Seeing the new one next to the Force Awakens version really shows how much they've improved the shape of the ship to become much more accurate. Moving the cockpit has also made better use of the interior space in that area.

Its not without flaws though. Although the gaps between the panels have been fixed there are still plenty new ones in other areas (between the roof and mandibles, next to the cockpit, behind the top of the front center panel, a few on the floor). The new hyperdrive build is also VERY basic compared to its predecessors.

New Falcon is really good by the looks of it, but interior on TFA one is way better imho. It seems like when designing new one all the efforts went into closing the gaps and they forgot to make a good interior. Also not a fan of the way they made turrets using ski sticks piece. Honestly if I was to choose between TFA and ROS version (minifigs excluded) I think I’d go for 2015 one.

4 hours ago, Skyfoogle said:

The interior as a whole is pretty bland and disappointing. The Dejarik table and seating area is a step back from previous designs.

The seating around the Dejarik table is one area I thought they improved on. It seats one extra minifigure and captures the round shape better than the TFA Falcon, while also being located in a better position than the one on the Kessel Run Falcon. The only set that did a better job with it is the recent UCS Falcon. The build for the chair by the computer console is also well done and not as bland as previous iterations.

I think overall the new Falcon is an improvement - if only for the fully enclosed hull. Finally! The interior leaves something to be desired, but quite honestly I'd have an easier job with filling that section with life of my own than fixing the hull design of older versions.

The interiors on the normal Falcons have always been disappointing. But when talking about wether or not the new interior is better or worse I think it completely depends on what part of the interior you're looking at. The 2019 Dejarik room (including the console and much better chair) is far superior to the 2015 version, while something like the hyperdrive is way better on the 2015 Falcon. One fun addition is that space underneath the floor where Rey, Finn and BB-8 hide in in TFA is also included in the 2019 version

9 hours ago, wesker said:

Its not without flaws though. Although the gaps between the panels have been fixed there are still plenty new ones in other areas (between the roof and mandibles, next to the cockpit, behind the top of the front center panel, a few on the floor). The new hyperdrive build is also VERY basic compared to its predecessors.

While I agree I must say the new gaps look like they're much easier to fill up than the old gaps

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Just found the A-Wing, Y-Wing and Death Star Cannon sets at a local retailer :classic: 

Congrats on your finds! My Target is still stashing them away, but I personally know half the staff and may get lucky. 

With th the recent Triple Force Friday promos being revealed, what do you think we’ll see discounted? Will it be a plethora of sets like May 4th? Or should we expect sets from that rumored retiring soon list? 

On 9/28/2019 at 5:15 AM, wesker said:

The seating around the Dejarik table is one area I thought they improved on. It seats one extra minifigure and captures the round shape better than the TFA Falcon, while also being located in a better position than the one on the Kessel Run Falcon. The only set that did a better job with it is the recent UCS Falcon. The build for the chair by the computer console is also well done and not as bland as previous iterations.

I agree, and while some areas do end up looking somewhat bland, a bland interior is pretty easy to customize. I'll be picking this one up day one, probably along with the mandalorian at-st.

On 9/28/2019 at 9:09 AM, Aegis2000 said:

With th the recent Triple Force Friday promos being revealed, what do you think we’ll see discounted? Will it be a plethora of sets like May 4th? Or should we expect sets from that rumored retiring soon list? 

I assume it'll be whatever they have the most stock of, so probably sets that sold poorly.

On 9/28/2019 at 4:09 PM, Aegis2000 said:

I expect the soon-to-be discontinued sets - they want to clear their stock.

So I finally found a good discount on Major Vonreg’s TIE Fighter/Interceptor (36% off, yay!) and I actually quite like Kaz. So has anyone come up with a more accurate face to use for him? My first instinct, oddly enough, is a Ninjago Movie Kai face, but obviously that’s yellow, not flesh. Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, I don’t currently have time to trawl through the thread.

13 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

So I finally found a good discount on Major Vonreg’s TIE Fighter/Interceptor (36% off, yay!) and I actually quite like Kaz. So has anyone come up with a more accurate face to use for him? My first instinct, oddly enough, is a Ninjago Movie Kai face, but obviously that’s yellow, not flesh. Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, I don’t currently have time to trawl through the thread.

Both of the faces ant-man's had work pretty well, in my opinion. The eyebrows aren't perfect but the expressions are very much like Kaz, with the grin on one side and panicked face on the other.

The global disparity for free promotional items is getting worse. To qualify for the Force Friday Endor set the min. spend is $75 USD, which equates to approx. $110 Australian dollars. Yet, the actual min. spend in Australian dollars is $200. I find it very hard to justify that number based on tax, relative size of market, shipping, etc. Still, ’market forces’ is such a great hand wavy term and I’m sure I’ll get flamed for complaining about the cost of a “free” item which has no real value.

11 minutes ago, Markalus said:

The global disparity for free promotional items is getting worse. To qualify for the Force Friday Endor set the min. spend is $75 USD, which equates to approx. $110 Australian dollars. Yet, the actual min. spend in Australian dollars is $200. I find it very hard to justify that number based on tax, relative size of market, shipping, etc. Still, ’market forces’ is such a great hand wavy term and I’m sure I’ll get flamed for complaining about the cost of a “free” item which has no real value.

I'm not going to try to flame you here, just trying to help figure out why it is $200. $75 usd does end up at $111.84 australian, which as you say is nearly $100 short of the actual amount. The only other thing I can think of is, as you say, shipping. Lego doesn't have any major hubs or factories in australia, a quick search shows only one australian location on lego's "locations" page, which when you add in that australia is a remote-ish country with a small population for it's size, it makes sense that shipping would be pretty expensive. Probably not $90 AUD more expensive though, so I agree there is a global disparity there, which has to be annoying. Sorry about that.

Of course, this is all ignoring the real reason that australian legos are more expensive because they have to be strong enough to be built and displayed upside-down.

Does the 200 AUD include sales tax, VAT, etc? In the US, the $75 includes no tax. In my area, for example, the tax inclusive price is ~$81. Still only translates to ~$120-121 AUD, but a little less delta.

Beyond that and extra shipping cost, yeah, that seems pretty steep for a GWP threshold. I could easily understand 120 or 125. Maybe even 150. 200? Ouch.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm not going to try to flame you here, just trying to help figure out why it is $200. $75 usd does end up at $111.84 australian, which as you say is nearly $100 short of the actual amount. The only other thing I can think of is, as you say, shipping. Lego doesn't have any major hubs or factories in australia, a quick search shows only one australian location on lego's "locations" page, which when you add in that australia is a remote-ish country with a small population for it's size, it makes sense that shipping would be pretty expensive. Probably not $90 AUD more expensive though, so I agree there is a global disparity there, which has to be annoying. Sorry about that.

Of course, this is all ignoring the real reason that australian legos are more expensive because they have to be strong enough to be built and displayed upside-down.

Haha re the upside-down. LEGO does have a hub/warehouse here in Australia. It opened last year and one of the benefits was significantly reduced shipping costs. 

38 minutes ago, autolycus said:

Does the 200 AUD include sales tax, VAT, etc? In the US, the $75 includes no tax. In my area, for example, the tax inclusive price is ~$81. Still only translates to ~$120-121 AUD, but a little less delta.

Beyond that and extra shipping cost, yeah, that seems pretty steep for a GWP threshold. I could easily understand 120 or 125. Maybe even 150. 200? Ouch.

Yes, our price does include 10% GST. Even $150 would be reasonable. Getting double VIP points on Force Friday certainly helps but the new sets are already available at 20% discount at local resellers.  

31 minutes ago, Markalus said:

Haha re the upside-down. LEGO does have a hub/warehouse here in Australia. It opened last year and one of the benefits was significantly reduced shipping costs. 

Yes, our price does include 10% GST. Even $150 would be reasonable. Getting double VIP points on Force Friday certainly helps but the new sets are already available at 20% discount at local resellers.  

coll that you guys got a hub in australia!

I'd take 20% off over promos anyday, especially since it's $15 usd off ( or $40 AUD off) if you were literally planning on buying the bare minimum to cross the threshold.

Idk about countries but in the US online store, the Endor GWP is going to be sold on the website. Don't know if this is a mistake or not...

Screen%20Shot%202019-10-01%20at%2010.43.

7 hours ago, Evergreen said:

Idk about countries but in the US online store, the Endor GWP is going to be sold on the website. Don't know if this is a mistake or not...

Very interesting. I wonder if this is tied to their new VIP system. It could just be a glitch of course, especially since the IX sets aren't up yet.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Very interesting. I wonder if this is tied to their new VIP system. It could just be a glitch of course, especially since the IX sets aren't up yet.

Does anyone know why the IX sets aren't up yet? I thought official global release was October 1.

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

Does anyone know why the IX sets aren't up yet? I thought official global release was October 1.

Nope, october 4th

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nope, october 4th

true, but it's odd that they are not listed as comming soon. That usually happens 1-2 weeks ahead of actual purchase date.

I can also tell to my suprise I have not found any IX figures continued listed on either brickliink nor ebay, which there are usually a couple of sellers who does with a month before release date

Edited by Sneakguest