Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

The ISD is available to purchase in Australia now with a limit of 2. A SW themed promotional item would have been nice on such an expensive set. 

5 hours ago, Markalus said:

The ISD is available to purchase in Australia now with a limit of 2. A SW themed promotional item would have been nice on such an expensive set. 

I’ll settle for double points. Better than nothing. 

6 hours ago, Markalus said:

If I were to buy this, I would wait until Triple force friday and get the endor promo, but I guess if you're buying enough TROS sets it doesn't matter.

The ISD not having a free mini set or polybag does further the question as to when ben will appear. Triple force friday is the last star wars wave release of 2019, with the exception of that kylo and sith trooper brickheadz, which will probably be a store exclusive or something. Which means Kenobi either appears on a media release date, which I don't think lego often does for star wars without accompyning sets released at the same time, (or may the fourth), is just a normal store-bought polybag (which I doubt it's been ages since we got a minifigure polybag you could just straight up buy from the checkout aisle at target or what have you), or it's a 2020 thing that managed to not only leak super early but be a year late to the anniversary it proclaims.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

15 minutes ago, legozebra said:

ISD still not available to add to cart for US members, even when I'm logged in with the VIP account and everything.

If its anything like the falcon, I didnt see it available on the west coast until 3:00-7:00am PST, while normal other sets usually appear at 9:00pm pst the day before. It's a crap shoot! Could be anytime within the next 1-9 hours!

15 minutes ago, legozebra said:

ISD still not available to add to cart for US members, even when I'm logged in with the VIP account and everything.

It’s now on backorder in Australia but that doesn’t surprise me; Lego Australia are notorious for keeping low stock. 

Double VIP only runs from 9-18 to 9-22, i just hope it can stay in stock during that time.

Just now, Markalus said:

It’s now on backorder in Australia but that doesn’t surprise me; Lego Australia are notorious for keeping low stock. 

So it took 13 hours til backorder? Or sooner? I take it you got yours?  :)

10 hours ago, Yee said:

I’ll settle for double points. Better than nothing. 

As well as double points they are giving away the Battle of Hoth set again.

Edited by Andyperkins

4 hours ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

If its anything like the falcon, I didnt see it available on the west coast until 3:00-7:00am PST, while normal other sets usually appear at 9:00pm pst the day before. It's a crap shoot! Could be anytime within the next 1-9 hours!

Yikes, that’s unfortunate. It’s 3AM in my time zone and I’m thinking about calling it a night, although I have no clue how popular this will be or how fast this’ll sell out in the US.

edit: 5 AM and still unable to add to my cart. Well, that was a waste of time :/ I’m booked tomorrow literally all day so was hoping to catch this when it goes love but I guess I’ll be rolling the dice tomorrow and seeing how popular this will be and how fast it’ll get backordered.

Edited by legozebra

UK S@H order placed, added the double VIP points and BofH promo all well and good - sadly its on back ordered status already....

My Lego Store has 12 Star Destroyers in already and is getting 40 more in today. Lego really stocked this well it seems. 

6 hours ago, Yee said:

My Lego Store has 12 Star Destroyers in already and is getting 40 more in today. Lego really stocked this well it seems. 

They’ve learned from the 75192 fiasco.

I picked up the 20th Anniversary Clone Scout Walker this morning from Target. Price-matching with Amazon has it at $19 US.

Wandered into my local (Calgary) store tonight and got a Star Destroyer no problem. :excited:

Chatting to the salesguy, he said he thought they'd only have about a dozen but they actually got about twice that, and by the time I got there tonight (about 7pm) they still had about a dozen left.

The Canadian Lego store site was already on backorder by the time I checked it this morning (about 8am).

Edited by manglegrat

My nearest store got 15 Star Destoryers, one less than the falcon. The falcon sold out before the doors opened, but this one had only sold 3 by the time I got there, 15 minutes after opening

Just had a look at the Episode IX sets again, and man that A-Wing is disappointing. Good figures but the ship itself looks more like an RZ-1 than an RZ-2. In fact, it’s more or less the same build as the last A-Wing from 2016. Unless IX is bringing back the RZ-1 that’s a pretty bad move on LEGO’s part. As similar as the ships are, there is a big difference in the shape of the hull and it looks like no attempt has been made to replicate it. 

50 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Just had a look at the Episode IX sets again, and man that A-Wing is disappointing. Good figures but the ship itself looks more like an RZ-1 than an RZ-2. In fact, it’s more or less the same build as the last A-Wing from 2016. Unless IX is bringing back the RZ-1 that’s a pretty bad move on LEGO’s part. As similar as the ships are, there is a big difference in the shape of the hull and it looks like no attempt has been made to replicate it. 

I disagree, apart from the front of the ship being pretty thick instead of flat the size is pretty accurate to the RZ-2

I agree and I have not seen a lot of criticism on the A-wing yet, even though it looks completely off. It is nowhere near as flat and sleek as the RZ-2 and the way the outward tapering sides have been approximated looks dreadful. It looks like a failed attempt at an RZ-1 set, which Lego have proven they can nail as a set (2016&2017 ones were fantastic).

The guns are comically thin and because of the piece use in the center, look awkward. The blue pin does not help.

I also would have preferred a blue one over another green one. The only positive thing I can say is that its price point is finally fitting again for what is supposed to be a small and massable fighter.

Edited by JekPorkchops

1 hour ago, JekPorkchops said:

I also would have preferred a blue one over another green one. 

Yes please, I really want a figure of Tallie

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yes please, I really want a figure of Tallie

She was in the Micro fighter twin pack with Kylo

8 minutes ago, Hulk_Smash said:

She was in the Micro fighter twin pack with Kylo

You could argue that, but as that figure was just named A-Wing Pilot and the helmet didn't even resemble Tallie's helmet I don't count that figure. So I guess I should say ''I really want a proper figure of Tallie''

I really dislike the color scheme of that new A-wing, I'm definitely going to pick up that AT-ST as soon as possible.. and maybe Kylo's shuttle later on to add to my bad guy's shuttle pack

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I disagree, apart from the front of the ship being pretty thick instead of flat the size is pretty accurate to the RZ-2

I agree

6 minutes ago, StanleyRos said:

I really dislike the color scheme of that new A-wing, I'm definitely going to pick up that AT-ST as soon as possible.. and maybe Kylo's shuttle later on to add to my bad guy's shuttle pack

I wish we got a blue one, but maybe green ones feature more prominently in TROS. 

Same here about the at-st, not the shuttle though, it's pretty expensive and most of my interest in that set is just the figures, as I made a custom one awhile back.

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

You could argue that, but as that figure was just named A-Wing Pilot and the helmet didn't even resemble Tallie's helmet I don't count that figure. So I guess I should say ''I really want a proper figure of Tallie''

The helmet matches perfectly...it’s 100% supposed to be Tallie