Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I really like that new red Y-Wing, I liked the red version from the clone wars but obviously we will never get that, so this is nice to have instead.

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm gonna try to make one for tatooine, rep the whole origional trilogy

I think a trench run would be a cool one to have for a new Hope, so it’s three battles; Yavin, Hoth and Endor

would be cool if we could get some more; Naboo, Geonosis, Kashyyyk, Takodana, Crait etc.

The new A-wing looks a lot better in the reviews. It looks much thinner and proportionally longer and sleeker in its profile. The cannons are still ugly and I do not like the blue pins both at the cannons and at the back. The back also seems to lack detail.

Also it is really dumb that the cockpit does not even come with a control panel or some kind of control stick. It even has an empty 1x2 space in front of the pilot. Talk about cutting corners.

11 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I think a trench run would be a cool one to have for a new Hope, so it’s three battles; Yavin, Hoth and Endor

would be cool if we could get some more; Naboo, Geonosis, Kashyyyk, Takodana, Crait etc.

Definately. I was just saying that personally I will make a tatooine one to represent the whole trilogy. At least to me, tatooine, hoth, and endor are main planets of the origional trilogy.

18 hours ago, Chromide said:

I really like that new red Y-Wing, I liked the red version from the clone wars but obviously we will never get that, so this is nice to have instead.

I also like the red colour. The mcquarrism of the design is nice too.

10 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

Also it is really dumb that the cockpit does not even come with a control panel or some kind of control stick. It even has an empty 1x2 space in front of the pilot. Talk about cutting corners.

I never understood why LEGO does this. Is one extra piece really going to make that much of a difference? Especially considering all the instances where they use two parts instead of one, like them using two cheese slopes next to each other instead of using a 1x2 cheese slope

This set is so amazing, I love it.

I think all of you should see this review. When I saw the first pictures, I thought that it looks horrible. After this review, I think it's amazing. They couldn't do it better.

I was pretty sure the box art didn't do Yoda justice, and it seems it really was the case. There are still some angles that feel weird, but overall it is a very convincing scuplture, I might just buy it.

I agree that the Yoda looks soooo much better IRL than on the pictures. The plaque of that set has that black and blue image of Yoda in the background, there is some additional shading added around the pieces in his face, making it more clear where his mouth is supposed to be. It's a shame there is not as much shadow in that area as on that image, but at least this time I can see where Yoda's (closed) mouth is supposed to be. The lightsaber build is also quite nice.

Kylo Ren's shuttle is amazing. Even the greebling is superior to the old one (though I still like that inaccurate set for its own shaping and details). It is a shame the wings do not have retractable landing gear as while it is a relief they kept the boarding ramp function on the new one, it is kinda useless because the shuttle sits way too low to the ground.

I really like Kylo Ren's Shuttle, but I think I'm going to wait for a good discount on that one. The only day one purchase for me is the Falcon (don't have one yet)

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I really like Kylo Ren's Shuttle, but I think I'm going to wait for a good discount on that one. The only day one purchase for me is the Falcon (don't have one yet)

I managed to get a good deal on the TFA one (from someone who worked on the movie, no less!) but seeing that Falcon kind of makes me wish I'd held out for this one. The proportions of the mandibles and lack of gaps really make a difference (although in an ideal world, I would just get the UCS) 

Edited by SEmrys

55 minutes ago, SEmrys said:

I managed to get a good deal on the TFA one (from someone who worked on the movie, no less!) but seeing that Falcon kind of makes me wish I'd held out for this one. The proportions proportions of the mandibles and lack of gaps really make a difference (although in an ideal world, I would just get the UCS) 

Yeah I really hated the gaps in the previous Falcons so I didn't get any of them and I don't have the money for the UCS. This one is perfect for me!

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Same here with the falcon, except I'm not 100% sure if I'll pick it up day one or wait until christmastime. I'm already planning on getting the mandalorian set and maybe another HOA.

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Honestly the new hood piece in black is perfect to make better looking Nazgûl, so I’m really excited about that

Agreed

9 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think all of you should see this review. When I saw the first pictures, I thought that it looks horrible. After this review, I think it's amazing. They couldn't do it better.

I agree, looks much better without all the shade on the boxart. If I was more into statues or the PT I'd pick it up.

The Shuttle and the Falcon look excellent. The Hood piece would be very useful in more colours. I feel like the set could've included the doorway for the duel between Ben and Vader rather than the cannon. But its still a decent set.

29 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Honestly the new hood piece in black is perfect to make better looking Nazgûl, so I’m really excited about that

Fingers crossed for the return of LEGO LotR/Hobbit (though I don't think it will ever return)

Honestly my biggest problem with the Yoda was and still is how blocky(ya I get it it's LEGO blah, blah) and stud-covered it is. It doesn't feel like a proper modern LEGO design and it really stands out agaisnt the smooth modern design of the head hands and feet. It's jarring. The robes should have been made with tiles and curved pieces to give it proper shape and smoothness. It really just doesn't look good imho. The head, hands, feet and lightsaber do look great though but it's really ruined by the robes.

Edited by ToaDraco

4 hours ago, Tariq j said:

The Shuttle and the Falcon look excellent. The Hood piece would be very useful in more colours. I feel like the set could've included the doorway for the duel between Ben and Vader rather than the cannon. But its still a decent set.

Black and Brown are the only really common colors, though grey and white would be nice too.

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Fingers crossed for the return of LEGO LotR/Hobbit (though I don't think it will ever return)

Don't want to get off topic, all I'll say is there's an LOTR universe amazon series coming soon. Speaking of the hood part, and the knight it belongs too, weren't there 3 knights leaked? Along with the mando torso and obi-wan and anakin heads, that's a sizable amount of leaks for january 2020 as early as september.

2 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Honestly my biggest problem with the Yoda was and still is how blocky(ya I get it it's LEGO blah, blah) and stud-covered it is. It doesn't feel like a proper modern LEGO design and it really stands out agaisnt the smooth modern design of the head hands and feet. It's jarring. The robes should have been made with tiles and curved pieces to give it proper shape and smoothness. It really just doesn't look good imho. The head, hands, feet and lightsaber do look great though but it's really ruined by the robes.

I do agree the robes should have been tiles.

5 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Completely agree, it ruins the look

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Speaking of the hood part, and the knight it belongs too, weren't there 3 knights leaked? Along with the mando torso and obi-wan and anakin heads, that's a sizable amount of leaks for january 2020 as early as september.

Yup, the third Knight of Ren is speculated to come in the TIE Dagger set. But that's an active discussion in the 2020 thread

When is the actual release date for the new Star Wars sets? I saw them in an Aussie retail store today @ 20% off. Unfortunately I was travelling and didn’t have room in carry-on. 

19 minutes ago, Markalus said:

When is the actual release date for the new Star Wars sets? I saw them in an Aussie retail store today @ 20% off. Unfortunately I was travelling and didn’t have room in carry-on. 

October 4th, but a lot of stores (most of them in the US) don't give a crap about streetdates

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

October 4th, but a lot of stores (most of them in the US) don't give a crap about streetdates

Thanks. I’m surprised TLG don’t get out their big stick. 

1 hour ago, Markalus said:

Thanks. I’m surprised TLG don’t get out their big stick. 

Given the numbers of shops which don't care, LEGO would need many, many, many sticks. It's just not worth it.

15 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Completely agree, it ruins the look

Yup, the third Knight of Ren is speculated to come in the TIE Dagger set. But that's an active discussion in the 2020 thread

Forgot about that thread

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Sets are now officially revealed

yup.